Building on Windows Python X64 link error
I am trying to build on windows but get the following error when I run BuildSetup.bat

"C:\Development\Github\xbmc\kodi-build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Development\Github\xbmc\kodi-build\kodi.vcxproj" (default target) (9) ->
(Link target) ->
python27.lib(python27.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
[C:\Development\Github\xbmc\kodi-build\kodi.vcxproj]

532 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Any ideas?
it tells you exactly the problem, so what are you asking ? not being snarky here. i have lots of ideas, some may even be relevant to whatever you are asking, but i honestly have no idea what you are asking.
If the issue is compiling 64-bit Kodi for Windows then maybe read and post here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136034
Sorry I should have been clearer on what I was trying to do.
I just wanted to build Kodi from source to test something.

I checked out master and followed the steps here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO_compile_XBM...ource_code

When running BuildSetup.bat
I get the above error.
I did not change anything, just want to build the default.
your dependencies, atleast the python library, is built for x64 while you build kodi for x86. not going to work. x64 is pretty new, i'd look in that forum thread for clues.
With the full link output it was much easier to see what happened

Code:
Link:
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\amd64_x86\link.exe /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE /OUT:"C:\Development\Github\xbmc\kodi-build\Release\kodi.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:C:/Development/Github/xbmc/lib/win32
  /ffmpeg/bin /LIBPATH:C:/Development/Github/xbmc/lib/win32/ffmpeg/bin/Release /LIBPATH:C:/Development/Github/xbmc/project/BuildDependencies/lib /LIBPATH:C:/Development/Github/xbmc/project/BuildDependencies/lib/Release kernel32.li
  b user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib build\upnp\Release\upnp.lib build\build\swig\Release\python_binding.lib build\Effects11\Release\effects11.lib Release\libk
  odi.lib d3d11.lib DInput8.lib DSound.lib winmm.lib Mpr.lib Iphlpapi.lib WS2_32.lib PowrProf.lib setupapi.lib dwmapi.lib dxguid.lib DelayImp.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\libcdio.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\CrossG
  uid.lib ..\lib\win32\ffmpeg\bin\avcodec.lib ..\lib\win32\ffmpeg\bin\avfilter.lib ..\lib\win32\ffmpeg\bin\avformat.lib ..\lib\win32\ffmpeg\bin\avutil.lib ..\lib\win32\ffmpeg\bin\swscale.lib ..\lib\win32\ffmpeg\bin\swresample.lib
  ..\lib\win32\ffmpeg\bin\postproc.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\fmt.lib C:\Anaconda2\Library\lib\freetype.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\libfribidi.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\lzo2.lib ..\project\BuildDepend
  encies\lib\pcrecpp.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\pcre.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\sqlite3.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\tag.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\tinyxmlSTL.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\
  lib\dnssd.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\libmicrohttpd.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\libmysql.lib C:\Anaconda2\libs\python27.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\ssh.lib ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\libxslt.lib
  ..\project\BuildDependencies\lib\libxml2.lib build\upnp\Release\upnp.lib build\build\swig\Release\python_binding.lib build\Effects11\Release\effects11.lib build\build\swig\Release\kodi_pch.lib Delayimp.lib /NODEFAULTLIB:libcmt /
  DELAYLOAD:zlib.dll /DELAYLOAD:libmysql.dll /DELAYLOAD:libxslt.dll /DELAYLOAD:dnssd.dll /DELAYLOAD:dwmapi.dll /DELAYLOAD:ssh.dll /DELAYLOAD:sqlite3.dll /DELAYLOAD:"avcodec-57.dll" /DELAYLOAD:"avfilter-6.dll" /DELAYLOAD:"avformat-
  57.dll" /DELAYLOAD:"avutil-55.dll" /DELAYLOAD:"postproc-54.dll" /DELAYLOAD:"swresample-2.dll" /DELAYLOAD:"swscale-4.dll" /DELAYLOAD:d3dcompiler_47.dll /MANIFEST /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /manifest:embed /
  manifestinput:C:\Development\Github\xbmc\xbmc\platform\win32\app.manifest /DEBUG /PDB:"C:/Development/Github/xbmc/kodi-build/Release/kodi.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /OPT:REF /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:/Development/G
  ithub/xbmc/kodi-build/Release/kodi.lib" /MACHINE:X86 /SAFESEH:NO   /machine:X86 kodi.dir\Release\main.obj
  "C:\Development\Github\xbmc\kodi-build\resources.dir\Release\XBMC_PC.res"
  CrossGuid.lib(guid.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
python27.lib(python27.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86' [C:\Development\Github\xbmc\kodi-build\kodi.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "C:\Development\Github\xbmc\kodi-build\kodi.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
from the above Link command
C:\Anaconda2\libs\python27.lib

I had a 64 Bit version of python installed from an older Data Engineering project, cmake was picking this up and using it.
I uninstalled the Anaconda2 Python 64Bit install and rerun the build from scratch and this time cmake picked up the correct python libs.

Perhaps cmake search needs to be refined a little.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building on Windows Python X64 link error0