Solved unwanted fast forward issue
Hi!

I have a issue with Kodi and I hope someone here can help me. This is my first entry in this forum, if I fail in presenting the issue let me now, I am happy to learn.

Description of the problem:
There are multiple specific movie titles I have, that seem to have some sort of breaking points. Whenever such a moment (always the same) is reached, the movie seems to fast forward a couple of minutes and resumes as normal. I do not have this Issue in my Windows version of Kodi watching the same file, which is why I believe there is something wrong with either my Linux OS or Kodi on Linux and not the movies themselves. The Example movie that I used for the Log file is Rouge One and the first "breaking point" is just a couple of seconds in.

Video Codecs and Containers:
I am not sure what that means, I guess it means what type of file I have a problem with, if so:
All of the specific titles i encountered this issue so far are ripped Blue rays (legally).
I found an Info file within that labels this "type" BD-ROM
The files in the "stream" folder within the "BDMV" folder have ".m2ts" endings
If you need more information here please let me know.

Debug Log:
https://pastebin.com/4uxubses

No Addons Installed (Movies are offline on my Hard drives)
Standard Skin used (Confluence)

My Hardware:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960 MSI
CPU: Intel i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Linux OS: Linux Mint XFCE 18.1 using i3wm
Architecture: x86_64

Install method of Kodi:
sudo apt-get install kodi

GIT:
Kodi 15.2 GIT: (unknown) (Compiled: 15.2 + dfsg1-3ubutnu1)

Thanks for anyone taking the time trying to help.

Best Regards
Kutusow
Hi mate,

I dont think you installed kodi via the offical PPA that could be your problem.

you need to use

sudo apt install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install kodi

You may want to remove the old version first "sudo apt remove kodi kodi-bin"

That should install the latest stable version but before you do that be sure you want to upgrade versions if i recall 15.2 had a few problems with m2ts files (hardware dependant but you can try a search on the forum).
Derek thank you!

I assumed I should go with the Version of Kodi provided by Linux Mint. Wrong assumption, thanks again!
Is there a way/need to flag this post as "solved"?
Yes just edit the first post in this thread and select the solved option in the pulldown menu before subject; then save your post.

Glad your all working Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unwanted fast forward issue0