• 40(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
BT keyboard will not fully works, even with a correct keymaps :-(

"Up" means one touch (not click) on the top part of the Siri touch surface.
"Swipe up" is a gesture, you need to move your finger from the bottom to the top of the Siri touch surface.
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
Ok great thanks for the explanation.  I am new to AppleTV.   I will have to try and see if I can built me own version to help answer my own questions.

Martin
Hello together,

there are currently no nightlies from tvos 19.0?
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
Tvos build server is currently being relocated. No new builds for tvos will occur for a little bit.
(2021-01-06, 11:11)Fuzzard Wrote: Tvos build server is currently being relocated. No new builds for tvos will occur for a little bit.

Thx for the quick feedback
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
First of all I want to thank you all for your great work!

Unfortunately after updating my Apple TV 4 to TvOS 14.3, NitoTV did not longer offer Kodi 17.6.

I have now tried to install the latest supported version (http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...b-tvos.deb) via ssh.

I used the following commands:
wget --no-check-certificate http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...b-tvos.deb
dpkg -i kodi-20180227-4a25e62-yab-tvos.deb
uicache

This is what the mac terminal returned:
(Reading database ... 1773 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack kodi-20180225-4c5d6f9-yab-tvos.deb ...
Unpacking org.xbmc.kodi-tvos (17.6-0) ...
Setting up org.xbmc.kodi-tvos (17.6-0) ...
2021-01-16 22:44:55.551 uicache[7689:49271] updateBlock.xm blocked 0
finish:respringing ...

Unfortunately, Kodi does not show up on my Apple TV despite not getting an error message. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Any kind of advice or help would be much appreciated, as I can't live without my Kodi.

Thanks in advance!
Hi @sinepanigav,

Kodi 17.6 is still in the NitoTV repo, I just checked.
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
Hello from Greece,
thank you very much for your help and continuous support!

I have an Apple TV 4, which was running well on tvOS 13.x with nitoTV and Kodi 17.6
Then I had a crazy idea to upgrade to 14.4 and jailbreak with checkra1n.
The jailbreak went well, but nitoTV is not working any more.
I installed kodi 17.6 from the deb file, but the icon does not appear on the screen.
I even tried uicache, nothing fixed. Seems like the system does not respring.

Can anybody please help me?
Hi,
NitoTV not working anymore is not a good sign...
Did you try to install another app with dpkg to be sure that it is not a Kodi issue?
(2021-03-03, 08:29)sy6sy2 Wrote: Hi,
NitoTV not working anymore is not a good sign...
Did you try to install another app with dpkg to be sure that it is not a Kodi issue?
Hello,
Thank you very much for your help!

I just downloaded and successfully installed gawk.

I removed and reinstalled nitoTV, the icon is present but when I press it, nito is trying to start, shows the initial screen for just a blink and then crashes.
I tried once more to install kodi, the installation seems to conclude successfully but at the end it does not respring and does not add the kodi icon.
Afterwards I tried uicache once more, nothing happened. And no respring (should uicache cause a respring?)

Is there a way to force respring?
uicache should be enough to show Kodi icon on springboard.
Can you check with SSH that you have Kodi.app folder in /Applications?
You can also try to install Kodi 19 (https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/darwin/...0-tvos.deb).

Sounds like a tvOS/jailbreak issue...
As I said NitoTV not opening is not a good sign.
You can also try to re-jailbreak and also try to install another GUI app like RetroArch or Provenance just to be sure that it is (or not) a Kodi issue.
(2021-03-03, 10:51)sy6sy2 Wrote: uicache should be enough to show Kodi icon on springboard.
Can you check with SSH that you have Kodi.app folder in /Applications?
You can also try to install Kodi 19 (https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/darwin/...0-tvos.deb).

Sounds like a tvOS/jailbreak issue...
As I said NitoTV not opening is not a good sign.
You can also try to re-jailbreak and also try to install another GUI app like RetroArch or Provenance just to be sure that it is (or not) a Kodi issue.
The Kodi.app folder is in /private/var/mobile/Applications
There is no Kodi.app folder in /Applications

But I found a nitoTV.app folder in /Applications, dated from 11/2019 (date from a previous installation maybe?)
Kodi.app should be in /Applications.
Did you try Kodi 19 deb file?
You need to log as root and run dpkg -i org.xbmc.kodi-tvos_19.0-0-tvos.deb
(2021-03-03, 12:17)sy6sy2 Wrote: Kodi.app should be in /Applications.
Did you try Kodi 19 deb file?
You need to log as root and run dpkg -i org.xbmc.kodi-tvos_19.0-0-tvos.deb

Great news!
Kodi 19 was successfully installed in /Applications
Kodi 17 was removed from /private/var/mobile/Applications

Thank you very much for your help!

The only problem is that I lost all the configuration, servers, library....
Of course I have kept a backup of /private/var/mobile/Applications/Kodi.app

Is it possible to copy the old configuration to the new folder?
Perfect!

Configurations files of Kodi are located in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi. This folder should contains addons, userdata, ... folders.

If you have a backup you can restore it here.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3