• 1(current)
Issues with Extras Addon
When 17 was released I went from using VideoExtras to the Extras addon that is in the official repo. I've added some shows recently where the extras are not showing up. Also, when I browse the ones that are in there correctly they do not sort and seem to be in a random order.
Sorry for hijacking your thread ablack42...

I just started using this add-on in the last few days. I can't seem to get it to see my extras at all. I have an Extras folder as a subdirectory of the Movie, but when I use the context menu to view Extras, I just get a page asking if I want to search YouTube.

I have searched forums for this add-on, but can only find the banned VideoExtras threads. Wiki has no help.

Any help to both of us would be appreciated.
I seem to have corrected one issue where extras wouldn't appear. It was related to me moving some tv shows to new folders on my NAS. I had to remove them from the library and add them back in and that resolved.

As far as the sorting issue, on my linux system the sorting is as expected but on my Windows system it appears random.
Quote:I had to remove them from the library and add them back in and that resolved
Thanks. Tried that but no luck.

I have setup as follows...

F:\Movies\I Am Legend (2007)\BDMV
F:\Movies\I Am Legend (2007)\CERTIFICATE
F:\Movies\I Am Legend (2007)\Extras
F:\Movies\I Am Legend (2007)\Extras\Alternate Ending.m2ts
F:\Movies\I Am Legend (2007)\Extras\Hong Kong Anime.m2ts

Is there something wrong with this setup? The directory "Extras" is exactly how it appears in the settings for this Add-on.

As I said previously, I have the movie highlighted, I select Extras from the context menu, then I get a page asking if I want to search YouTube.
Ok, found the problem. The Extras directory needed to be moved down a level as follows...

For BluRay directory structure, the Extras folder is placed as follows...
F:\Movies\I Am Legend (2007)\BDMV\Extras

For DVD directory structure, the Extras folder is placed as follows...
f:\Movies\This Means War\VIDEO_TS\Extras

Hope this helps others.
(2017-04-16, 04:15)ablack42 Wrote: As far as the sorting issue, on my linux system the sorting is as expected but on my Windows system it appears random.

For your sorting issue, I found this other thread from last week regarding the same issue. Though there does not seem to be any resolution. The link mentioned in post #2 refers to a thread 4 years old with lots of references to a banned add-on.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...as+sorting
I realized too late that there would be an issue with scanning new items into the library that contained the "Extras" Subfolder.. Now I have about 60+ listings that I'll either have to manually delete one by one or audit and remove the entries from the MySQL DB.

I have the DB up in MySQL Workbench, which I have used previously to correct the paths of items I have moved. Would anyone know the correct SQL command(s) to both search for and remove these unwanted "Extras"?
That's a PITA!!!

Quote:Would anyone know the correct SQL command(s) to both search for and remove these unwanted "Extras"?
There is another thread that has a similar query, and there are some SQL commands given. On quick glance, there doesn't seem to be a Delete command but Searching syntax is there... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2581562
Although, I am not sure if it will help you find unique titles in the Extra's folder. It is more for duplicates. But there is some relevant and worthwhile information there.

There is an official Kodi add-on that deals with movie Extras. The wiki page has some setting up guides... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2581562. Sorry gave you the wrong link. Correct link... http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras The wiki page was updated yesterday.

Of particular note is chapter 3. Preventing Extras from being scraped. In the first thread link I provided above, @PatK has provided some code that you can insert into your advancedsettings.xml file to prevent scraping of Extras folder.

Sorry can't provide exact SQL commands, but if no-one comes back with a reply, you may have to delete manually. I know... 60 movies!! 15 minutes work Smile
(2017-05-12, 01:10)Karellen Wrote: That's a PITA!!!

Yep Wink

(2017-05-12, 01:10)Karellen Wrote: There is an official Kodi add-on that deals with movie Extras. The wiki page has some setting up guides... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2581562. Sorry gave you the wrong link. Correct link... http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras The wiki page was updated yesterday.

That Add-On leads to this page, which is why I'm asking here..

(2017-05-12, 01:10)Karellen Wrote: Of particular note is chapter 3. Preventing Extras from being scraped. In the first thread link I provided above, @PatK has provided some code that you can insert into your advancedsettings.xml file to prevent scraping of Extras folder.

I have done that now (used <regexp>extras</regexp> and <regexp>Extras</regexp> because I wasn't sure if it was case-sensitive), but it doesn't help with the titles already scanned in.

I wouldn't mind deleting each of the manually, but the animation timing for popping out the different dialog messages is a bit much when doing the same thing over and over. For normal transactions/interactions, I find the animation timing very pleasant, but for this, it just takes too long. Which is why a nice SQL command that takes 1 second to run would be very, very preferable.
Yes, understand the repetitiveness of the task.

All I can suggest is sit tight and wait 24 hours. The member that can give you the answer is probably in bed sleeping in some part of the world.
Well, I appreciate you taking the time to respond in the interim!

It's not the end of the world if I have to manually do it, but I'll hold off til Monday.
I didn't realize I could just hit Delete. I thought I had to go through the context menus to get rid of the items. Took about 3 minutes Wink

Looks like the author of the add-on updated the wiki, now complete with the proper settings to add. Your link was a bit broken (additional "." at the end). Corrected link:
Add-on:Extras
Arrrghh. Sorry about that. Just habit putting a full stop at the end of my sentences. It's not the first time! I'll edit my post in case it confuses others.

Glad it worked out for you!! Glad you liked my work on the wiki also Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry to hijack your thread...

I installed this add on, set up the extras folder and I am able to see the file name after using context menu. I can't get the extra to play, it keeps asking me to enter the name of the movie.

Any ideas?

TIA
Hello Edworld,

That sounds unusual. Honestly I don't know why it is throwing up that message. I assume you have read the wiki page, and ended up here from the wiki page?

You have highlighted the movie, selected Extras from the Context Menu, it then shows the list of Extras videos. Then you select one to play. If this what you have done, it is all set up correctly

If you navigate to the file via Videos>Files>your source>movie name>>extras folder, does the video play?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Extras Addon1