Slide show only starts after next song is played
I use Kodi a lot to play all my music in "Party mode" and start a picture slide show that goes over my pictures random.

However, since (I think) 17.1 if I start "Party mode" and then go to the pictures and start a random slide show the music keeps on playing and the slide show will only start after the music has moved to the next song.

Can this be fixed?
This issue still occurs in 17.2 and 17.3. Even in 18 I see this happening. In 17.3 it is even worse... After the song stops playing everything seems frozen for quite a while and then all of a sudden the next song starts playing and the picture slide show starts.
Can you provide a debug log. Link is in my signature below.

Use the basic method. Once you have Enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Debugging, restart Kodi, and replicate the problem. Post to pastebin type site and link back here.

Are all your pictures and music local or network?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'll do that as soon as I can disconnect my children from the TV Smile

I think it is preferrable to use version 17.3 to test this, right? All pictures and music are local available on that specific machine. I will try it from another machine as well.
That's https://paste.ubuntu.com/24694409/

I'm sorry, I've left the logging running for a while after it was finished and the slide show did start. I wasn't sure on how to do that. The entire time the music was playing and the slide show was about to start the logging in the left top screen was also frozen.

Tested it on another system as well. That runs Kodi 17.3 too and accesses the same music and fotos but then over the network. That works smooth as a wistle.
That' not a debug log.

You need to enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging. Restart Kodi. Replicate the problem
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry, I just noticed there was a reply.

I checked the link in your signature. If this is not a debug log, what did I do wrong? I followed the link that I pasted. Is that the complete "log"? Or is it shortened?
If the last actual lines are this:
21:13:25.935 T:184920 WARNING: MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'zip://E%3a%5cMuziek%5cHIM%5cHIM%20-%20Ultra%20Rare%20Trax%20Vol.1%5cUltra%20Rare%20Trax%20Vol%201.zip/' does not exist - skipping scan.
21:13:25.936 T:184920 WARNING: MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'zip://E%3a%5cMuziek%5cHIM%5cHim_-_Uneasy_Listening_Vol.1-2006-MOD%5cuneasy_listening_vol.1.zip/' does not exist - skipping scan.
Download as text
Then indeed this is just starting up Kodi. I will then do it again.
Hello Plantje,

You need to Enable debugging in the Menu- Settings>System Settings>Logging. Once it is Enabled, you restart Kodi and replicate the problem. The log needs to catch your described problem to be of any use. Post the whole log. Don't post just snippets.
My Signature
Can I send the log while Kodi is still in debug log more?
Yes, you can still send the log while Kodi is in debugging mode.

You can either use the Uploader Add-on or you can follow these instructions

Upload the results
The log file is named kodi.log and it is located in the C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\.
You must locate this log file and copy it's contents to a pastebin type site as follows:

1. Navigate to the \kodi directory as described and locate the file named kodi.log
2. Open the file with Notepad and copy all the contents of the document
3. Locate a Pastebin type site. Two examples are https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/
4. Paste the contents of the kodi.log file
5. Press Paste or Generate
6. When the screen refreshes with your paste, copy the entire address in the address bar and paste it into a new message in your thread
My Signature
Just did it again. Can be found here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24741086/
When using the upload add on nothing happens. If I then stop the debugging and close Kodi, Kodi crashes ("application is not responding" message from Windows)
If I then restart Kodi I am able to upload the log. And the time does represent the time I encountered the issue.
Be aware that the Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. A new Kodi.log is created. The kodi.log that was there is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site

Did this issue only start after upgrading to v17.x? Was it working ok with the previous version?
My Signature
Ok, I did a new attempt.

So, the issue is: after starting the party mode playlist and then play a slide show with all pictures in random order everything seems to freeze until the second song is started. Sometimes after the first song everything stays quiet for minutes and then the slide show starts and the second song starts playing.

If I reproduce the issue and then stop music playback and the slideshow and try to send the log through the log uploader add on nothing happens. I I then exit Kodi through the menu options Windows says the program is not responding and I can only kill the program. Therefore in the log uploader add on I checked to upload the old log as well. This can be found here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24751223/

This has been happening at least through all 17.x versions. Version 15 didn't have the issue. I never used version 16 really because that was not compatible with my nVidia drivers (if I remember correctly)

I will attempt another time to reproduce the issue.
Tried to reproduce it. At 21.36 everything (including logging) seemed frozen. The music kept playing though. After the song it was silent for a while and at 21.41 the next song started playing and the slide show started.

If I look at the current Kodi.log it is only 12kB and last updated 21.35.
And poof...after a while it updated and now it is a lot larger. In between 21.36 and 21.41 in the logging I see a lot of these messages:
21:45:33.974 T:299936 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnAdd
21:45:33.974 T:299936 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnAdd from xbmc

Then I see something indicating the slide show has started and again a lot of these:
21:45:33.974 T:299936 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnAdd
21:45:33.974 T:299936 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnAdd from xbmc

I will try to upload this log as well. And with the log uploader set to upload the previous log as well I should be good. I will check if the exact moment that I reproduced the issue is in there

Edit: No, as far as I can see that info is not in there. I will try to upload that log manually as I still have the old log.
Aaargh...pastebin doesn't allow for more than 512kB. I'll upload it to OneDrive and post a read only link here...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slide show only starts after next song is played0