Win Kodi Not launching
On my laptop, I use windows 10. Had no problem with Kodi 16.1, but 17.1 won't launch
Post a Debug log (wiki).
Not sure what you mean
Have you followed the link (http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug%20log) I posted?
Read the instructions there how you get a debug log, post it at https://pastebin.com/ and the link back here.
Followed you link. It is telling me to go to certain files in kodi. How can I do this when Kodi will not launch
There is a section called "If you cannot control Kodi or if it crashes before you can complete these steps"
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy#If_y...hese_steps
Thanks for your patience, but I am still not sure what I am supposed to be doing. Think I will maybe just have to leave it and uninstall kodi. Pity really cos I really liked it
I'm having an issue similar to this as well. I just attempted to upgrade from 17.0 to 17.1. After I downloaded the update, Kodi won't even launch. It attempts to load for a few seconds then nothing happens. I tried deleting the software entirely and redownloading it and still nothing happens. Not sure what the issue is.
Exactly the same as mine. Do you know what he is refering to in the posts above
Log file/Advanced (wiki)

Pay particular attention to section 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml)

You can manually enable debug logging directly using an advancedsettings.xml file. This is especially useful if Kodi is crashing during start-up and you are unable to turn debugging on via the GUI. The advancedsettings.xml file is simply a plain text document that is saved in the userdata folder and read when Kodi first starts up. You can use the following examples to enable debug logging:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>

Note: Be sure to format this as a plain text document, and make sure it is titled advancedsettings.xml and make sure the extension is just .xml and not something like ".xml.txt" or ".xml.doc".

The Log will be located for Windows C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log Windows store version is location is in the wiki noted at the top of this message. Using cut & paste techniques, place the log file with www.pastebin.com and copy the URL line from the top of the page and insert it in a message in this thread.

If you have overlooked this BUG - Kodi 17 fails to start after upgrade from 16
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311821

Might be a good idea to have a look see, and leave e us a quick note, that you're out of trouble.
Will see what I can do. Just in the middle of doing something else. Thanks
I too am having a similar problem. I can get to the apps page, or home page. Sorry I'm new and don't know all the terminology, so please be patient with me. LOL. From the app page I click on the Kodi icon, and it goes directly into a black screen. I am completely technology stupid, so I highly doubt I'll be able to repair it without a tech's help. LOL. But I still like to try.

I'm not sure what version I'm running, as there were already several installed on the box when I bought it. However I believe I am either running 16.1, or 17.1. I follwed the link from above, but it says:

"1 Has the bug been reported already?

Duplicate bug reports only clutter the communications channels with the developers. Keeping the discussion in one place not only makes the topic easy to follow but centralizes all details for easier review. Before posting your bug report, it is important to ensure that you haven't been beat to it. There are two places to look, the Kodi Forum and Bug Tracker. Both have a search button. Please use it! If you find a thread on the forum or ticket on the bug tracker, please read through it and add any new information that you can provide. "Me too" and "bump" posts don't really help the matter without additional details, so please refrain."

I'm going to go to these other sites looking to see if the problem has already been reported. I just don't know what to do, if it has. Where do I turn from there.

Thank y'all in advance for your help with this matter. I truly am a newbie!
Ok I am so so so lost LOL. I have been reading, and linking, for a couple of hours now I 'm getting dizzy. The frustration was so bad I eventually ended up having to post a new "ticket" on Kodi Trac. Forgive me if that was a waste of time, but I seriously didn't know what more to do. I didn't even post my above comment properly LOL. So I think I'll just admit defeat, and give up on my Kodi. Maybe I'll get another one some day, but for now I'll sadly say good-bye to it.

Thank you to all who help us out on a daily basis. I've never watched so much TV in my life, as I did with Kodi. You guys are awesome. Again I thank you! My ticket # in Kodi Trac is 17438. again I don't know if this helps, but I figured I'd let y'all know I did submit a bug report.

Blessed Be! Namaste! Thank y'all again my friend. Peace and Love!!!
@thebears check out post #10 and let's have that log. A generalized observation of your issue is gfx engine trouble, new drivers?
ATTENTION!!!

I've had the same trouble as all of you. After reviewing threads and posts for a week I registered and read the following from Gobblewart:

Keep reading for EXACT STEPS that I took...

2017-04-09 02:52 Post: #1
Have you upgraded from Kodi 16 (Jarvis) to Kodi 17 (Krypton) but when you try to start Kodi after finishing the installation, nothing happens (except maybe the mouse cursor changes for a few seconds)?

This is a common problem, caused by an error upgrading a database, and is easily fixed.

First check if this is the right solution to your problem as follows...

In Windows Explorer, navigate to your kodi data folder (type or copy/paste the path shown below into the address bar).

The location of this folder will be different depending on where you installed Kodi from.
If you installed Kodi from the installer downloaded from this website, the folder will usually be found in %APPDATA%\kodi.
If you installed Kodi from the Windows Store, it will be %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kod​i

Open the file kodi.log (using notepad or similar) and scroll right to the bottom. You should see something like this:

Code:
ERROR: SQL: [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

Note: If you can't see kodi.log, you may have file extensions disabled, in which case you might just see a file called "kodi". If so, just double-click to open it.

If you do not see this, stop here. You have a different problem that this fix cannot resolve.

If you do see this, then in Windows Explorer, go to the database folder within your kodi data folder (from the previous step).

You should see a file called Addons27.db and its size should be zero bytes.

If so, delete the file.

That's it. Kodi should now run correctly and proceed to display the splash screen etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE Kodi will recreate a new Addons27.db file when it restarts. If kodi proceeds to load the splash screen, do not delete this file again, even if further problems occur.

STEP 1: I went to my C Drive on my Computer

Step 2: Searched for Kodi
A list of files came up including log files
STEP 3: I opened the Kodi log text file
STEP 4: followed the steps from Gobblewart

KODI IS FINE NOW

I opened and closed a few times to make sure.

I will check back everyday for a week. I hope it works for you too...

ALSO I was confused at first because my Kodi wouldn't start at all BUT a log is created if it doesn't start so...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Not launching0