• 32(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
(2019-09-23, 10:22)giannia Wrote:
(2019-09-22, 23:05)DAMM72 Wrote:
(2019-09-21, 18:40)giannia Wrote: It compiled with no issues on my Mac. Mojave 10.14.6, Xcode version previous 11.0, jdk 13.

On the few videos I tested, hardware video codecs were used correctly and multichannel audio correctly played on my avr. Like 17.6, there's the need to specify the maximum number of channels available and keep the audio passthrough option disabled.
I tested also the tvheadend pvr client and it partially works. Video surface is only visible when software video codecs are used. Using hardware video codec, video surface is not visible and you  can hear only audio. I cannot test if this issue is only limited to tvheadend or it is present all pvr plugins.
4K HDR works?  

Sorry, I don't know. I have a Full HD panel. 

Thx.
the WIP branch is updated for xcode 11/tvos 13. Have just done a runtime, and all working.

Built with Mojave 10.14.6, xcode 11 and runtime tested on ATV4k tvos 13
(2019-09-25, 05:56)Fuzzard Wrote: the WIP branch is updated for xcode 11/tvos 13. Have just done a runtime, and all working.

I'm new, I'm trying to compile kodi from your repo. Do you mean master_darwin-embedded-ATV branch?

The fist part sounds clear for me. I do:

#!/bin/bash
pw=$(pwd)

git clone -b master_darwin-embedded-ATV https://github.com/fuzzard/xbmc/ kodi

cd kodi/tools/depends/
./bootstrap.
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-platform=tvos
make -j 9

cd ${pw}/kodi
make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons -j 9

But what to do next I'm confused. Should I run your tools or from kodi's original?
Finally, I compiled it somehow Smile (The tough part is signing and uploading).

The video is playing and the audio is working. However, 3d The movie's picture somehow has been doubled (so I see like 2 times OU). Also I've compiled Kodi 19-Alpha1 maybe that is why.
(2019-09-25, 05:56)Fuzzard Wrote: the WIP branch is updated for xcode 11/tvos 13. Have just done a runtime, and all working.

Is there a way to checkout to 18.2 with all your patches?
tvOS is only kodi 19 alpha. There is no tvOS support in kodi 18.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-09-29, 00:07)phunkyfish Wrote: tvOS is only kodi 19 alpha. There is no tvOS support in kodi 18.

Ah, got it. I also checked it's a well known issue started from 18. So, going back to 18 would not help to fix 3d issue. By reports only 17th works well 3d mobile. I really like 3d support from kodi (navigation works in 3d, subtitles)

Now when I'm able to compile Kodi for TvOS it would be nice to have 3d feature fixed.
I was able to build off fuzzard repo and generate Xcode project but when I press play to build I keep on getting the errors below:

​​​​​​make: /Users/xxxxxxxxxx/Kodi/build/CMakeScripts/ZERO_CHECK_cmakeRulesBuildPhase.makeDebug:
​​​​​​
An empty identity is not valid when signing a binary for the product type 'TV App Extension'.

Missing entitlements file for target kodi-topshelf: "/Users/xxxxxxx/Kodi/build/CMakeFiles/kodi-topshelf.dir/TopShelf.entitlements"

An empty identity is not valid when signing a binary for the product type 'Application'.

Missing entitlements file for target kodi: "/Users/xxxxxxx/Kodi/build/CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/Kodi.entitlements"
first you need to have paid developer account to use TopShelf and configure app ids and group id in Xcode correctly. 
Easier way might be to build deb target then sign deb with iOS App Signer and deploy signed ipa with xcode.
(2019-10-17, 21:54)pogar Wrote: first you need to have paid developer account to use TopShelf and configure app ids and group id in Xcode correctly. 
Easier way might be to build deb target then sign deb with iOS App Signer and deploy signed ipa with Xcode. 

I am using paid developer account, how do I build deb target I can try doing it that way so it will generate IPA and I can use Xcode to install IPA to my 4K TV right?
(2019-10-17, 21:57)misterlamide Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 21:54)pogar Wrote: first you need to have paid developer account to use TopShelf and configure app ids and group id in Xcode correctly. 
Easier way might be to build deb target then sign deb with iOS App Signer and deploy signed ipa with Xcode. 

I am using paid developer account, how do I build deb target I can try doing it that way so it will generate IPA and I can use Xcode to install IPA to my 4K TV right? 

correct. In Xcode , two buttons to the right from Play select "deb". Then click in menu in Product/Build For/Testing and wait to have deb files created.
(2019-10-17, 21:59)pogar Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 21:57)misterlamide Wrote:

correct. In Xcode , two buttons to the right from Play select "deb". Then click in menu in Product/Build For/Testing and wait to have deb files created. 

THanks polar, and which exact branch in https://github.com/fuzzard/xbmc/tree/mas...bedded-ATV should I be using is it the master_darwin-embedded-ATV to build for Kodi 19 on tvOS 13?
to be honest - probably there is new-good branch to be used now, if you have some addons to use.. Kodi 19 is on Python 3 now . Last time I checked, the branch you have mention is on Python 3 as well, so many addons will just fail to run..
Hello
I‘d kindly like to ask whether there‘s still active development on this? Got quite quiet in the last months here. So are you taking a break or did you move all communication to a non public area? Or did you run in some kind of show stopper?

Best regards
Pr is open and being cleaned up after review comments

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16860

Still being actively worked on. Feature Dev has been put on hold whilst final push for initial commit on PR is addressed
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3