• 9(current)
Issues with Extras Addon
(2019-11-12, 20:06)Roger79 Wrote: I used VideoExtras for as long as it worked but now I'm looking for a replacement addon. I downloaded and installed this addon but it won't show my extras. I have not changed anything regarding naming or placement of folders and files.

My folder an filenaming look like this:

\Movie (Year)\Extras\#1 Menu Item 1 #1 Sub Menu Item 1.mkv etc...
\Movie (Year)\Movie (Year).mkv

The Source folder name has the letter Å (å) in it.

I am using Kodi 19 HDR Alpha and Kodi 18, and it's not working on either installation.

I am getting an error when accessing extras that consists of mpg-files and has the letters æ or ø or å in them.

Hi, try to download version from my fork: https://github.com/vaclav-langr/kodi-add...s/releases
(2019-11-25, 15:31)venda3 Wrote:
(2019-11-12, 20:06)Roger79 Wrote: I used VideoExtras for as long as it worked but now I'm looking for a replacement addon. I downloaded and installed this addon but it won't show my extras. I have not changed anything regarding naming or placement of folders and files.

My folder an filenaming look like this:

\Movie (Year)\Extras\#1 Menu Item 1 #1 Sub Menu Item 1.mkv etc...
\Movie (Year)\Movie (Year).mkv

The Source folder name has the letter Å (å) in it.

I am using Kodi 19 HDR Alpha and Kodi 18, and it's not working on either installation.

I am getting an error when accessing extras that consists of mpg-files and has the letters æ or ø or å in them.

Hi, try to download version from my fork: https://github.com/vaclav-langr/kodi-add...s/releases  

Thanks, @venda3! Your fork fixed it for me Smile
Is it possible to see the Extras context item when using the context menu within the Video Playlist screen?

I'm trying to find a way to access Extras while within the movie. Why not just backup to the movie selection screen first? Because if the movie is chosen from a dynamic widget on the homescreen (eg: random movie), then the movie may not be there anymore. Closest I got is, while viewing a movie, is to access the Video Playlist screen and then access the context menu. Unfortunately, the Extras items doesn't show up in that context menu.
Two questions:

What's the difference between the Extras Addon and the Special Features Addon?  I've read the wiki here but it doesn't really clarify.   If my goal is just to use the "Extras" CM for access to such extras, which to use?  

Is there any way to specify certain filename matches that would count as Extras even if they're not a subfodler named "Extras"?  For example, a file with "trailer" in the fn, but at the same level as the main movie file?
(2020-05-05, 18:52)ctawn Wrote: Is there any way to specify certain filename matches that would count as Extras even if they're not a subfodler named "Extras"?
No

(2020-05-05, 18:52)ctawn Wrote: For example, a file with "trailer" in the fn, but at the same level as the main movie file?
Kodi looks for trailers and skins utilise the trailer file, so no need to hide it in the Extras folder. See... Trailers (wiki)

(2020-05-05, 18:52)ctawn Wrote: What's the difference between the Extras Addon and the Special Features Addon?
Special Features offers a few more features over the Extras add-on but both are pretty much no longer maintained.
If you just want a simple list of extras you can watch, then use the basic Extras addon.
If you want to pretty up your Extras with metadata and images, then use Special Features.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you Karellen, for continuing to be an excellent advisor!  Some followup.
(2020-05-05, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: No [way to specify certain filename matches that would count as Extras even if they're not a subfodler named "Extras]
OK, that's clear. Perhaps there should be with pattern matching in advancedsettings.xml.  Of course that doesn't work well with trailers either (see below).  And/or there could be a list of folder names that also count as "Extras" folders. (Such as "Extra" or "Featurettes" etc.)

FWIW, creating an "Extras" folder containing symlinks to the files up one level works, though doing that globally would be tedious.
(2020-05-05, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: Special Features offers a few more features over the Extras add-on but both are pretty much no longer maintained.
I thought that K18/Leila was supposed to introduce this support natively? If so, then how do you access this native support?
(2020-05-05, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: If you just want a simple list of extras you can watch, then use the basic Extras addon.
If you want to pretty up your Extras with metadata and images, then use Special Features.   
Both are enabled. There is an item "Extras" in CM, but no "Special Features".  I can access Special Features by opening it through the addons.  Is that the only way to access it?  

Incidentally, Special Features doesn't work at all for me. Nothing in library, and scanning attempt to scan throws "UnicodeEncodeError" exception:
xml:
  Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 121: ordinal not in range(128)
Comments?
(2020-05-05, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: Kodi looks for trailers and skins utilise the trailer file, so no need to hide it in the Extras folder. See... Trailers (wiki) 
In that wiki link, it specifies an extact trailer name: "fn-trailer.ext".  Elsewhere I had found you could specify a RegEx key with <trailermatching>.  However that has never worked for me.  For example I have this in advancedsettings.xml:

xml:
<trailermatching>
        <regexp>(.*?)(trailer)(}|]|\))?(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</trailermatching>
That should matach this filename:  "moviefilename[TRAILER-Theatrical Trailer].mp4".  However attempting to play that trailer (even after a refresh) does not play that local trailer, but rather the YouTube trailer. Why?

Then, here's a weird point of confusion.  In the CM, there is both an item called "Trailer" and one called "Play Trailer" which both appear to do the same thing.  [Note that sometimes, only one is present, but cannot determine any rhyme or reason to that.] Any idea why there are two and why sometimes only one?

Lastly a quesiton/feature suggestion:  Is there any way to show an indicaiton that there are extras and/or a local trailer present?  If not, any chance it could be implemented?  (I sort of assume that Kodi would have to make the info available to the skins, which would have to implement it in the skin. Correct?)

