• 39(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
(2020-11-15, 06:02)bigjpayne90 Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 22:52)sasagr Wrote: I tried once more and after adding the credentials for authentication I get error software caused connection abort. Never had samba connection issues with this server with any other Kodi version

Try playing with the minimum/maximum smb client protocol. https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/SMB_Client

I had the same issue with my server when I upgraded from 17.6 to 19.

YES! it worked. Thanks
I really think this is a great addition to the Kodi h/w family and thank everyone involved for all work in getting it here.  I do have a few questions

1. Why are logs here outside of Kodi

2020-12-07 14:39:07.167 T:10140    INFO <general>: Log File is located: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/kodi.log

and not

2020-12-07 14:39:07.164 T:10140    INFO <general>: special://temp/ is mapped to: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/temp

2.  Is trace level logging the default?  I can't find an advancedsettting.xml that turns this on.

2020-12-07 14:39:07.449 T:10140    INFO <general>: Log level changed to "TRACE"

3.  I use a BT keyboard and I don't see the number keys in PVR  (I use these to change channels) is that platform specific?  I don't see any keyboard handing in the debug logs

Thanks again for a nice app.

Martin
1. Guessing you use a jailbreak?

The following does the log location
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/2d993a...#L331-L336

which leads to

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/2d993a...ils.mm#L37

No real desire/need to change from what Memphiz used originally really.

2. Did you use a nightly, or a release?

Nightlies enable debug by default (as well as when its built with debug config by users which is the default). Actual releases should set to normal
Thanks for getting back to me.

1.  Yes, no real problem with the location it just seemed like an odd spot when I was trying to find it.  I will see if the log uploader finds it.

2.  It was  beta2 org.xbmc.kodi-tvos_19.0-0~b2-tvos.deb  I typically turn it on anyway, just found it odd hardcoded.  Main reason for looking is to see if I can get key presses to register for my other question.

Martin
(2020-12-08, 03:18)emveepee Wrote: 3.  I use a BT keyboard and I don't see the number keys in PVR  (I use these to change channels) is that platform specific?  I don't see any keyboard handing in the debug logs
If I remember correctly, last time I checked and tried, the BT keyboard numbers worked on iOS but not on tvOS, like a bug with the API on tvOS... but I don't remember which API function it was.
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
OK good to know.  Numbers do work in the input dialogs when it looks like an API entry dialog opens.  Channel numbers are very useful in Live TV it would be nice if there was an alternative to paging.

There is also a version check error on startup.  The installed version installed 0.5.11-matrix-1 is different then master.

Code:
2020-12-08 08:07:37.809 T:100694   DEBUG <general>: ADDONS: update check: addonID = service.xbmc.versioncheck / Origin = b6a50484-93a0-4afb-a01c-8d17e059feda / Version = 0.5.11+matrix.1

Martin
Completely agree with you! I will try to check again in some weeks if nobody look at it.
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
I checked the nightly deb file and it is has the correct version check.  I installed it and it still give me the version check error?

Martin
(2020-12-08, 15:15)sy6sy2 Wrote: Completely agree with you! I will try to check again in some weeks if nobody look at it.
The issue is bigger thank just the numper key.  On many screens Menus is not enter and the X key from BT does not stop back.  I listen to PVR radio a lot and the only way to stop is to leave Kodi. I also can't hit enter on the screen to turn on visualization so I end up with a totally blank Estruary screen after just a few seconds so I don't know what playing etc.

Martin
Yes, a lot of keyboard control isn't working with Kodi on tvOS ATM. You only have the arrow keys, enter key and maybe ESC or something like that to go back in a menu.
But the Siri remote works ;-)
Even with the Siri remote I see the same symptoms with music.  There is no Enter, clicking (long/short) on the screen does nothing, so I can't activate Visualization or stop and Menu takes me out with music in background.  I have to exit or start TV which does stop with the Menu key.

Martin
Did you try to fix your issue with a custom keymap?
Since there is no logging of key presses in the TRACE level logging I don't know how to go about that.   userdata/keymaps is empty too so I don't know what to change and what the defaults are.

I found customcontroller.SiriRemote.xml and editing that I can do what I want, added a Visualization and can select with with a blank screen  Thanks for pointing me in the correct directionn

Martin
Perfect if your problem is solved thanks to the sirirmote keymap ;-)
The tvOS wiki section needs a full update... I started working on it but I need more time to continue, maybe in 2021 :-P
Partially solved.  I still need to see if the BT keyboard can work.  Is there a difference between these.  The notes says they are logged to /var/log/syslog but nothing there or in /private/var/log.

<!-- up       -->      <button id="1">Up</button>
      <!-- down      -->      <button id="2">Down</button>
      <!-- left       -->      <button id="3">Left</button>
      <!-- right      -->      <button id="4">Right</button>

<!-- swipe up -->        <button id="8">Up</button>
      <!-- swipe down -->      <button id="9">Down</button>
      <!-- swipe left -->      <button id="10">Left</button>
      <!-- swipe right -->     <button id="11">Right</button>

Martin
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3