High CPU usage when kodi 17.1 window not visible
Is this just happening in transparency just thats my skin i use and dont have this problem on either of my macs. one is an older 2009 imac with mediocre spec and the other a mac pro with top spec, but regardless i dont get the problem. Do all 8 of your cores hit high numbers? Just i could do a bit more testing with other skins if its happening in them too? As im sure we can get this one nailed down.
@waddles - command+F is not the macos fullscreen feature - its the normal kodi fullscreen mode that gets toggled with that key combo...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
fyi. I am using aeon nox as a skin. And i am on full screen mode roggled by the \ key
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
@waddles i tried to reproduce. Used transparency and focused all things you said would raise the CPU load. 2 Examples here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/etus72bu9m82x3...d.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p770ku2gzjkyhh...n.png?dl=0

There is no real change in CPU load for me - its always around 15%...

I need a better reproduction description or more information about the setups.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
@Memphiz.

Kodi 17.1 on a mac mini 2011 intel hd3000

I am running kodi fullscreen with the \ key. I leave kodi in a tvshow season list. Now i move to another workspace, start safari and the fan will start to work.
If i leave kodi on the home screen this does not occur. I cant describe it any better.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
How do you move to another workspace. Sorry i don't use any of that workspace stuff and am clueless ...
@Memphiz both those screenshots have at least part of the Kodi window visible. To trigger the cpu spike, the Kodi window needs to be entirely covered by another window or when switched to a different desktop (press Ctrl-UpArrow to add desktops then Ctrl-Left/Right to switch between them).

Video showing example with fresh profile
at 54 sec, I select a blue menu item in the right section
at 1:10 I drag the activity monitor down to obscure the kodi window and trigger the cpu spike
at 1:37 I drag the activity monitor back up and cpu settles again

For me it can be triggered by showing video, and put the monitor in stand-by. I tried to reproduce it while:

- Playing radio, window focused, screen standby (not triggered)
- Playing radio, window not focused, screen standby (not triggered)
- Playing video, screen standby... BBQ time!

So this is all in windowed mode, not fullscreen.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB
Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

macOS 10.12.4
Kodi 17.1
Refocus skin

Log: https://pastebin.com/Be3KJHMT
(2017-04-22, 12:43)Memphiz Wrote: How do you move to another workspace. Sorry i don't use any of that workspace stuff and am clueless ...

I usually use the F3 key. Hit the plus sign to add a workspace / desktop and then use the mouse to switch to any tof the now two desktops. One is running Kodi fullscreen the other is just the macos interface.
Ive tried 5 or 6 skins covered the window/moved desktop and theres not a flutter on either of my macs i really dont know where to go from here pal but happy to try anything that may help you
I can reproduce now thanks to the video - it really depends on what has the focus inside kodi...
There is a fix for this issue in the kodi agile branch already. I have to discuss with the developer in charge when and in what way the fix will be integrated into kodi mainline.
i couldn't reproduce it weird one and i tried ALOT
I'm facing the same issue - CPU usage spikes up whenever I switch focus to another app or desktop. @Memphiz Could I know if the fix will be integrated into Krypton anytime soon? Thanks.
The fix doesn't work to Krypton. Is the fix itself is way over my head and the developer who did it in the first place is not interested in investigating it for Krypton - its unlikely that this can be fixed for the Krypton branch at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU usage when kodi 17.1 window not visible0