Android KODI 17.1 NON NEON FOR Tegra 2 and Android 4.0.3
Wink 
Below the link to ARM NON- NEON and Android 4.0.3 at least:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ubktzja622gf0...n.apk?dl=0

Below the changelog

Compatible with NON- NEON
Android 4.0.3 or higher

Anyone who can donate money sends me a private message that I will be very grateful for

Test and to post the results , telling you which device and which version of the android

It is increasingly complicated to make the backport for android 4.0.3, because the team Kodi ends up putting calls of the latest android when it has solutions of the old way, but I understand this strategy, otherwise the code may be too outdated.
I believe this is the latest version for android 4.0.3, and for latest android, I no longer know if it has hardware with superior android with non neon processor.
Remember that the XDA team abandoned this initiative many years ago.
Wow, nobody's down?
Has anyone tested?
Working well?
Sorry, just finished testing works great for me.

Thank you very much.
(2017-04-22, 19:41)whise Wrote: Sorry, just finished testing works great for me.

Thank you very much.

Show, very good to receive feedback
You should think about a full fork and posting it on google play. Alot of people are interested in this.

Great job.
thanks for the new version!
onfortunately on xoom (android 4.4.4) i have some problems
avi files play but any mkv mp4 and m4v make kodi crash (kodi has stopped)
those were working on the kodi 16.1 non neo version

something wrong with the codecs maybe?
last message in the log before crash:
CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodecBig Grinecore current state (2)
Previous line repeats 4 times.
Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml)

p.s. tried on 2 motorola xooms (wingray and everest)
those are tegra2
(2017-04-30, 08:24)andPS2 Wrote: thanks for the new version!
onfortunately on xoom (android 4.4.4) i have some problems
avi files play but any mkv mp4 and m4v make kodi crash (kodi has stopped)
those were working on the kodi 16.1 non neo version

something wrong with the codecs maybe?
last message in the log before crash:
CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodecBig Grinecore current state (2)
Previous line repeats 4 times.
Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml)

p.s. tried on 2 motorola xooms (wingray and everest)
those are tegra2

It really seems to be a problem in the android codec, this implementation is official, but I believe your device's android is the problem, not Kodi.

Try disabling MediaCodec (native android hardware acceleration) as follows:
Settings -> Player settings -> Change Standard to Expert (the last option in the left menu) -> Videos -> In the "Processing" section, disable the options: Allow Hardware Acceleration - MediaCodec (Surface) AND Allow Hardware Acceleration - MediaCodec .

If the problem persists, please send me the complete log so I can evaluate it better.

I'm waiting for you
Amlogic - amcodes support?
disabling hardware acceleration does indeed fix it - unfortunately then kodi is almost unusable
for movies cause power runs out too fast (high cpu usage with no hardware acc.)
in kodi 16.1 it does run with hardware acceleration on
movies run in vlc too but i dont know if vlc uses hardware acc.

kodi 17.1 log
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24504110/

kodi 16.1 log
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24504112/

update:
happens on omnirom 4.4.4 too
dont think it is rom related as both 4.4.4 roms for xoom are rock stable
thx for your help and the non neon versions Wink
(2017-05-03, 00:05)chon Wrote: Amlogic - amcodes support?

No, this is a standard build with fits just for the Android processor and backport.
What version of your android?
(2017-05-03, 11:22)andPS2 Wrote: disabling hardware acceleration does indeed fix it - unfortunately then kodi is almost unusable
for movies cause power runs out too fast (high cpu usage with no hardware acc.)
in kodi 16.1 it does run with hardware acceleration on
movies run in vlc too but i dont know if vlc uses hardware acc.

kodi 17.1 log
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24504110/

kodi 16.1 log
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24504112/

update:
happens on omnirom 4.4.4 too
dont think it is rom related as both 4.4.4 roms for xoom are rock stable
thx for your help and the non neon versions Wink

Come on,
In Kodi 17, MediaCodec is using the OMX codec as log (Open Android MediaCodec OMX.Nvidia.h264.decode), but for some reason is not working, as VLC, Mx Player and others, they when they can not via codec, Try to call the native player, Kodi does not have this implementation, I will suggest to Team Kodi this implementation (I can try to do it, but I understand that it serves for many recent android devices), in short, I think it's from your android that does not have The correct implementation of MediaCodec, and the technique used by other players is different.

But the Kodi 16, even using ffmpeg it could run with hardware acceleration, I made some modifications at the time in the compilation of ffmpeg which helped in its hardware.

Well my time is a bit short because I'm just implemented the hardware acceleration for hisilicon that I release on a site in Brazil, once I finish, I'll send you a message to try to solve this problem.
You are not allowed to release anything under the name Kodi or XBMC for hisilicon or anything else without our explicit permission
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry, but I've been asking a few questions, where since the XDA team abandoned the XBMC generation for Tegra2, I started working on official build-fit versions to run on Tegra2 (Non Neon) and backport for android 4.0 .3.
I also implemented the codec for Hisilicon device for Kodi, I have used this forum to release version and help people who like this incredible player that is Kodi, as the source is available I have released, but I have no intention of breaking any rules.
Will releasing these build versions for Non Neon and backport for Android 4.0.3 have any problems?
If you need authorization, how to obtain this authorization?
just rename it. tetramarreta media center.
(2017-05-03, 21:25)ironic_monkey Wrote: just rename it. tetramarreta media center.

Okay thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 17.1 NON NEON FOR Tegra 2 and Android 4.0.31