• 11(current)
Release PS Vue
(2017-06-21, 16:33)rontbeamer Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 09:18)V8MEM Wrote: pirate streaming sites were leeching their streams and posting them all over reddit. no company is going to stand that. they had same shitty protection as MLB

Ugh, I get so tired of the pirate crowd. We need to take all of them, send them to work for two weeks then when payday comes tell them nope sorry that was for free...

so you have never watched anything piratedHuh?
(2017-06-26, 19:25)markeymark Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 09:18)V8MEM Wrote: pirate streaming sites were leeching their streams and posting them all over reddit. no company is going to stand that. they had same shitty protection as MLB

I approached $ony about security flaws in their streams, they werent interested, now they have implemened a system where cookie needs refreshed every few hours, if they tighten their AES encryption too much it will mean the end of this add on, so dont blame piracy too much if you want to continue using this add on, people are going on as if its an official sony release!!

MarkeyMark - So you are saying you are to blame for the security change that has hampered eracknaphobia efforts to bring a desired add on for so many? Why would you do something so reckless? eracknaphobia was doing what was required by their security. Glad to know you are the Security Dudley Do Right of commercial streaming. (honestly don't think you have that much power of influence)
(2017-06-27, 19:18)vbripple Wrote:
(2017-06-26, 19:25)markeymark Wrote:

I approached $ony about security flaws in their streams, they werent interested, now they have implemened a system where cookie needs refreshed every few hours, if they tighten their AES encryption too much it will mean the end of this add on, so dont blame piracy too much if you want to continue using this add on, people are going on as if its an official sony release!!

MarkeyMark - So you are saying you are to blame for the security change that has hampered eracknaphobia efforts to bring a desired add on for so many? Why would you do something so reckless? eracknaphobia was doing what was required by their security. Glad to know you are the Security Dudley Do Right of commercial streaming. (honestly don't think you have that much power of influence)

Im sorry, maybe you misread what i typed, I approached Sony about a flaw, they werent interested, I never posted any streams online, however I do have their full list of channels for personal use for $1.99 a month.

Also if you check with Eracknaphobia, I also informed him of the flaw in his NBCSN add on which allowed users to get NBC Golf for FREE

I have helped numerous Tv companies with security flaws andhave been rewarded for my efforts, remember Kodi is against piracy, I doubt Sony would be too happy at the methods used in this unofficial add on to watch their content!!
(2017-06-26, 19:26)markeymark Wrote:
(2017-06-21, 16:33)rontbeamer Wrote:

Ugh, I get so tired of the pirate crowd. We need to take all of them, send them to work for two weeks then when payday comes tell them nope sorry that was for free...

Not since we have bveen able to legally get content. I pay for it all. People should be paid for their work. I do no pirate at all. If you are the person that runied this Kodi app, well you can read between the lines. I wouldn't shed a tear if they went after you.
(2017-06-28, 15:39)rontbeamer Wrote:
(2017-06-26, 19:26)markeymark Wrote:
(2017-06-21, 16:33)rontbeamer Wrote: Ugh, I get so tired of the pirate crowd. We need to take all of them, send them to work for two weeks then when payday comes tell them nope sorry that was for free...

Not since we have bveen able to legally get content. I pay for it all. People should be paid for their work. I do no pirate at all. If you are the person that runied this Kodi app, well you can read between the lines. I wouldn't shed a tear if they went after you.

What would they go after me for? Im sure they would be more nterested in the actual add on as that requires getting hidden information from the PS Vue website etc
My PS Vue is still working, dont know what the fuss is about.....:-)
(2017-06-28, 17:16)markeymark Wrote: What would they go after me for? Im sure they would be more nterested in the actual add on as that requires getting hidden information from the PS Vue website etc

The addon is meant to act just like an android tablet, so I'm not sure what you're referring to as "hidden information". I try my best to play by the rules sony has put in place. I pay for my own subscription and should be able to choose how I consume it whether it be browser, tablet, or kodi imho.

Still working on a suitable fix. I was away on vacation last week, so I'm just now getting back to working on the addon. Take a deep breath everyone, we'll get it going soon.
I don't understand what all the finger pointing and accusations are about. Sony provided access to those wishing to develop valid apps or add ons for people like eracknaphobia. Within this access area markeymark found security flaws that could be exploited by those wishing to pirate the service. He did what anyone should do and notified Sony of the problem. Sony in correcting those flaws, broke eracknaphobia's valid add on.

No one did anything wrong no one pirated anything!! Everyone/s actions were true and honorable! The finger pointing and accusing needs to stop and get back to the subject at hand, helping eraknaphobia with this awesome add on.
(2017-06-28, 17:31)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2017-06-28, 17:16)markeymark Wrote: What would they go after me for? Im sure they would be more nterested in the actual add on as that requires getting hidden information from the PS Vue website etc

The addon is meant to act just like an android tablet, so I'm not sure what you're referring to as "hidden information". I try my best to play by the rules sony has put in place. I pay for my own subscription and should be able to choose how I consume it whether it be browser, tablet, or kodi imho.

Still working on a suitable fix. I was away on vacation last week, so I'm just now getting back to working on the addon. Take a deep breath everyone, we'll get it going soon.

Thank you. Sorry for going off track, I'm just pretty anti-pirate.

hidden information being basically not available to normal users, ie key service etc

dont know why this post has turned on me for highlighting security flaws in sony ps vue, thought everyone on this forum would welcome flaws being pointed out??
(2017-06-28, 18:41)rontbeamer Wrote:

Thank you. Sorry for going off track, I'm just pretty anti-pirate.

so why you jumping on at my post? accusing me of piracy just because i highligheted a flaw to sony

or you just annoyed the add on isnt working?
(2017-06-28, 18:09)Sandhills Hillbilly Wrote: I don't understand what all the finger pointing and accusations are about. Sony provided access to those wishing to develop valid apps or add ons for people like eracknaphobia. Within this access area markeymark found security flaws that could be exploited by those wishing to pirate the service. He did what anyone should do and notified Sony of the problem. Sony in correcting those flaws, broke eracknaphobia's valid add on.

No one did anything wrong no one pirated anything!! Everyone/s actions were true and honorable! The finger pointing and accusing needs to stop and get back to the subject at hand, helping eraknaphobia with this awesome add on.

thanks m8
Update 2017.7.1 Released
- Yet another fix for streams not launching
eracknaphobia, on 7.1 got the error. Authorization failed, could not retrieve grant code
Not working here says invalid credentials when I know my UN and PW well hope there is a FIX thanks TEAM
(2017-07-01, 18:13)cordfree Wrote: eracknaphobia, on 7.1 got the error. Authorization failed, could not retrieve grant code
You may need to do a logout from the addon settings.

(2017-07-01, 21:00)dallasnights Wrote: Not working here says invalid credentials when I know my UN and PW well hope there is a FIX thanks TEAM
The message is coming directly from sony, not me. You may need to double check. Also performing a logout might be useful.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS Vue6