•   
  • 10(current)
Issues with Extras Addon
(2020-05-25, 23:23)SwedishHeat Wrote: What else do I need to do?
Read Sect 4 here... Add-on:Extras (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)  
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-26, 00:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 23:23)SwedishHeat Wrote: What else do I need to do?
Read Sect 4 here... Add-on:Extras (wiki) 
Okay, I created that advancedsettings.xml file and restarted and it still didn't work. Is that XML file telling Kodi to ignore any directory named 'Extras'?

I've set my source drive to be my main movie drive, so some Extras folder are deeper in the folder structure than others, so I think it may just be going one folder deep in each and looking for Extras. That may be why it's not working.
(2020-05-26, 02:36)SwedishHeat Wrote: created that advancedsettings.xml file and restarted and it still didn't work.
What exactly did not work? If you are expecting that all the duplicates will now disappear, then that won't happen. The change takes effect on future scrapes, it won't clean up past mistakes.

(2020-05-26, 02:36)SwedishHeat Wrote: so some Extras folder are deeper in the folder structure than others
Give me an example. IIRC the folder needs to sit next to the video file.
My Signature
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-26, 07:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 02:36)SwedishHeat Wrote: created that advancedsettings.xml file and restarted and it still didn't work.
What exactly did not work? If you are expecting that all the duplicates will now disappear, then that won't happen. The change takes effect on future scrapes, it won't clean up past mistakes.
(2020-05-26, 02:36)SwedishHeat Wrote: so some Extras folder are deeper in the folder structure than others
Give me an example. IIRC the folder needs to sit next to the video file. 
Okay, sounds like I misunderstood the functionality then. If it's already scanned some extras to my library, how do I get rid of them?

I've used the 'remove from library' command from the context menu, only to have them re-appear in my library on a restart.

As an example, my folder structure looks like this

Movies\Marvel Cinematic Universe\Avengers Endgame\(video file)
Movies\Marvel Cinematic Universe\Averngers Endgame\Extras

Movies\Star Wars\PT\Episode 1\(video file)
Movies\Star Wars\PT\Episode 1\Extras
(2020-05-26, 17:24)SwedishHeat Wrote: If it's already scanned some extras to my library, how do I get rid of them?
Delete them. Press Delete on your keyboard, or Context Menu>Manage>Remove from library.

If they are still coming back, then you have made a mistake with the code. Provide a Debug Log which captures the problem.
My Signature
  •   
  • 10(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Extras Addon21
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.