v17 Kodi DVB-T2HD HEVC 5.1 Sound is stuttering
I have the same problem here in Germany with ARTE recordings.

- recording DVB-T2(H.265) using Intel NUC6CAYH with LibreELEC 8.2.1 and Hauppauge WINTV soloHD DVB-T2 USB-Stick
- using tvheadend as backend
- editing recordings with TS Doctor 2.0x on Windows10 PC
- no problems playing edited recordings with VLC media player
I confirm that Playback of Recordings (HAUPPAUGE WinTV quadHD, W10Pro 64bit) of Broadcast Stations of "ARD-Group" (like ARTE, DasErste, WDR etc.) with VLC are no problems. It doesn't matter if edited with TSDoctor 2.0x or not. But it is a Problem with KODI 17.6 and a few V18 previews I had tested.

Only solution for KODI, I know, is rewrapping with MKVToolNix. 90 minutes movie takes with fast SSD about 20 seconds. But don't forget at MKVToolNix to switch "Default Track Flag" for Subtitles from "Automatic" to "No". Otherwise you have subtitles activated for playback. Leaving "Copy this item" at "Yes" is fine.
Kodi 18.0 Alpha 1 compiled Feb 4 2018: the DVB-T2 recordings with AAC multichannel audio from the "ARD-Group" play perfect. But Live TV of the same station do not provide any sound when multichannel is broadcasted. Kodi 16.3 Jarvis delivers stuttering sound from Live TV and as well from recordings.

Does the difference between Live TV and playback of a recorded TV  give an hints, how to solve theses problems? 

THX Mike
i can confirm the same in czech, today switched over to dvb-t2 card and tried several dvb-t2 hevc/aac and no sound on live stream, when i tried to record few minutes then i had no problem with sound ...
i'm usind dvbviewer recording services as a backend, no issue with live dvb-t2 in dvbviewer ...
using todays snapshot of kodi v18

maybe would be nice to have option to setup small buffer for live streams as it was in older kodi, v16 i'd say, that could solve this issue during live streams ...
Good to know, that this behaviour seems to be independent from the backend. We are using DVBLink Server. Does anybody have experience with other TV backends, regarding DVB-T2 and HE-AAC audio?  Mike
ps. i tried DSPlayer - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175 - modified Kodi and works well for me ...
so once we have more DVB-T2 channels in czech i'll switch over. currently testing on my laptop and trying to get all plugins working on DSPlayer what i'm used to have on HTPC ... like no shadertoy music visualization in dsplayer at the moment ...
I am using kodi on a android-tv together with DVBViewer Media Server and the DVBViewer PVR Kodi-Addon.

See the same problem with the ARD broadcast and the latest builds of Kodi 18.0. Recordings are working, but live tv without sound.

I have reported that to the developer of the Addon.

https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/22
Hi Guys,

I believe im seeing the same thing here using MediaPortal backend. No sound on certain channels:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322920

Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

Regards
Jacob
stil lthe same issue in v18 alpha1, can anyone else confirm?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DVB-T2HD HEVC 5.1 Sound is stuttering2