• 27(current)
Deprecated PS Vue
The new code has live tv using the episode content type. I’ve made modifications to both the episode display function and channel display function so that better info is displayed in the video player. As well as save watched episodes from either a channel or a show. For some reason live channel will not display the show title.

I want to add pages to sections like my shows so that way all of your shows can be displayed without timing out trying load so many shows. I’ll make updates to my fork tomorrow morning if anyone wants to test it just download the psvue.py and Sony.py files

My fork is updated and working. I won't make a pull request until after the weekend. VideoPlayer info for watching a channel will display the channel title, "Live" and the episode synopsis. VideoPlayer info for watching a live episode will display channel title, "Live", episode title and episode synopsis. VideoPlayer info for watching an on demand episode will display tv show title, "On Demand", episode title and episode synopsis. My fork is HERE until I submit a pull request with eracknaphobia's git.
thanks, @snoopyjoe!
you're awesome! working great for me.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2017-11-17, 04:55)snoopyjoe Wrote: The new code has live tv using the episode content type. I’ve made modifications to both the episode display function and channel display function so that better info is displayed in the video player. As well as save watched episodes from either a channel or a show. For some reason live channel will not display the show title.

I want to add pages to sections like my shows so that way all of your shows can be displayed without timing out trying load so many shows. I’ll make updates to my fork tomorrow morning if anyone wants to test it just download the psvue.py and Sony.py files

My fork is updated and working. I won't make a pull request until after the weekend. VideoPlayer info for watching a channel will display the channel title, "Live" and the episode synopsis. VideoPlayer info for watching a live episode will display channel title, "Live", episode title and episode synopsis. VideoPlayer info for watching an on demand episode will display tv show title, "On Demand", episode title and episode synopsis. My fork is HERE until I submit a pull request with eracknaphobia's git.
Snoop, FYI, the All Channel directory doesn't seem to be opening for me, it throws an error.
Thank you for this great addon!  I hope once you're happy with the state of the PSVue addon, that you'll consider making one for the Philo service.  ;-)

One question I had, as I'm still new to developing for kodi, is there a way to publish the psvue guide info to the kodi live tv epg?  It would seem this would be an easier way to use the service as a "traditional" tv service.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
Hi all and thank you for the PS Vue addon from this kodi fan.

I have an issue when playing live channels. On the live channel browsing screen, I have technical info displayed that shows screen ratio, 720p, duration of "5 min" (on some channels).

On all channels that show "5 min" they seem to only stream for almost exactly 5 minutes?

I have searched for any settings that might contribute to this behavior but can't find any.

I'm using either eracknaphobia v2017.11.3 or kodi v2017.10.10 and the short duration (5 min playback time) streaming issue remains. Stream plays for 5 minutes and then stops and returns to live channel list with no apparent errors.

Could someone comment on this?

Thanks.
(2017-11-20, 22:52)pemcshane Wrote: Hi all and thank you for the PS Vue addon from this kodi fan.

I have an issue when playing live channels. On the live channel browsing screen, I have technical info displayed that shows screen ratio, 720p, duration of "5 min" (on some channels).

On all channels that show "5 min" they seem to only stream for almost exactly 5 minutes?

I have searched for any settings that might contribute to this behavior but can't find any.

I'm using either eracknaphobia v2017.11.3 or kodi v2017.10.10 and the short duration (5 min playback time) streaming issue remains. Stream plays for 5 minutes and then stops and returns to live channel list with no apparent errors.

Could someone comment on this?

Thanks.
Try disabling inputstream adaptive. (Addons > My Addons > Inpustream Adaptive)
Thanks eracknaphobia. So far, SyFy has been streaming for a full 16 minutes without stopping the stream!

Any idea why the inputstream adaptive (supports YouTube 1080p playback I think) caused this issue?

Just trying to learn more about the interaction of various addons.
(2017-11-20, 23:26)pemcshane Wrote: Thanks eracknaphobia. So far, SyFy has been streaming for a full 16 minutes without stopping the stream!

Any idea why the inputstream adaptive (supports YouTube 1080p playback I think) caused this issue?

