Fire TV
anyone know how to get the ios remote app working with kodi 17.1 on the Amazon Fire box?
I had this problem forever. My Fire TV is hardwired to my network and the iPhone is of course wireless. What I discovered was that the IP & MAC address that was coming out of Kodi's "system info" was the Fire TV's wireless addresses. If you go into the "Device->About->Network" setting for the actual Fire TV box you will see the Ethernet addresses, once I used those everything worked. You will still need to use ports 8080 & 9090 and the default username "kodi".
(2017-08-26, 07:07)theslylion Wrote: I had this problem forever. My Fire TV is hardwired to my network and the iPhone is of course wireless. What I discovered was that the IP & MAC address that was coming out of Kodi's "system info" was the Fire TV's wireless addresses. If you go into the "Device->About->Network" setting for the actual Fire TV box you will see the Ethernet addresses, once I used those everything worked. You will still need to use ports 8080 & 9090 and the default username "kodi".

I did all that and it didn't work for me so annoyed!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV0