• 30(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
You can try the following branch, this may rule my theory in/out

https://github.com/fuzzard/xbmc/tree/atv_python3

That branch is based off kodi's feature_python3 branch with all the atv work from our main branch. It uses py3 for everything, so if there is a clash with py2/3, in theory it wont matter in this branch.

Easiest to clone into a new folder, and clear out anything in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/
That will give best chance of no clashes i think
oh yeah, i hope this goes without saying, but this is MAJOR WIP status on the python3 stuff. Do NOT expect the bulk of addons to work for many reasons (addons not py3 ready, using PIL, anything inputstream, and a myriad of other things).
That also means PVR stuff is currently not working, right? I am testing Alpha 1 and the PVP clients don't show up in the Kodiaddons repo. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Anyway, I want to say a huuuge thanks to all the people involved in making the new Kodi run on new ATV devices!
No, thats incorrect. Most Binary addons are functional. The few that arent have openssl as a dependency, and no upstream changes have been done regarding that.

If your getting some packaged deb from another source, they are building it wrong. Also, there is no release, so anyone flogging off a package, you'll have to go ask them to fix their stuff.
(2019-08-30, 10:15)Fuzzard Wrote: oh yeah, i hope this goes without saying, but this is MAJOR WIP status on the python3 stuff. Do NOT expect the bulk of addons to work for many reasons (addons not py3 ready, using PIL, anything inputstream, and a myriad of other things).

Do you already know whether the first public release will still support python 2 addons?
it will follow what kodi does. If the team merges the py3 feature_branch, tvos will use py3 exclusively as well.
Finally was able to compile this myself and it works great so I wanted to say thank you to all of you!

Just curious is the HDR and auto frame switching in the works at the moment and if not is it something I could port myself from MRMC? This is the last feature I need before I will just use Kodi 19 exclusively.
Its on the long list of things to do.

Wasnt overly difficult to port the mrmc refresh rate changes over, but its not appropriate for state of current kodi codebase, so has to be reworked a fair bit for what we are wanting to do.
(2019-08-30, 10:13)Fuzzard Wrote: You can try the following branch, this may rule my theory in/out

https://github.com/fuzzard/xbmc/tree/atv_python3

That branch is based off kodi's feature_python3 branch with all the atv work from our main branch. It uses py3 for everything, so if there is a clash with py2/3, in theory it wont matter in this branch.

Easiest to clone into a new folder, and clear out anything in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/
That will give best chance of no clashes I think
Sorry for the late reply, just saw this. Tried it and no luck.

Here's the errors https://paste.kodi.tv/irenedimon
Yeah sorry, i wont be installing Catalina until full release, so wont be able to assist much further at this point.

I guess, from here its best for people to know catalina/tvos 13 are non functioning, if you want to compile, you will need xcode 10, OSx 10.14, tvos 12.4 as the recommended setup.
(2019-09-06, 07:43)Fuzzard Wrote: I guess, from here its best for people to know catalina/tvos 13 are non functioning, if you want to compile, you will need xcode 10, OSx 10.14, tvos 12.4 as the recommended setup.
i needed to use xcode 10.3 to be able to push Kodi 17.6 to Apple TV 4k with 12.4 tvos. Was getting the message
"Could not locate device support files.
This Apple TV 4k is running tvOS 12.4 (16M568), which may not be supported by this version of Xcode".

But I did try to send app to my atv, but it was not working. With Xcode 10.3 it does works.  Das compiling of this tvos build works with High Sierra (10.13.4) and Xcode 10.3?

Also thanks for trying to get latest Kodi with tvOS.
Yes, it should work on High Sierra and Xcode 10.3.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-09-08, 23:09)phunkyfish Wrote: Yes, it should work on High Sierra and Xcode 10.3.
Somehow there is no sdk with my High Sierra installation, where I installed 10.1 over developers.account.com then updated to 10.3 also offline over developers.....

Are you guys on "mojave" with 10.3 Xcode?

PS: never compiled Kodi or XBMC before for tvOS. I was just following wiki linked here before, were the dependencies need to be satisfied.
There is always an SDK installed. It's part of Xcode. 

When we started we were running High Sierra and Xcode 10.2 I think. Now Mojave and XCode 10.2.

What error are you seeing?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-09-12, 08:43)phunkyfish Wrote: There is always an SDK installed. It's part of Xcode. 

When we started we were running High Sierra and Xcode 10.2 I think. Now Mojave and XCode 10.2.

What error are you seeing?
I can try in a new VM to install Mojave and XCode 10.2

Regarding error i get this, somehow I did not saved whole log, and i am currently not near the PC where High Sierra is running in VM
Code:
https://paste.kodi.tv/egoxiyofeb
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3