ERROR:Unable to create application.Exiting
hi, i use kodi for a long time but recently i made a format on my pc (reinstalled windows) and deleted everything.
i tryed to reinstall kodi but this message {ERROR:Unable to create application.Exiting} always pops. i tryed to delete the profile.xml but still doesnt work.
also uninstalled everything plus the hidden folders from appdata but still.
i am using the kodi-17.1-Krypton downloaded from this site.

Help
Hello,

You will need to create an Advanced Debug Log as detailed here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug-log

The debug log records all the operations Kodi performs while starting and running. When it crashes, it will record right up to the crash. Then some of the geniuses here can read the log and figure out why it crashed right at that point and how to fix.

Providing the debug log is the only first step to solve the problem.

Let us know if you have any problems with it.
So i cant use the Log file/Easy because i cant open kodi so i am going for advanced but i am kidna lost in here..
Ok, try this alternate guide. It may be a little bit easier for you to follow...

How to create advancedsettings.xml Debug Log

1. Why do I need to do this
You have asked for assistance on the Kodi Forum, most likely because you are unable to start Kodi. This is a guide to set Debugging to ON by either modifying or creating a file named advancedsettings.xml
This guide is applicable to Kodi installations being run under Microsoft Windows.

2. Where do I find advancedsettings.xml
If you downloaded Kodi from this site and manually ran the installer, you will find it here...
C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

If you downloaded Kodi from the Microsoft Store, you will find it here...
C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

3. Once you have located the file, perform the following...
  1. Right-click the file and select Edit
  2. Insert the following code into the file by copying and pasting
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
        <loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
    </advancedsettings>
  3. Save the file and close

4. Wait, I can't find the file
Ok, you will need to create the advancedsettings.xml file by following these simple steps.
  1. Ensure you are still in the directory described in Step 2
  2. Right-click on a blank area in the directory
  3. Select New, then select Text Document
  4. When Notepad opens with a blank page, copy the code as described in Step 3
  5. Save the file as advancedsettings.xml
  6. Close the file
  7. Check the extension of the file. It MUST BE .xml Ensure it is not something like .xml.txt or .xml.doc.
If you cannot see the extension then...
  1. click the start button and type File Extensions
  2. Select Show or Hide File Extensions
  3. Enable Show hidden files, folders and drives
  4. Remove the tick from Hide extensions for known file types
  5. Press Ok

5. Now What?
Try starting Kodi. It should still fail to start. Hopefully, though, it has recorded why it has failed to start in a file named Kodi.log Once you upload the results, a helpful member of the community may be able to assist you.

6. Upload the results
The log file is named kodi.log and it is located in the Kodi directory described in Step 2 above. It is one level above the \userdata directory in which you modified the advancedsettings.xml file
You must locate this log file and copy it's contents to a pastebin type site as follows:
  1. Navigate to the \kodi directory as described in Step 2, and locate the file named kodi.log
  2. Open the file with Notepad and copy all the contents of the document
  3. Locate a Pastebin type site. Two examples are https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/
  4. Paste the contents of the kodi.log file
  5. Press Paste or Generate
  6. When the screen refreshes with your paste, copy the entire address in the address bar and paste it into a new message in your thread

7. What now?
Hopefully a helpful community member or Kodi team-member will review your log file and provide suggestions to rectify the problem.
Thank you, i think i did it!

https://pastebin.com/drJJtWPL
Yes, that is it.

I have had a quick look, but it is not something I can help you with. I think it has something to do with your audio settings.

Hopefully another more knowledgeable member can help.
Looks like none helps..
Same problem here. Started with the W10 Creators Update.

Happens on both versions Desktop and App.

Any ideas anyone?

(Will add my ADL later)

Thank you all very much!
(2017-04-19, 19:49)nemo_gr Wrote: Looks like none helps..
You've got some odd device DIRECTSOUND: Ψηφιακή έξοδος (C-Media PCI Audio Device) you don't get to the splash page with this error FATAL: CApplication::Create: Failed to start the AudioEngine. Either the drivers are not comparable, or something is amiss in the audio section wondering if you could try without this device.
(2017-04-21, 03:13)Foley76 Wrote: Same problem here. Started with the W10 Creators Update.

Happens on both versions Desktop and App.

Any ideas anyone?

(Will add my ADL later)

Thank you all very much!

@Foley76 Proper debug log would go a long way to clearing this up. log (wiki)
Hello!

Here is the log:

https://pastebin.com/8g2NLXhr

Please kindly note, that all worked fine with extact the same configuration, before updating to the Creators Update.

Hope someone can help!

Thank you very much in advance!
(2017-04-21, 18:34)Foley76 Wrote: Hello!

Here is the log:

Please kindly note, that all worked fine with extact the same configuration, before updating to the Creators Update.

Hope someone can help!

This stands out in your log...

346.18:26:57.640 T:3248 DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - DIRECTSOUND Initialized:
347.18:26:57.640 T:3248 DEBUG: Output Device : Device not found
358.18:27:02.174 T:9044 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Failed to start the AudioEngine

Try adjusting your audio settings. Maybe use WASAPI instead.
I feel like an absolute beginner right now, which I thougt I am not....

Can you tell me how to handle that?

Every other software which uses sound still works fine. :-(
deleted...

Incorrect information
(2017-04-21, 22:55)blossom24 Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 18:34)Foley76 Wrote: Hello!

Here is the log:

Hope someone can help!

This stands out in your log...

346.18:26:57.640 T:3248 DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - DIRECTSOUND Initialized:
347.18:26:57.640 T:3248 DEBUG: Output Device : Device not found
358.18:27:02.174 T:9044 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Failed to start the AudioEngine

Try adjusting your audio settings. Maybe use WASAPI instead.

As does this Wink

18:26:35.563 T:9044 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in superrepo.kodi.isengard.all has been installed.'
18:26:35.589 T:9044 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.isengard.all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR:Unable to create application.Exiting0