Kodi 17.1 and the Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
Hi!

I am on a Windows 7 Pro machine, running Kodi 17.1 (on a Panasonic TV).

Until now, with Kodi 15 and 16, my USB-CEC Adapter worked flawlessly. I could use my TV's remote to control Kodi + the volume and even turn off the whole system after watching TV.

After updating to Kodi 17.1 (which also included a lot of Windows Upgrades, because Kodi 17.1 wouldn't install otherwise), all of the sudden, the USB-CEC Adapter is no longer recognized by Kodi. The pop-up that used to appear doesn't show up, the USB-CEC Adapter doesn't show up in Input-Peripherals, and of course, nothing happens, when I try to control Kodi with the remote.

The only thing that happens is the typical "USB device unplugged" sound if I unplug it and the "USB device plugged in" sound, if I plug it in again.

What can I do?

Thanks!
A little help?
This might be considered more of a hardware issue than one of windows, considering your post has been up for a while without a lot of attention, I'll move the thread along to Hardware/Peripherals hopefully someone with this device will be able to assist. CEC (wiki) this might have some influence on your issue FTW: CEC uses the remote.xml keymap, so using that XML file will allow you to customize most buttons. You can also use the debug log to see what the buttons are named for that keymap file. See Keymap (wiki) for more information. Looking over this, you are not alone http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293275

Settings for your CEC devices can be found in:

System -> Settings -> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter

Quote:http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2555412
Cross your fingers.

http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/faq
So... I was to solve this with many emails back and forth between me and the support of Pulse 8.

Solution was to put a different version of the LIB-CEC library into the Kodi program folder, as the one there seems to have been buggy or something.
(2017-09-01, 17:45)annomatik Wrote: So... I was to solve this with many emails back and forth between me and the support of Pulse 8.

Solution was to put a different version of the LIB-CEC library into the Kodi program folder, as the one there seems to have been buggy or something.
Same problem - can you please share the folder? I've looked for an equivalent in Kodi 16 and 17, but can't find the correct folder! Thank you Smile
(2017-12-07, 00:10)pensionday Wrote:
(2017-09-01, 17:45)annomatik Wrote: So... I was to solve this with many emails back and forth between me and the support of Pulse 8.

Same problem - can you please share the folder? I've looked for an equivalent in Kodi 16 and 17, but can't find the correct folder! Thank you Smile  
 Hi all, I'm new here but here's what I did to get the Pulse Eight CEC adapter working with Kodi 17.6. I downloaded an older version of Kodi (17.0) then installed it on an old laptop, opened the "Program Files (x86)" on the C:drive, opened the "Kodi" folder, opened the "system" folder and copied the "peripherals.xml" file. Went to the new computer with Kodi 17.6, went to the computer C:drive, opened the "programs (x86)" folder, opened "Kodi" folder, opened "system" folder and replaced the "peripherals.xml" file with the older version copied from Kodi 17.0. (actually I just first renamed the 17.6 peripherals.xml file to Xperipherals.xml and then pasted the old 17.0 peripherals.xml file there). Also, in the "System" settings in Kodi, I opened "Input" then "peripherals" then "cec adapter" and set the "HDMI port" to the one I connected it to on the TV. My TV also has settings to select (HDMI-CEC) devices. I selected "Kodi" in there. Your TV may differ. One small issue is, that when I go back to Kodi(PC attached to TV) from using other apps on the TV, I have to select Kodi again in my TV's HDMI-CEC settings. Anyways, I hope this helps someone. Thanks, Cherokee.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 and the Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter0