NEXTPVR Is Buggy and Don't work Properly
TO the developer of NEXTPVR,can you please fix this so it works properly,

What do you lot think..??

I am so sick of it,and my parter is too,she would like the dam TV to work properly and not to pause a program for 15 mins to come back and play and not freeze kodi.( I am getting a lot of flack from her)

This needs sorting.

Just look in the video folder and you will see it got video after video of live TV ...I was on Channel 5 and its has 12 live tv videos for channel 5 WHY and 3 for ITV...WHY its breaking up the video so if you try to skip back you only go so far as the video goes,it don't jump to the next video,thats why it freezes live TV,it should record in one file,it would make it easier to skip back and forward or pause,it wouldn't lost its place..
AVer Media DVB-T USB2.0 X2 ( 2 Tuners) and MXQ PRO G9CX(for TV only) With Kodi 17.1 Krypton running Windows Media Center and ServerWMC on Windows 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.138.

I love Kodi,been using it for years when it was called Xbox Media Center (XBMC),I still have it on my Xbox Original.I still have the first version on it.

Kodi is "Helpful" in a lot of ways..:)
2.1 General conduct
  • Be civil.
  • Polite language is required.
  • Respect the coding efforts of Kodi devs and other coders. Calling a program or add-on “worthless” will be automatically deemed as disrespect.
  • Respect the efforts of the forum moderators and those answering questions or writing guides. They are working for free in a fairly thankless job.
  • Make an effort to read any sticky threads in the forum you're posting in, along with FAQs and Online Manuals.
  • Be patient. Kodi's user base is global and there are many more forum users asking questions than writing answers. Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your own post unless you have new information to add.

i'll let @sub3 decide if he has any interest in assisting you.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Sorry just sick of this addon not working properly.

Sorry If I a fended anyone,I didn't mean too.Will not happen again.
AVer Media DVB-T USB2.0 X2 ( 2 Tuners) and MXQ PRO G9CX(for TV only) With Kodi 17.1 Krypton running Windows Media Center and ServerWMC on Windows 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.138.

I love Kodi,been using it for years when it was called Xbox Media Center (XBMC),I still have it on my Xbox Original.I still have the first version on it.

Sorry I have a habit of saying thing the way they are,I say the truth even if it hurts,cos I have Autism and say things and it just comes out,so sorry it will not happen again.

Has anyone know why NEXTPVR freezes Kodi,if you pause live TV for more 15 mins,well I tested it yesterday and its less than that,I paused it for 5 mins and its still does it,what happens is you pause it then come back and play it,it plays for about a minute then stop live TV and you can't rewind or fast forward and if you press stop Kodi freezes than you have to force close it in Settings/Apps...?

Any Ideas..?

If nextpvr is cutting the recording into pieces it sounds like a reception problem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-04-20, 14:36)spannernick1 Wrote: Has anyone know why NEXTPVR freezes Kodi,if you pause live TV for more 15 mins,well I tested it yesterday and its less than that,I paused it for 5 mins and its still does it,what happens is you pause it then come back and play it,it plays for about a minute then stop live TV and you can't rewind or fast forward and if you press stop Kodi freezes than you have to force close it in Settings/Apps...?

Any Ideas..?
You can't delete the beginning of a file, so to create a buffer covering the last 20 minutes or so (without having to keep all the video since you started live tv), the app creates a series of small buffer files, each covering about 5 minutes, and it deletes the oldest one when it's no longer required. ie, effectively giving you a moving window of the last 20 minutes or so of tv.

Kodi isn't aware of there being multiple files. It just asks for the stream and the streaming server automatically switches to the appropriate file as it streams. Kodi used to be better at skipping in live tv with NextPVR, but it got broken with recent versions of Kodi. Kodi v18 introduces a new model for skipping in live tv, and the NextPVR addon has not yet been updated to support this.

That is only live tv though. For playback of recordings, there is only the single file on disk, and skipping etc works fine there.
Yes recoding is fine no problem, I used 16 and 17.1 and live TV dose the same, I have had live TV on from 1.30.pm to now, Watching the news now on ITV and Next pvr is ok, been playing continuously fine but if I pause it to make a cup of tea and then come back and press play it will play but maybe stop or not it depends on how long you pause it.

Thanks for posting, I guest it was Kodi doing it with all the changes it has..Smile

If I want to watch a program I could record it then play the recording then will not have the live pause problem..Wink

Hey Sub,

It's funny you mentioned this. I've been meaning to find out why Kodi (16.1) does certain things. I have to delete all of these Mpeg 2 TS files from a "TEMP" directory on my C-drive pretty often. If I don't, the hard drive will get filled up and run out of hard drive space fast. About 50 gigs worth of videos... These files are about always 6:40 in length? It sounds like what you described but should it be taking up that much space? Also Is it normal for nextpvr to crashing randomly when watching live tv?

