Aeon and TV shows
I'm brand new to XBMC (having recently given up on Meedio after 6 years).

I'm trying to get my head around the menu system and how it relates to the sources I set up.

The default skins seem to have one menu item for Videos but Aeon has one for both TV and Movies. Can someone give me quick step-by-step instructions on how to get my tv shows to show up in tv shows and movies to show up in movies?

I set everything up in the default configuration and now all of my movies appear under "videos", though they are in seperate sections.

I appreciate your patience with this noob.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library

HTPC: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 3850, 1TB + 250 GB SATA Internal HDDs, External HDDs
Remote: Microsoft MCE2 USB Receiver and Remote, IR Server Suite

Yea, I've read all that but it's not clear to me how to seperate the TV shows from movies in the menu.

Part of my problem may be a lack of understanding of the terminology. When I read "library" it seems to mean different things.

Sometimes it seems to refer to the database list of media files that I have set up in XBMC (like tv shows and movies) and sometimes it seems to be a type of view, like when I choose "library" from the video menu.

If I start from scratch with XBMC and would like a separate menu item for TV and for movies, how would I best go about this?
Basil Fawlty Wrote:If I start from scratch with XBMC and would like a separate menu item for TV and for movies, how would I best go about this?

It sounds like you're using the PMIII skin (Where there is just a generic 'Videos' section on the home screen?

If so and you wish to continue using this skin someone else will have to help with splitting TV and Movie libraries (I haven't used this skin for a while).

Or you could try using a different skin (I recommend Aeon or MediaStream) that already has home screen links for TV and MOVIES.

For info on adding and using different skins see the XBMC Wiki.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Thanks!

I am using the PMIII theme. I'll give Aeon a try.

There's a caveat though. My home theater projector and kitchen touch screen are both 4:3. From what I've read, I don't think either of these themes support 4:3 anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon and TV shows0