• 4(current)
Issues with Extras Addon
No problems.

The most likely reason there is no solution, is because no-one has taken on the task, not because it is difficult. If you have the skill, please feel free to contribute. I know it would make a few people happy, including yourself. Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen

I manage to fix the sort order bug! In fact, it's not displayed by date, but with 'no sort order', but Kodi shows it 'by date' maybe because of an another bug when no sort order is applied.

Anyway, to fix it, I did the following in 'plugin.py' :

- add 
python:
, addSortMethod, SORT_METHOD_LABEL
at the end of 
python:
from xbmcplugin import addDirectoryItem, endOfDirectory
resulting in
python:
from xbmcplugin import addDirectoryItem, endOfDirectory, addSortMethod, SORT_METHOD_LABEL

- add 
python:
addSortMethod(plugin.handle,SORT_METHOD_LABEL)
before 
python:
endOfDirectory(plugin.handle)

This forces the sort order by label, but "Search on Youtube" is also sorted and moved at the top of the list, mixed with folders (I can't remember the default behaviour for this item)

I don't have a full GitHub environnement created for now, so no PR. But it's a 5 minutes change, so if someone from Team Kodi think it's good enough, maybe it can be changed by a team member without a PR ?

Cheers,

Smeulf.
Hello @Smeulf

Thank you for going to the effort.

I have left a note for the original add-on developer to look at your post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Should be fixed in v1.3.0
Hello and thank you @takoi Smile
My Signature
(2017-06-17, 14:02)Edworld Wrote: Sorry to hijack your thread...

I installed this add on, set up the extras folder and I am able to see the file name after using context menu. I can't get the extra to play, it keeps asking me to enter the name of the movie.

Any ideas?

TIA
 In a recent post smitchell mentioned that the issue i am having is probably related to having "display info" in my kodi settings instead of play. I will try confirming this in the next couple of days.
Whenever I try to view the Extras for a Movie or TV Show in my library, Kodi barks at me and says "Extras error: Check the log for more information."

I'm running LibreElec 8.2.5 on RPi2.arm which is running Kodi 17.6 Git:a9a7a20 Compiled Apr 13 2018

I tried checking the log and it doesn't show anything. I checked the Event log in the settings tab of Kodi and the only item in the list is "Kodi successfully started". The Show higher levels toggle is enabled. I tried to toggle the Enable debug logging on, the Enable component-specific logging on, Enable event logging on, Enable notification event logging on, but when I Show event log it is still the same thing (basically empty aside from the startup success).

I tried SSH to my Pi and looking at the /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log file and it is empty.

I tried restarting Kodi after toggling various logging options and the log file is still empty after reproducing the error.

I have all of my TV shows and Movies in separate folders for each item with an "Extras" folder within each. Nothing too crazy going on there.

I tried removing the Add on and reinstalling it...nothing.

I want to know how to get this thing to log the error so I can find out what the problem is so I can access my Extras through the context menu. I have no problem navigating to an item manually through Kodi's Settings > Media settings > Library > Videos... > Movies > The Expendables > Extras and launching a video directly from there.

What else can I try?  I feel like this problem was intermittent in the past (i.e. some movies worked and some didn't) but now none of the Movies I have let me go to the Extras context menu.

I am running Version 1.3.0 from the Kodi Add-on repository with the default Estuary skin.
Hello User 344012

The Extras add-on is one of those add-ons that just works. It is simple but very efficient. I use it also without issue.

It would be helpful if you post the Debug Log so we can have a look also. Once you enable Debugging, restart Kodi (this is important) then replicate the problem. So do whatever it is that you do, to get the error message. Then upload it to a pastebin type site.

Can you also upload a screenshot of the problem movie/extra folder. Use Windows Explorer (or whatever file viewer you use) and take a snip of the view and upload using the i icon on the editors bar above.
My Signature
I love this addon! But one issue is that it's not easy to tell if a movie has an extra. One idea is for movies with an Extras folder, add the genre Extras to that movie. So now at least you can filter by that genre to see which movies have Extras or see if that genre exists under the information page. But still need to find a way to add the genre automatically, most likely through some script. Ideas?
@badbob001

If that feature is important to you, then look at this add-on... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Special_Features

It was recently introduced and many skins now support it and display a flag when Extras are available for a title. It may mean slightly modifying the location of Extras folder if you use DVD or Bluray folders though.
My Signature
(2018-06-04, 23:46)Karellen Wrote: If that feature is important to you, then look at this add-on... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Special_Features

It was recently introduced and many skins now support it and display a flag when Extras are available for a title. It may mean slightly modifying the location of Extras folder if you use DVD or Bluray folders though.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the Special Features addon and it can scan and build its own database of extras for easy browsing through the addon, which resembles my Extras genre idea but without all the manual work. It can also show an extras indicator and/or extras button in the kodi GUI, but that feature requires using supported third-party skins or applying patches to an existing skin. The skin requirements are an issue since my household prefers the built-in estuary skin and that can't be modified on android devices without rooting. There is an optional context menu item to access extras content, similar to that in the Extras addon.