×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×
(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: I thought that K18/Leila was supposed to introduce this support natively? If so, then how do you access this native support?
Nope. Whoever stated that is wrong.

(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: Both are enabled. There is an item "Extras" in CM, but no "Special Features".  I can access Special Features by opening it through the addons.  Is that the only way to access it?  
Sorry, apart from some initial testing when it was first released a couple of years ago, I have never used the add-on. You will need to ask in the Special Features thread.

(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: Incidentally, Special Features doesn't work at all for me. Nothing in library, and scanning attempt to scan throws "UnicodeEncodeError" exception:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 121: ordinal not in range(128)
I have seen that error before. You can report it in the Special Features thread, but it is largely unmaintained so it may be a while before a fix is available. The same issue affects the Extras addon. I believe if the filename of video file contains non-standard characters, it can cause a problem.

(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: n that wiki link, it specifies an extact trailer name: "fn-trailer.ext".  Elsewhere I had found you could specify a RegEx key with <trailermatching>.  However that has never worked for me.  For example I have this in advancedsettings.xml:
Yes, I have seen another report of not being able to get the regex to work. I am not really sure how that is supposed to work, as some skins search only for -trailer and bypass what the core code returns.

(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: Then, here's a weird point of confusion.  In the CM, there is both an item called "Trailer" and one called "Play Trailer" which both appear to do the same thing
Can you provide a screenshot?

(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: Lastly a quesiton/feature suggestion:  Is there any way to show an indicaiton that there are extras and/or a local trailer present?
Not for Extras. For Trailers, the skin will display the Trailer button on the Information Page and other skins will also display an icon when browsing the library. If you do not have the "Trailer" button, then the trailer was not scanned into the library.

(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: If not, any chance it could be implemented?  (I sort of assume that Kodi would have to make the info available to the skins, which would have to implement it in the skin. Correct?)
Already implemented for trailers. Probably not for Extras. Extras are not scanned into the database so Kodi does not know they exist. The skin would need to be modified to search for Extras. Best ask in the skin thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-06, 22:33)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: I thought that K18/Leila was supposed to introduce this support natively?
Nope. Whoever stated that is wrong.           
Hmm… The Special Features addon description says it is "inspired by the upcoming Blu-Ray Features being introduced in Kodi 18." So what does that refer to then? (And btw I can't dig up the "whoever" at the moment, but are you suggesting someone misspoke? Cuz I remember thinking this was coming…)
(2020-05-06, 22:33)Karellen Wrote: Yes, I have seen another report of not being able to get the regex to work. I am not really sure how [trailer matching] is supposed to work, as some skins search only for -trailer and bypass what the core code returns.
How can we report this as a bug then?  Would be pretty useful to fix.
(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: Then, here's a weird point of confusion.  In the CM, there is both an item called "Trailer" and one called "Play Trailer" which both appear to do the same thing.
NM. The one called "Play Trailer" was a CM addon by that name.  Must have predated the baked in one.  Removed.

(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: Lastly a quesiton/feature suggestion:  Is there any way to show an indicaiton that there are extras and/or a local trailer present?
Not for Extras. For Trailers, the skin will display the Trailer button on the Information Page and other skins will also display an icon when browsing the library. If you do not have the "Trailer" button, then the trailer was not scanned into the library. 
Yes, but that Trailer button apparently is present if any trailer – including a youtube one – was found. Correct? It would be helpful to see an indicaiton when there is a local trailer. Indeed, IMO Kodi should always prefer a local trailer, and look for it again if the user invokes a play trailer function, not just when initially scraped.
(2020-05-06, 17:23)ctawn Wrote: If not, any chance it could be implemented?  (I sort of assume that Kodi would have to make the info available to the skins, which would have to implement it in the skin. Correct?)
Already implemented for trailers. Probably not for Extras. Extras are not scanned into the database so Kodi does not know they exist. The skin would need to be modified to search for Extras. Best ask in the skin thread.            
OK, will ask in skin thread. But how can I make that feature request, then, for Kodi? It should look when scraped, IMO, and the skin shoudl be able to show an icon or something. That would be extremely helpful.

×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×  ×
I can install on a windows 10 computer and works but cant get it to work on a vero 4k+. Is this addon windows only?
(2020-05-10, 22:35)Edworld Wrote: Is this addon windows only?
Nope. It is <platform>all</platform>

What is the problem? Maybe a Debug Log will reveal more. But the add-on is unmaintained, so lets hope it is a quick fix for user error.
My Signature
(2020-05-10, 22:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 22:35)Edworld Wrote: Is this addon windows only?
Nope. It is <platform>all</platform>

What is the problem? Maybe a Debug Log will reveal more. But the add-on is unmaintained, so lets hope it is a quick fix for user error. 
Thanks for responding. Context menu on the vero 4K does not show the extras option,  I guess it could be a vero 4k issue
Did you restart? I have noticed with add-ons that add a context menu entry a restart of Kodi is required.
My Signature
(2020-05-10, 22:57)Karellen Wrote: Did you restart? I have noticed with add-ons that add a context menu entry a restart of Kodi is required.

That did the trick with the vero.

Thanks
@venda3 I have created a pull request for kodi v19 fixes against both your fork and master. My fork is at https://github.com/heitbaum/kodi-addon-extras and has been tested on Milhouse devel-20200512004719-#0511-gcf26681
I found out about Extras the hard way, after Kodi scanned all my extras to my library.

I've since installed the Add-On, and moved them to the Extras folder within the respective movie directory. The problem is, all the extras are still sitting there with the rest of my Movies. I went through all of them and removed them from my library using the context menu, however upon restarting my machine. Apparently, it re-added them to the Library. I've tried using the library clean-up function, and that didn't fix it either.

What else do I need to do?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Extras Addon1