v17 Kodi DVB-T2HD HEVC 5.1 Sound is stuttering
ive got problems with the new tv standard DVBT2 HEVC in Germany.
TV Shows with stereo 2.0 run smooth but tv shows with 5.1 Sound
the sound is stuttering. Im using a hdmi y-cable that links to
TV and Sony Receiver. In the audio settings in Kodi i chose at the top
"Sony Receiver HDMI" an 5.1 channels (did also try 2.0) and
at the bottom allow passthrough and also "Sony Receiver HDMI".
Im using mediaportal 16Final and kodi 17.1. Can i choose another
codec or switch off surround sound?! When i use jack plug instead of
hdmi cable, can i solve the problem then (okay i will not have
surround sound then anymore).

Kodi 17.1, Mediaportal 1.16 Final, Windows 10, i3 , Asrock110M, 8GB Ram
It seems to be a problem with the audio codecs. In mediaportal the sound runs smooth. Can i switch to other codecs?

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk
this is a test TV-recording with 5.1 Sound

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2sozmusyz6w06...FBnEa?dl=0

This is the Info to recorded DVBT2 HEVC Video:

General
ID : 4 (0x4)
Complete name : ...Fußball_ DFB-Pokal.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 59.9 MiB
Duration : 1 min 15 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 6 650 kb/s
Video
ID : 48 (0x30)
Menu ID : 137 (0x89)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : [email protected]@main
Codec ID : 36
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 50.000 FPS
Standard : Component
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 0)
Bit depth : 8 bits
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Audio #1
ID : 64 (0x40)
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
Muxing mode : LATM
Codec ID : 17
Bit rate mode : Variable
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz / 24.0 kHz
Frame rate : 23.438 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -222 ms
Language : German
Audio #2
ID : 65 (0x41)
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
Muxing mode : LATM
Codec ID : 17
Bit rate mode : Variable
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz / 24.0 kHz
Frame rate : 23.438 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -478 ms
Text
ID : 101 (0x65)-150
Format : Teletext Subtitle
Other
ID : 101 (0x65)-100
Format : Teletext

----

Please Help;-), that i can stop the stuttering sound. Also 2.0 Sound would be okay if it is proper...
Found your thread because I'm experiencing the same problem.
Well actually 2.0 audio streams don't seem to be an issue here, but 5.1 streams that are encoded it HE-AAC are causing this stuttering.

I'm mainly using Android devices but the problem seems to be the same as on windows clients.
Is that a known issue?

Edit:
I just downloaded ffmpeg-20170503-a75ef15-win64-static and even the videos with HE-AAC 5.1 audio play without any stuttering if you play them via ffplay.
So maybe it is possible to use a newer version of ffmpeg in kodi?
Yes, it would be great, if the developer could offer an KODi 17.1 build with the newest ffmpeg codecs. Please help:-)

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk
Same here. Have tried Kodi 17.1 and 18 nightly builds. 5.1 streams broadcasted over DVB-T2 in Germany since March 2017 create stutterung AV. All streams with 2.0 audio play smooth. Can some provide a how-to or link showing how to bundle/compile a new ffmpeg release to Kodi? A simple "This is impossible" from an experienced Kodi developer would also help.
Kodi 18 nightlies already have the latest version of ffmpeg, if you want someone to take a look at what's going on with these live tv streams then you'll need to post a debug log_file (wiki)
Also what broadcaster/channel is this?
(Nearly) Same problem here.

I have no Audio recording movies of the "ARD Station Group" in Germany with DVB-T2 (Codec H.265 / HEVC). That means: I can hear no Audio and there are no Audio streams (or Subtitle streams) available through Video Submenu while watching the movie.

At my Server you will find a demo of a ARD movie:
www.av-biz.net/download/kodidvbt2aac

At the link you will also find a KODI log of Recordings of ARD and ZDF Station Group. Movies of ZDF Station Group are fine! I put the logs side by side and at the ARD Log the row "Finding audio codec for:" is completly missing. Probably it is a audio codec problem: ARD Stations KODI Audio Info shows "AAC". ZDF Stations KODI Audio Info shows "DOLBY".