Just trying to learn more about the interaction of various addons.
It's quite an ambitious project so development is a bit harder and bugs are still being worked on.
Thank you again.
(2017-11-20, 06:31)coremailrx8 Wrote: Snoop, FYI, the All Channel directory doesn't seem to be opening for me, it throws an error. 
@coremailrx8, Look at your kodi log file and see what the error says. If it's a error inside one of the python files let us know the error and we can look at it. It might just be a timeout error or something on Sony's server end. 
(2017-11-20, 17:22)edit4ever Wrote: Thank you for this great addon! I hope once you're happy with the state of the PSVue addon, that you'll consider making one for the Philo service. ;-)

One question I had, as I'm still new to developing for kodi, is there a way to publish the psvue guide info to the kodi live tv epg? It would seem this would be an easier way to use the service as a "traditional" tv service.
@edit4ever, the EPG data is there on Sony's site and obtainable though I couldn't get the json info needed to load every time. That can be worked out but I'm not sure how to make a guide for kodi then pass that info to the guide. I do see you're working on a zap2xml addon which I'm going to try this week. I currently use the DOS version of zap2xml to download EPG data from TvGuide.com and save it to my NAS to display using tvguide fullscreen addon.
@snoopyjoe - take a look at my new zap2epg addon instead of the older zap2xml.  The source that zap2xml uses will eventually be going offline as they switch to a different system for their listings.  My zap2epg addon works with the new system.

For integrating the live tv channels - it's not the guide I'm concerned about.  We need to get the channel list sent to kodi's pvr system.  I'm thinking this will require some kind of pvr client addon to take your channel list and flip it to the internal pvr system.  I suppose an alternative way to think about it would be to provide an IPTV list to the IPTV pvr client or to tvheadend.  However, I'm not sure how to force that to update the listing as I assume Sony changes the stream url with each program/channel/day or even just randomly.

For an example, we could look at how the plugin.video.pvr.plugin.player addon works an maybe automate the process inside of the psvue addon.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
(2017-11-21, 11:41)snoopyjoe Wrote: @coremailrx8, Look at your kodi log file and see what the error says. If it's a error inside one of the python files let us know the error and we can look at it. It might just be a timeout error or something on Sony's server end. 
See log below:

https://pastebin.com/6AQesena
(2017-11-21, 17:07)edit4ever Wrote: @snoopyjoe - take a look at my new zap2epg addon instead of the older zap2xml.  The source that zap2xml uses will eventually be going offline as they switch to a different system for their listings.  My zap2epg addon works with the new system.

For integrating the live tv channels - it's not the guide I'm concerned about.  We need to get the channel list sent to kodi's pvr system.  I'm thinking this will require some kind of pvr client addon to take your channel list and flip it to the internal pvr system.  I suppose an alternative way to think about it would be to provide an IPTV list to the IPTV pvr client or to tvheadend.  However, I'm not sure how to force that to update the listing as I assume Sony changes the stream url with each program/channel/day or even just randomly.

For an example, we could look at how the plugin.video.pvr.plugin.player addon works an maybe automate the process inside of the psvue addon.
There is this addon https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2614283

I tried it briefly once, but not long enough to make it work. The concept looks great, but I am trying to avoid loading a lot of addons and dependencies just to get one feature to work. Hopefully there is a better way to do this without so much code.
Update 2017.11.21 Released ***Thanks to snoopyjoe for the following updates / fixes!***
- Timeline section now available with episode availability detail
- Fix add/remove show and channel ability
- Watched live or on demand shows available in Recently Watched
- VideoPlayer display info updated
- LiveTV menu updated with live show info
(2017-11-21, 19:25)coremailrx8 Wrote:
(2017-11-21, 11:41)snoopyjoe Wrote: @coremailrx8, Look at your kodi log file and see what the error says. If it's a error inside one of the python files let us know the error and we can look at it. It might just be a timeout error or something on Sony's server end. 
See log below:

https://pastebin.com/6AQesena

That’s interesting. I’ll look at the code again but it seems like there is a channel title with special characters in it that Unicode encoder can’t pass.

If favorite channels works try adding all of your channels to favorites. You should get the error again when loading favorite channels. Then you can remove one channel at a time until favorite channels loads again. That’ll be the channel title giving the error. You’ll have to add and remove from Sony’s website.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS Vue6