• 2(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
(2017-04-27, 11:28)ciscosurplus Wrote: Out of interest did you manage to get it to archive ok without manually pulling .app files ?

Achieve does not work with Xcode 7.2.1 or 8.2.1

These are the 4 errors I get when trying to achieve with Xcode 8.2.1 (Clean and Build works!!!)

ERROR 1

ERROR 2

ERROR 3

ERROR 4
Not interested in archives - sorry - you need someone else to waste time in that hole...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Are you triggering a file archive direct from the menu?

Did you try the method I suggested by adding archive to your scheme and manually pulling the .app file?

Also I found if you do fresh builds from scratch the existing files hang around in library I found cleaning them out removed any file missing errors.
(2017-04-28, 10:13)ciscosurplus Wrote: Are you triggering a file archive direct from the menu?

Did you try the method I suggested by adding archive to your scheme and manually pulling the .app file?

Also I found if you do fresh builds from scratch the existing files hang around in library I found cleaning them out removed any file missing errors.

I did from the main menu but no luck. Memphiz confirmed that it doesnt work.

Using: Xcode 8.2.1 tvOS 10.1

I did pull the .app file. My Steps:

1. Target: Kodi-TVOS > GenericTVos
2. Clean > Build
3. Build Success

I go to /Users/NAME/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Kodi-xxxxxxxxxxx/Build/Products/Release-appletvos/Kodi.app

I code sign it with App Signer i get IPA.
I go to Xcode: Windows > Devices > Connect my ATV4 > Load it and I get this ERROR ;(

What am I doing wrongHuhHuh
Using: Xcode 7.2.1 tvOS 9.1 - WORKS!!!
I have an apple tv4 os latest version with mrmc installed only i want to install kodi 17.1 on it or you can help with what i have to do step by step he is is in original state now

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old thread, but has the min version been bumped to allow build against SDK TvOS 11.0?

Getting the same errors previously.
Yes it has. Its built with xcode9 against tvos sdk 11 now.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
As an addition to @dmytrokoren 's earlier compiling and Xcode instructions - thx. mate. I will add some additions to make life a bit easier:
(I used Xcode v9.2 and @Memphiz 's yab Kodi 17.6 Github branch)

2. Install Kodi build depends:

Add --with-sdk=11.2 such as:
Code:
cd $HOME/Kodi
cd tools/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-cpu=arm64 --with-platform=tvos --with-sdk=11.2
make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)

5. Adjust Settings in Xcode

Navigate to Kodi folder using macOS Finder and double click to open Kodi.xcodeproj in Xcode

Now from Top Left to Right, select:

Kodi-TVOS > Apple TV

two lines below that select Kodi-TVOS

Identity > Display name = Kodi
Identity > Bundle Identifier = your username you use in the Signing Window > Team box below
Signing > Tick Automatically manage signing and use an iPhone Developer Certificate
Signing > [Your username attached to your AppleID] (Personal Team) - there should only be one most times anyway.

Deployment Info > Deployment Target > 11.2

Linked Frameworks and Libraries > add AVKit.framework

Xcode Top Menu Bar: Product > Clean
Xcode Top menu Bar: Product > Build

Results:
Frame Rate matching and HDR > SDR conversion works.

H264 1080 25i deinterlacing is only Half Motion and produces video combing. Hardware decoding needs to be disabled for this combo so full motion Deinterlace (YADIF2x) can work. The A10X Fusion can easily handle this, it has the CPU ponies !
Needs some patching.

The TVOSTopshelf Xcode option will not compile unless you have a full blown developer paid up account.

EDIT: The A10X Fusion SoC in the Apple TV 4K is a bit of a beast - you can simply turn off all hardware acceleration and playback 1080p content - even 10bit 1080p HEVC. It has a 6 core CPU clocked at 2.39GHz

(2018-01-24, 12:20)wrxtasy Wrote: As an addition to @dmytrokoren 's earlier compiling and Xcode instructions - thx. mate. I will add some additions to make life a bit easier:
(I used Xcode v9.2 and @Memphiz 's yab Kodi 17.6 Github branch)

2. Install Kodi build depends:

Add --with-sdk=11.2 such as:
Code:
cd $HOME/Kodi
cd tools/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-cpu=arm64 --with-platform=tvos --with-sdk=11.2
make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)
5. Adjust Settings in Xcode

Navigate to Kodi folder using macOS Finder and double click to open Kodi.xcodeproj in Xcode

Now from Top Left to Right, select:

Kodi-TVOS > Apple TV

two lines below that select Kodi-TVOS

Identity > Display name = Kodi
Identity > Bundle Identifier = your username you use in the Signing Window > Team box below
Signing > Tick Automatically manage signing and use an iPhone Developer Certificate
Signing > [Your username attached to your AppleID] (Personal Team) - there should only be one most times anyway.

Deployment Info > Deployment Target > 11.2

Linked Frameworks and Libraries > add AVKit.framework

Xcode Top Menu Bar: Product > Clean
Xcode Top menu Bar: Product > Build

Results:
Frame Rate matching and HDR > SDR conversion works.

H264 1080 25i deinterlacing is only Half Motion and produces video combing. Hardware decoding needs to be disabled for this combo so full motion Deinterlace (YADIF2x) can work. The A10X Fusion can easily handle this, it has the CPU ponies !
Needs some patching.

The TVOSTopshelf Xcode option will not compile unless you have a full blown developer paid up account.

EDIT: The A10X Fusion SoC in the Apple TV 4K is a bit of a beast - you can simply turn off all hardware acceleration and playback 1080p content - even 10bit 1080p HEVC. It has a 6 core CPU clocked at 2.39GHz 
 Hi wrxtasy,

do you maybe have a .deb from this build?

Thanks!
Yes once I found @Memphiz's deb generation script. This has AVKit.framework Framework in Xcode added to it.

kodi-20182601-9d5284f_tvos_17.6.deb

(2018-01-26, 18:23)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes once I found @Memphiz's deb generation script. This has AVKit.framework Framework in Xcode added to it.

kodi-20182601-9d5284f_tvos_17.6.deb
 Thank you very much man!

i'll try this later when i have some time this evening!
I just tested this version only i can't get frame rate switching to work on my ATV4.

There are no options i kodi to enable this?

AM i missing somthing?

Thanks!
Frame rate matching/switching is not implemented with the Apple TV4 Firmware YET !
It is coming Smile

https://9to5mac.com/2018/01/24/tvos-11-3-beta-1/

Normally in Kodi you simply select Settings > Player Settings > Videos > Adjust display refresh rate > Start/Stop

(2018-01-27, 04:31)wrxtasy Wrote: Frame rate matching/switching is not implemented with the Apple TV4 Firmware YET !
It is coming Smile

https://9to5mac.com/2018/01/24/tvos-11-3-beta-1/

Normally in Kodi you simply select Settings > Player Settings > Videos > Adjust display refresh rate > Start/Stop

So this is only working on apple tv 4K?
And not yet working on apple tv 4.

Cause i have installed THE public beta tvos 11.3 and THE option to match framerate is there now on my apple tv 4.

It’s working nice with netflix, amazon prime and infuse only with kodi and the tvheadend client app it isn’t working so that’s why i’m asking....
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3