Anyway to install Kodi on Sony bdp s1500?
Its a blu ray player and it comes installed with netflix by default so im guessing it would be able to support Kodi..

Also is there any like secret developer menus or codes for it?

Thanks Smile
You need a industry standard Linux / Windows / Android flavoured Operating System (OS) to be able to install and run Kodi on any device.

Custom Operating Systems like Sony uses on its Bluray players and older, (non Android-TV) TV's will not be able to Install and run Kodi.

(2017-04-17, 05:49)wrxtasy Wrote: Custom Operating Systems like Sony uses on its Bluray players and older, (non Android-TV) TV's will not be able to Install and run Kodi.

Even if, annoyingly, under-the-bonnet they are heavily based on Android... My Sony UHD TV was the last generation before they started installing 'Android TV' on Sony sets, but if you look at the Open Source software pages on the Sony site you can see lots of "ICS" stuff (which I think stands for Ice Cream Sandwich - an early form of Android). On at least one occasion my TV has got very confused and displayed an Android volume control...

I'm not aware of anyone hacking their sets to a level which would allow this to be exploited meaningfully - and ICS is ancient now...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyway to install Kodi on Sony bdp s1500?0