• 4(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
(2018-10-21, 19:50)Memphiz Wrote: Thx - that pr looks good. But could you do it to xbmc repo? I want this in official Kodi if possible.

If you can‘t do it - I can do it for you once time permits on my side.

(Basically you fork xbmc/xbmc repo - checkout master and cherry pick your commit on top and PR against xbmc/xbmc repo to branch master)
 Again, sorry for delay. I have to learn a lot of beginner's stuffs about branches and GitHub Sad
Anyway I hope this is what you requested.
yes - well done.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks, Memphiz. I have another PR, but for P8PLATFORM repo. Unfortunately nothing happens in this repo quite a lot of time. 
Could you please suggest a way to ping a project maintainer somehow?
(2018-10-25, 12:44)srg70 Wrote: Thanks, Memphiz. I have another PR, but for P8PLATFORM repo. Unfortunately nothing happens in this repo quite a lot of time. 
Could you please suggest a way to ping a project maintainer somehow?

Guess you better submit it here
https://github.com/xbmc/platform
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks a lot! Just submitted PR to this repo.
I'm trying to build Kodi for tvOS on macOS 10.13.6 and Xcode 9. Because I'm an Apple developer and already have Xcode 10 installed, I reinstalled Xcode 9 to a different directory and selected it using xcode-select.

I followed dmytrokoren's instructions on building from the beginning of this thread, but on the step for compiling build dependencies I got an error that read "error: C compiler cannot create executables" and now if I try to recompile it still prints "Dependencies built successfully" but fails with the following:

Code:
/path/to/Xcode9.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C target
/path/to/Xcode9.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C pcre
/path/to/Xcode9.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C appletvos11.4_arm64-target
make[3]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [appletvos11.4_arm64-target/.libs/libpcre.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [pcre] Error 2
make: *** [target/.installed-appletvos11.4_arm64-target] Error 2

(I've changed the path of my Xcode 9 installation just to make things more readable.)

If I try the "Compiling Kodi to Use with Xcode" step then I get this:

Code:
checking for gcc... /path/to/Xcode9.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/Users/myuser/Development/kodi/kodi':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
make: *** [../../../..//libkodi.so] Error 77

I have pretty much no idea what I can do to resolve this issue. I'm wondering if trying to use a secondary Xcode installation is causing issues. However I can't replace my primary Xcode installation because I need it for work. I suppose I could try building Kodi in a virtual machine but that would both be slower and prevent me from being able to run it in a simulator.

Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?

edit: I tried again after installing Xcode 9 to /Applications and the same error occurred, so it's not just Xcode being installed to a non-standard directory.

edit 2: I was able to get things compiling properly by installing Xcode 9.2 and using xcode-select to choose it for command line compiling. Previously I was using Xcode 9.4.1 and apparently that one doesn't work.

edit 3: ...but things aren't linking properly. I'm getting a ton of undefined symbol errors plus a lot of warnings that the libraries in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/appletvos11.2_arm64-target are the wrong architecture (x86_64)

final edit: Silly me, I was building for the iOS Simulator. I've gotten the app to compile and link. Too bad it can't run in the Simulator, though, since that would have been convenient.
Hi,

I purchased an ATV 4k last month, and after playing with MrMc, Infuse and Plex, none of those players will fit my needs.
So I'd like to install and run Kodi on my atv, otherwise I'll plug back my raspberry Wink

TvOs builds are stable enough for a daily usage? (only plugins used are 'library node editor', 'keymap editor and 'youtube') 
What about upscaler quality ? (use internal ATV's one ?)
And deinterlacing, and audio sync ?

Thanks
Hi
Probably I was doing it wrong, but let's try to ask.
I've download latest xmbc code from offcial repo and master branch. (I'm aware about great work done by Memphiz and Yab branch).

