Cant Decide Which Box To Get
Hello All

I am new here, so pardon the questions.
Been looking into Kodi the past 2 days and after speaking to numerous people, i have decided to invest in either a Nvidia Shield or Amazon Fire TV 2.
Unfortunately i cannot decide which to get, therefore i want to get fellow members opinions, as to which box would be better.
I only intend to use the box for Kodi media streaming, i have no interest in gaming.
Seen the videos to install Kodi on the Fire TV, which seems ok.
So any help would be appreciated.
Thank you all.
(2017-04-17, 16:31)jitla7 Wrote: I only intend to use the box for Kodi media streaming, i have no interest in gaming.
In that case the Android OS itself will only get in the way when all you want to use is a no nonsense Kodi Box.

Simply use a AMLogic S905 Box to run LibreELEC Kodi, preferably with a quality Wireless remote. There are any number of devices to choose from.
You can even flash LibreELEC Kodi to internal eMMC Flash storage.
If you want excellent WiFi and Gigabit Ethernet the S905 - WeTek Hub / Play2 or the MINIX U1 are excellent choices.

Some points to contemplate for proper Kodi usage:

- The FireTV's cannot Hardware decode 10bit HEVC content at all, not even 1080p 10bit HEVC. This will limit Kodi video playback right now and going forward into the future.
- The nVIDIA Shield cannot Auto Resolution switch 1080p<<---->>2160p(4K)
- Android Kodi & PVR's and deinterlacing is broken.
- If using a NVIDIA Shield do not even think about using HDMI 1.4 <<-->> HDMI 2.0, mixed mode AVR / 4K TV equiptment otherwise expect trouble.

Depends on what you want out of a device.

But if it's down to those 2, then the Shield.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant Decide Which Box To Get0