• 5(current)
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)
I haven't had any issues with the wall since I switched to 720p.

And Rand, as a wise man would say, this skin is truly Scrumtrulescent.
I can't find a better word for it.
Thanks for the hard work.
sickboy719 Wrote:Scrumtrulescent.

Well I am assuming that is a good thing Wink Thanks.
My default skin + mod. Wonderful job, thanks x infinity!

If I had to offer constructive criticism;

1. Music "album" view is 100% opaque with the selected album zoomed, but Movies "tiled" view is opaque for selected and translucent for non-selected. This is kind of inconsistent, and I'd love to see 100% opaque + zoom for Movie covers, to better match the Music album view.

2. In Music "album" view, there's a tiny gap between the bottom of the album art and the transparent CD case when an album is selected (I can grab a screenshot if you don't know what I'm talking about). I know that technically there IS a gap just like that on "real" CDs, but it may look better without it.

But yeah, I love this mod and I'd be totally happy whether or not you take my suggestions Nod
Thanks for the kind words. Actually if you take a screencap of what you are talking about I might take a look at it. If fanart gets added to the skinning engine I will definitely be working on this mod again Wink
It's more obvious on some color combinations than others. Yeah, in real life this is how it would look because CD inserts have to be slightly smaller than the jewel case to fit, but for xbmc purposes, it might look better without that gap.

What the heck, here's another idea just since I thought of it... The CD jewel case looks great, but there's not an exact equivalent for Movie posters. Below is a DVD cover with an embossed edge (original on left).

Although now that I look at it, the frosted glass border that you have in your posterwall view looks really great too. So glass border + zoom for selected items in "tiled" views for both Movies and Music (without clear jewel case) would look dang good.

Wow, I guess this is why I'm not a skinner - there are too many possibilities!!!
Ahh, I see what you mean about the cd cases. I will have a look at that when i get a chance. I don't really know how it would look to add glass to the tiled views but I might give it a try just to see. Don't expect anything real soon. If it happens it will probably be after there is some sort of fanart support so I can kill two birds with one stone. Cheers.
It looks to me (without looking at the code or trying it for myself, so feel free to tell me to shut up when I'm wrong...) like it's just a matter of the CD cover images trying to retain their aspect ratio. I'll bet that stretching the cd image to fit won't mess up the look of the image at all, since it'll only be a few pixels.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Don't expect anything real soon.

Like I said, it's probably my default either way. Heck, it must be good; Aeon hasn't been changed in a while, no one other than yourself has made a mod, and NOBODY is nagging for updates!Nod

NS
Well I am a bit of a perfectionist so I do thank you for pointing it out Wink I am glad you like the mod as well. I hope others are getting some use out of it too. I did it mainly because these are the views that I liked.

@jaredharley
you may very well be right. I will have to look at the code and see if I have an aspect=keep in there somewhere.
Rand,
Any updates?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
No updates yet, I'm waiting for fanart support before I start changing things again. I'm thinking we won't need the banners to fade in anymore if we have fullscreen fanart for each tv show. However, it might be nice to have the show name appear somewhere as it is currently only displayed on the banners. Hmmm. I will mull it over for a while and see what happens. After fanart support makes it into the trunk expect that plus some bug fixes and maybe a few more bells and whistles. Cheers.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:The watched/unwatched button now appears in movies AND in tvshows only at the episode level. I was planning on having it available at the season level as well but it seems that even if all the episodes in a season have been marked as watched the season still shows up. If there is a work around I would be willing to add that.

http://rapidshare.com/files/96002921/aeo...1.rar.html

Hi Rand Al Thor great mod of the AEON skin. Quick question for you, should I be seeing any notification when selection a TV episode or Movie as Watched/Unwatched?
ie; like the checkmark in XTV or PMIII?

BTW: just a quick tip for anyone using AEON skin "Home Page shortcuts". If you want a link to Music Videos library, create a source in Video files (ie; Music Videos) and use the location videodb://3/2/ (videodb:// = library, 3 = Music Videos, 2 = Title) I associated to CLIPS Home Page shortcut in the AEON setup page (ie; Music Videos) - the name in AEON setup page must match the source in Video files exactly
Hey, thanks for the kind words. In answer to your question, no there are no check marks. I might consider adding checkmarks at some point in the future though. hmm. so much to do and so little time Wink
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Hey, thanks for the kind words. In answer to your question, no there are no check marks. I might consider adding checkmarks at some point in the future though. hmm. so much to do and so little time Wink

Just add an image with an infolabel of ListItem.Overlay into the control. Its actually really quick and easy to do if you just use the default checkmark. Its when you want a custom image that it becomes a PITA Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)0