I've added
Code:
tvos)
;;
to configure so "Unsupported platform" won't trigger . 
Then I run 
Code:
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-cpu=arm64 --with-platform=tvos
- it wen't through.
Then I tried to build Kodi with 
Code:
make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) 2>&1 | tee log
, which failed on :
Code:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
In file included from crypto/async/arch/async_posix.c:11:
In file included from crypto/async/arch/../async_locl.h:30:
crypto/async/arch/../arch/async_posix.h:45:13: error: 'setcontext' is unavailable: not available on tvOS
            setcontext(&n->fibre);
            ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVOS12.1.sdk/usr/include/ucontext.h:39:6: note: 'setcontext' has been explicitly marked unavailable here
int  setcontext(const ucontext_t *) __OSX_AVAILABLE_BUT_DEPRECATED(__MAC_10_5, __MAC_10_6, __IPHONE_2_0, __IPHONE_2_0) __WATCHOS_PROHIBITED __TVOS_PROHIBITED;
     ^
In file included from crypto/async/arch/async_null.c:11:
In file included from crypto/async/arch/../async_locl.h:30:
crypto/async/arch/../arch/async_posix.h:45:13: error: 'setcontext' is unavailable: not available on tvOS
            setcontext(&n->fibre);
            ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVOS12.1.sdk/usr/include/ucontext.h:39:6: note: 'setcontext' has been explicitly marked unavailable here
int  setcontext(const ucontext_t *) __OSX_AVAILABLE_BUT_DEPRECATED(__MAC_10_5, __MAC_10_6, __IPHONE_2_0, __IPHONE_2_0) __WATCHOS_PROHIBITED __TVOS_PROHIBITED;
     ^
crypto/async/arch/async_posix.c:28:12: error: 'getcontext' is unavailable: not available on tvOS
    return getcontext(&ctx) == 0;
           ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVOS12.1.sdk/usr/include/ucontext.h:37:6: note: 'getcontext' has been explicitly marked unavailable here
int  getcontext(ucontext_t *) __OSX_AVAILABLE_BUT_DEPRECATED(__MAC_10_5, __MAC_10_6, __IPHONE_2_0, __IPHONE_2_0) __WATCHOS_PROHIBITED __TVOS_PROHIBITED;
     ^
crypto/async/arch/async_posix.c:38:9: error: 'getcontext' is unavailable: not available on tvOS
    if (getcontext(&fibre->fibre) == 0) {
        ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVOS12.1.sdk/usr/include/ucontext.h:37:6: note: 'getcontext' has been explicitly marked unavailable here
int  getcontext(ucontext_t *) __OSX_AVAILABLE_BUT_DEPRECATED(__MAC_10_5, __MAC_10_6, __IPHONE_2_0, __IPHONE_2_0) __WATCHOS_PROHIBITED __TVOS_PROHIBITED;
     ^
crypto/async/arch/async_posix.c:43:13: error: 'makecontext' is unavailable: not available on tvOS
            makecontext(&fibre->fibre, async_start_func, 0);
            ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVOS12.1.sdk/usr/include/ucontext.h:38:6: note: 'makecontext' has been explicitly marked unavailable here
void makecontext(ucontext_t *, void (*)(), int, ...) __OSX_AVAILABLE_BUT_DEPRECATED(__MAC_10_5, __MAC_10_6, __IPHONE_2_0, __IPHONE_2_0) __WATCHOS_PROHIBITED __TVOS_PROHIBITED;
     ^
1 error generated.
4 errors generated.
make[4]: *** [crypto/async/arch/async_posix.o] Error 1
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C rapidjson
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[4]: *** [crypto/async/arch/async_null.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [appletvos12.1_arm64-target-debug/libssl.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [openssl] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I have no idea what is missing here . If someone has a clue, I'm happy to listen . However I've never tried to write anything for MacOS/iOS/tvOS before . I've done some , small, projects for C# and Python however.
Best regards
Hi, are you aware of this?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2689917

In the first post of the following thread you find the latest tvOS Kodi 17 build from 20180227:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2148647

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Hi
Yes, I'm aware. I have the build from Feb 2018 running already. However I tried to build/have Kodi 18.

The Memphiz branch is over 1K commits behind main repo , so I wanted to see when I finish when I start , almost, from scratch.
You can‘t compile master for tvOS. If you are lucky - depends will compile for tvOS but that’s it. The whole cmake buildsystem for tvOS is simply not existing.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
ok, thank you. So I can't help here - not enough knowledge..
Thx for trying

To have a chance you would need to know:
1. autotools
2. Cmake
3. C++
4. Objective-c
5. Bash
6. Cross platform programming
7. The inner workings of the apple SDKs

As soon as one of those skills is missing you will end in big frustration and/or in a lot of wrong layered questions without answers.

Just for completeness.
Hi Memphiz,

I just acquired an ATV4 on tvOS 12.1 and I have Mojave with Xcode 10.1 with appletvos12.1 SDK.
I am not able to compile depends of your branch (https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/tree/yab) even by modifying configure file in order to allow 12.* sdk.

Do you know if is it possible to compile your branch with this SDK.

I don't know if I have the ability to do it but in the long term I would like to help integrate new commits from master branch and offer more up-to-date builds for ATV users...

Thank you!
Thumbs Up 
Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3