I have no problem at all watching ARD or ZDF movies with VLC Player. Playback of the example movie is perfect:
Audio1 = normal
Audio2 = Audio described movie
Subtitle stream

Problem with KODI and AAC exists since DVB-T2 started in Germany. I hope since summer 2016 that one day a KODI update will solve that Problem, but even KODI V18 "Leila" from 2017-09-26 have the same Problem.
Does anybody have a solution for watching recorded DVB-T2 movies of ARD Stations with KODI?

My Workaround: Recording PC with W10 (1703) Pro 64bit, Capturing with HAUPAUGE WinTV-quadHD, Editing with TS-Doctor V2.0.96. By the way: Until around June TS-Doctor have had Audio problems with ARD movies too. Since updating Recording PC to LAV V0.70.2 everything is fine with TS-Doctor.

"Special-Germany-Background":
In Germany we have 2 free TV public "Station Groups" (no DRM):
1. ARD Group (Das Erste, ONE, ARTE, Regional stations like NDR, WDR, BR etc.)
2. ZDF Group (ZDF, ZDFneo, Kika, 3Sat etc.)

Thanks for help!!!
Maybe a hint:
I told before since June 2017 TS Doctor have had the same Audio Problem and after LAVFilter Update to V0.70 everything is fine. At TS Doctor Forum the Software devolper said that it was a Problem with "AAC Program Config Elements" that would have been introduced with DVB-T2. Here is the link (unfortunatly in German):
https://cypheros.de/forum_ger2/index.php?topic=3953.0

Maybe it helps to find a solution . . .

Here a debug logfile:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25811640/

I started the movie and after a few seconds I have had a look at Audio streams at video Playback context menu (no Audio streams visible). Then I closed KODI.
Please try with v18 - we updated to ffmpeg 3.4 there.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sorry to say, but it is not working.

I deinstalled KODI 17.4 (32bit), kept Database, and I installed "KodiSetup-20171028-910143c0a5-master-x64.exe". I hope you mean that Version.

Still the same fault: No Audio streams audible or available during Playback. That happened to my provided movie (see Link above) and around 20 other recordings of ARD Stations that I have tested (my Archive of ARD Station movies is now around 300 and it is growing each day).

For "Urgent Cases" I found that solution:
Put file in "MKVToolnix-gui 64bit V17.exe (Portable) and wrap the movie in mkv. That MKV files will work fine with KODI.

For Folks who has the same Problem and are not so familiar with codecs:
MKVToolnix do NOT a Reencoding, just rewrapping. 2 hour movies took with a fast SSD around 1 Minute.

Many thanks to JMJ from DVDStyler Forum who gave me the hint to MKVToolnix, because these ARD Stations movies were not working with DVDStyler too.
My Problem for recorded movies is solved. I did a lot of testings with rewrapping to MKV (see Post above). It works stable. I did that rewrapping for my complete Archive with movies of ARD stations and new movies will be directly rewrapped after editing. Of course that is no solution for Live TV. Maybe it is easier to buy for 50 EUR a simple DVB-T2 Receiver . . .
Could you by chance switch the backend? Same issue with tvheadend or vdr vnsi?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sorry, but I don't think that I could help. I'm not using KODI for LiveTV or Recording. No DVB-T2 Cards are installed. I'm using KODI only as a "Movie Playback Tool" for recorded movies. My Workaround:

1. Recording DVB-T2 (H.265) Movies with a PC named "PC Recording" (W10) only installed "HAUPPAUGE WinTV quadHD" DVB-T2 Card and 512Gb SSD
2. Editing Recordings on same PC with "TS Doctor 2.0x"
3. Rewrapping on same  PC with "MKVToolnix GUI V18" (only recordings of ARD Stations, TS Streams of ZDF Group are fine)
4. Copy edit movie to different PC called "Media-Server" (W10) to desired folder
5. Scrap movie and everything is fine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DVB-T2HD HEVC 5.1 Sound is stuttering2