v17 Hardware Acceleration - Issue
I am currently using Kodi 17.1 on Windows 10 with a Nvidia 1060 with up to date drivers.
When I set 'Render Method' to auto detect and switch on DVXA, and try to playback pre-recorded SDTV the picture is jerky.
If I leave Render Method to auto- detect it will not default to software decoding for SDTV.
I need to manually select 'Render Method' to software to achieve a smooth picture and set the Deinterlace Method to off.
Is there any way I can resolve this?
I had an issue with this EXACT same problem. The only fix for me was deleting kodi and doing a fresh install. Although at the time I believe I was using 16.1, but the problem never returned. Currently running 17.1.
Thanks, I will give my media pc a full format and reinstall everything, so I have got a clean install. I will then report back here with the outcome.
I am not sure exactly what is going on here.
I have formatted my pc and reinstalled windows 10
I have installed the latest Nvidia driver for my Nvidia 1060
I have installed Kodi 17.1 and left all the settings at default.
When I watch live or recorded SDTV, the picture is jittery with DVXA enabled.
Once I disable DVXA the picture is perfect.
@Fail$tyle420 are you now able to watch SDTV with DVXA enabled?
Can anyone please help me resolve this?
he didnt mean to format your PC doh! thats extreme only 2 directories need deleting or 1 if you used a win installer for kodi jesus.

So you did all that and you havent even posted a debug log (wiki) do it please. i'll get my coat...
I just wanted to make sure 100% that my system was 100% as it should be, I don't mind formatting my PC, I find it keeps it in tip top shape.
Anyway here is the log, hopefully, it points to my problem.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24462863/
ok i just didnt want you to think you HAD TO reformat ill have a look at the log but before i open it im thinking driver issue but we will see.
Thanks for looking at my log Derek, that was one of the main reasons I decided to format my pc was to rule out driver issues, but I suppose time will tell.
Hi @Derek did you manage to have a look at my log?
I had a look at it but nothing really stood out.
I am desperate to get to the bottom of this problem.
try max performance for kodi in power settings (3D application in nvidia panel).
And what windows 10 version?
Thanks, Fullsun, I am using Windows 10 Pro , I am not using the 'N' version with stripped out media player.
I will have a look for 3D application 'Power Settings' when I get back home, but I have to admit I have never seen that setting though.
My only concern is though this is SD video I am watching and I am having to disable De-interlacing to get a smooth picture.
windows 10 1610 or 1703Huh
Just checked it is 1703
Look 'GPU load' in GPU-Z, if you are 100% it's bad.
Exact smae issue here on an intel i3-3220 with intel hd2500 graphics.
When ill switch on dxva i have to disable deinterlacing (which also will be sets to dxva).
After that its smooth but not deinterlaced.

Also tried, which sadly not solved the issue:
 - sync playback with screen        off
 - change refresh rate                 off
 - Disable DXVA and use software rendering solved the issue, but the cpu load is very high on some HD channels -> fan is going wild. So no soltion.
 - advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <forcedxvarenderer>false</forcedxvarenderer>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

With the last change in advancedsettings.xml, the video of livetv is not jerky but also not deinterlaced, but the video setting is @dxva !?

Any hints about the issue?

Update!
I have solved the issue. It was the plugin "script.kodi.hue.ambilight" which causes the issues. 
After Deactivating the plugin all was fine.
Sorry for hijacking this thread!

pOpY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware Acceleration - Issue0