• 11(current)
Issues with Extras Addon
Hello,

I got some errors recently by trying to access the "Extras" folder. Here is the log:

http://pastebin.fr/63554

I had no problem until now. I have some problem with two movies:

- Princesse Sofia : Il était une fois une princesse
- L'Âge de glace: les lois de l'Univers

The error here is with "Princesse Sofia: Il était une fois une princesse". The Scraper is in french and the titles are in french. I tried with the folder name "Princess Sofia Il était une fois une princesse(2012)" and also simply "Princesse Sofia". Each time there was an error. If the movie contains and ":" there is no problem. I don't know about accented characters and the combination of both.

For the second, I named the folder: "l'Age de glace les lois de l'Univers(2016)", so without the "Â". And there is also a problem.

What can be wrong here ?
@korben1

The few posts before yours deal with the same known issue. Read back and read here... https://github.com/tamland/kodi-addon-extras/issues/3
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-23, 09:30)Karellen Wrote: @korben1

The few posts before yours deal with the same known issue. Read back and read here... https://github.com/tamland/kodi-addon-extras/issues/3

Sorry, I didn't have a look at previous posts. Problem solved, thank you!
I have been a long time user of the previously banned extras addon, I found that it had some great features this one is missing. I was wondering if we can get some of its features into this addon, as it is officially supported:
  • "E" icon (or any identifiable icon) to display on media with Extras.
  • Option to display the extras menu when the media is completed.
  • Advance settings XML update button to stop extras media from being scanned to the library.
  • Compatibility of the above with popular skins like Aeon Nox Silvo.
Please do not direct me to special features, I am not a fan of the way it needs to constantly build a database and it does not contain an icon either and needs special modification to work with different skins. From my tests it is an extra menu when you click into a media, the above way is much more desirable and streamlined.

Where would be the best place to make this kind of request?
(2020-07-29, 13:28)maniyac Wrote: Where would be the best place to make this kind of request?
Here is fine for now, but the developer of this addon has not been active for a couple of years. Even though the addon still works it is basically unmaintained.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-29, 21:14)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 13:28)maniyac Wrote: Where would be the best place to make this kind of request?
Here is fine for now, but the developer of this addon has not been active for a couple of years. Even though the addon still works it is basically unmaintained.

Thanks for the reply, I notice you have been very active in assisting, is the code open source?

Is there anyone such as yourself or someone in the community you may know who would be willing to work on the updates?

This seems like an add-on and features that many users of Kodi would require so let's make it happen for the community and to make Kodi better. With v19 on the way it is only going to make the current versions more outdated/unstable without maintenance.

Happy to start a fundraiser and make a contribution if I have to.
Yes, the code is open source. I won't be able to update the addon, but lets hope someone does volunteer to update it as there are a couple of bug fixes that are needed, the most important one being to make this v19 compatible which it currently is not.
My Signature
For folks still using (or interested in using) this addon, I've gone ahead and updated the code so that it will work in Matrix.  I also fixed that encoding error people were having on Leia if the movie name (or the name of one of the extras) had an extended character in it.  I'm planning on submitting these to the main repo later this week but would appreciate it if a few folks could test.

Leia:
https://github.com/pkscout/context.item..../tree/leia

Matrix:
https://github.com/pkscout/context.item....ree/matrix

One thing to note. I've disabled the YouTube search option.  From what I can tell it never worked in Kodi 18, and doesn't work in Kodi 19.  I'm still trying to figure out why, but for now I thought it would be better to have a mostly functioning addon rather than nothing at all.
(2020-07-29, 13:28)maniyac Wrote: I have been a long time user of the previously banned extras addon, I found that it had some great features this one is missing. I was wondering if we can get some of its features into this addon, as it is officially supported:
  • Advance settings XML update button to stop extras media from being scanned to the library.
Please do not direct me to special features, I am not a fan of the way it needs to constantly build a database and it does not contain an icon either and needs special modification to work with different skins. From my tests it is an extra menu when you click into a media, the above way is much more desirable and streamlined.

Since I've done some work on the addon now, I thought I'd respond to these.
  1. Adding any kind of icon to the movie listings would be dependent on skin authors adding the support for it. I'm not sure we'd get much interest in such a niche request, but if I get enough skin authors who express interest, I can look into it.
  2. If I understand correctly, you want to watch the whole movie and then (with the correct option enabled) have the extras movie popup automatically.  This would require substantial work, as I'd have to add a service component that would watch when a movie is started and then also when it ends (and probably when people stop it before the credits are over).  No promises, but I'll look into it.
  3. Rewriting the advancedsettings.xml would have to be done brute force and require a Kodi restart. The likelihood that the script could properly add the needed options to the literally infinite potential advancedsettings.xml files without damaging the file is somewhere between slim and none.  Given that, unfortunately people who want to use this addon are going to have to do that manually.
  4. The answer to this is probably the same as #1.
(2020-08-26, 21:05)pkscout Wrote: Rewriting the advancedsettings.xml would have to be done brute force and require a Kodi restart. The likelihood that the script could properly add the needed options to the literally infinite potential advancedsettings.xml files without damaging the file is somewhere between slim and none.  Given that, unfortunately people who want to use this addon are going to have to do that manually.
Also I am pretty sure it would exclude the add-on from the Official Repo.
My Signature
(2020-08-26, 21:05)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 13:28)maniyac Wrote: I have been a long time user of the previously banned extras addon, I found that it had some great features this one is missing. I was wondering if we can get some of its features into this addon, as it is officially supported:

Since I've done some work on the addon now, I thought I'd respond to these.
  1. Adding any kind of icon to the movie listings would be dependent on skin authors adding the support for it. I'm not sure we'd get much interest in such a niche request, but if I get enough skin authors who express interest, I can look into it.
  2. If I understand correctly, you want to watch the whole movie and then (with the correct option enabled) have the extras movie popup automatically.  This would require substantial work, as I'd have to add a service component that would watch when a movie is started and then also when it ends (and probably when people stop it before the credits are over).  No promises, but I'll look into it.
  3. Rewriting the advancedsettings.xml would have to be done brute force and require a Kodi restart. The likelihood that the script could properly add the needed options to the literally infinite potential advancedsettings.xml files without damaging the file is somewhere between slim and none.  Given that, unfortunately people who want to use this addon are going to have to do that manually.
  4. The answer to this is probably the same as #1.
@pkscout ,

currently support special features script in my skin and would be happy to support this script as well if point 1 above was addressed. The way it was handled in special features was to include a image in the video database if there was extras for a video. Very easy to check for existence from within skin and very quick as no need to hit filesystem. Really should be part of core Kodi as so damn useful and relying on external scripts to be continually maintained is proving difficult. Problem I guess is the usual one, finding a dev to scratch the itch.

Wyrm (AppTV)
Just an FYI that a new thread has been started for support moving forward.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356731
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Extras Addon1