I do like the ability to browse all extras from the add-on. But if I don't root my devices, both Extras and Special Features addons are similar in lacking the ability to indicate the presence of Extras in the context of a movie. So I'll still keep my eye out for a way to automatically update the Genre, which would benefit both addons in my situation.
I implemented a hackish (more on the hokey side) way to indicate if a movie has Extras and it works with the default built-in skin, but only if you don't use fanart. So for each movie with an Extras folder, I add a custom fanart.png. The fanart.png is basically a black rectangular image with the white banner that says EXTRAS.
[download]

So when browsing the library, only items will Extras will show the custom fanart image.

Bonus is that Ember Media Manager, which can't normally be used to detect the Extras subfolder, can now just detect the presence of the fanart. Then you can filter/sort for movies with fanart and if you want, add an Extras genre or tag for those movies. This will allow you to search for that genre or tag inside kodi to see all movies with Extras.
(2018-06-07, 13:46)badbob001 Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 23:46)Karellen Wrote: If that feature is important to you, then look at this add-on... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Special_Features

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the Special Features addon and it can scan and build its own database of extras for easy browsing through the addon, which resembles my Extras genre idea but without all the manual work. It can also show an extras indicator and/or extras button in the kodi GUI, but that feature requires using supported third-party skins or applying patches to an existing skin. The skin requirements are an issue since my household prefers the built-in estuary skin and that can't be modified on android devices without rooting. There is an optional context menu item to access extras content, similar to that in the Extras addon.

I do like the ability to browse all extras from the add-on. But if I don't root my devices, both Extras and Special Features addons are similar in lacking the ability to indicate the presence of Extras in the context of a movie. So I'll still keep my eye out for a way to automatically update the Genre, which would benefit both addons in my situation. 
Oddly, I came here for exactly the same reason.  I'd like an indication somewhere that there are extras.  Mabye just a (*) appended to the end of the movie title, or something similar, when browsing library.  (Consider it a feature request. Is it even appropriate to make a feature request in this thread, and if not, where?)

Second feature request is just that in addition to "Extras" subfolder, there could be an option to consider any video file that has "Extra" in the filename an Extra to list.   (Realizing that would probably take more thought…  Plenty of movie titles with "extra" in them I imagine…)  Possibly something as simple as only including any video file that is smaller than the main file in a folder that has "extra" in it…
I can't get Kodi to stop scraping all my extras, other than by manually placing a .nomedia file in every Extras folder. Can anyone help and tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what's wrong with my advancedsettings.xml? I'm scraping using Universal Movie Scraper, and I've tried both with and without "scanning recursively".

The advancedsettings file is definitely loading, and some of the excludefromscan tags work (it successfully skips 'sample' videos), but not the ones for extras.

I've been ripping some of my DVDs today and added them as a new source (smb://192.168.0.15/movies/dvd-collection/) to make it easier to troubleshoot. The structure within the source follows the following example:
Strangers With Candy (2006)/
Strangers With Candy (2006)/Strangers.With.Candy.2006.DVD.mkv
Strangers With Candy (2006)/Extras/
Strangers With Candy (2006)/Extras/Theatrical Trailer.mkv
Strangers With Candy (2006)/Extras/Deleted Scenes.mkv

Debug log here
xml:
VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://192.168.0.15/movies/dvd-collection/Money Talks (1997)/Extras/Theatrical Trailer.mkv'
One issue I see is that you are saving your trailers in the Extras folder. Not really a problem, but there is a better way...

If you rename the trailer to Money.Talks.1997.DVD-sempervirens-trailer.mkv (which is the same as your movie filename) then Kodi will scan that into the database and the skins can use it. Usually there is an icon that indicates a trailer is available.

xml:
<!-- exlusions written by me to keep samples from scraping -->
You don't need this. By default Kodi ignores anything containing the word Sample. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#video

I could find no error in your advancedsettings.xml code. I copied your code and tested it locally on a few movies and the Extras were excluded as expected. I cannot see what the issue is. Possibly a Mac thing?

The only other thing that comes to mind is that maybe you have changed the name of the Extras folder in the settings page for the Add-on. Can you check that.
My Signature
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Extras Addon1