I just upgraded to Krypton and I've noticed that it doesn't crashed as often. Any ideas?
(2017-05-01, 03:39)homietheclown Wrote: It's funny you mentioned this. I've been meaning to find out why Kodi (16.1) does certain things. I have to delete all of these Mpeg 2 TS files from a "TEMP" directory on my C-drive pretty often. If I don't, the hard drive will get filled up and run out of hard drive space fast. About 50 gigs worth of videos... These files are about always 6:40 in length? It sounds like what you described but should it be taking up that much space?
Normally when streaming to Kodi it'd have about 5-6 segment files, covering approximately the last 20-30 minutes of TV. How big this is on disk will vary depending on the bitrate of the channels you're watching, but it wouldn't be 50GB. When you stop live these files are deleted.

If you delete the files in this directory, then start live tv, is the behavior I describe what you're seeing? Does it ever get to more than 6 files? Do they get deleted when you stop live tv or close Kodi?
Quote:Also Is it normal for nextpvr to crashing randomly when watching live tv?
No, that's not normal. Is this when you're watching live TV in NextPVR itself, or Kodi?
I found out that NextPVR has a timeshift problem with Kodi ,got so sick of it doing it now using Server WMC and that works fine.So all ok now.

(2017-05-01, 03:39)homietheclown Wrote: Hey Sub,

It's funny you mentioned this. I've been meaning to find out why Kodi (16.1) does certain things. I have to delete all of these Mpeg 2 TS files from a "TEMP" directory on my C-drive pretty often. If I don't, the hard drive will get filled up and run out of hard drive space fast. About 50 gigs worth of videos... These files are about always 6:40 in length? It sounds like what you described but should it be taking up that much space? Also Is it normal for nextpvr to crashing randomly when watching live tv?

I just upgraded to Krypton and I've noticed that it doesn't crashed as often. Any ideas?

It crashes all the time when I was using it,it did it today and that was it for me,so using ServerWMC now,Do me a favor and look at the time when using timeshift,pause it for 2 minutes and tell me if it jumps them 2 minutes when you press play,if it does there's your problem of why its crashing..?

Thumbs Up 
(2017-05-03, 01:26)spannernick1 Wrote:
(2017-05-01, 03:39)homietheclown Wrote:

It crashes all the time when I was using it,it did it today and that was it for me,so using ServerWMC now,Do me a favor and look at the time when using timeshift,pause it for 2 minutes and tell me if it jumps them 2 minutes when you press play,if it does there's your problem of why its crashing..?

Yeah I admit that I've heard in the past about timeshift causing Kodi to crash pretty often.

Sub,

You mentioned that it should be making 5-6 files or so? This temp directory will fill up with 40+ files until it runs out of space (50 gigs). I just upgraded to Krypton 17.1 and I'm thinking maybe I should just start form scratch. My other problem is when I start Kodi, Kodi will crash almost instantly while the EPG data is loading. That's new. If I keep opening up Kodi (7-8 times?) eventually it won't crash. I tried looking at the crash log but I was clueless. Thanks for taking the time
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-03, 21:32)homietheclown Wrote: You mentioned that it should be making 5-6 files or so? This temp directory will fill up with 40+ files until it runs out of space (50 gigs).
So if you delete the files from the temp directory, and start live tv, and just leave it on that channel, does it create more than 6 files? (or is it some more complicated scenario, requiring channel changes etc)

Basically I'm trying to determine the simplest scenario to reproduce this situation, which should help find the cause and fix it.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to reproduce your problem, but was unable to, so I'm now relying on your to do some of the leg work to help me diagnose why you're getting these files.
Thumbs Up 
Ok sir,

Pardon the late reply. I did some leg work which took some time. Ok first, it does produce 5 or 6 TS video files that are about 6:40 minutes each that are around 600-700 MB each. When I stop the channel they generally get deleted. I didn't know that. However many times they don't get deleted after stopping live tv (stopping the feed). In the temp directory, intead of just having 5-6 files it will continue making files. For example, this morning I got up to watch the news for a few minutes. After I stopped watching, the temp directory is filling up the folder now as I type this with the same channel making TS files.SCREENSHOT

So basically instead of deleting those 5 or 6 files when you stop watching a channel, it will continue on and make more files of that previously closed channel. Make sense? Instead of wasting your time, Perhaps I should just uninstall Kodi and reinstall. I'm just afraid to do so because I'm going to lose my channel lineup in my N***PVR epg guide.

UPDATE EDIT: A couple of hours have gone by and it's still making these files even though I am not using Kodi at all. What's funnny is I closed Kodi (running Window 7) and for some reason something is still making these TS files in the temp
directory even though Kodi is closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEXTPVR Is Buggy and Don't work Properly1