crashes playing music (can't disable visualization)
Still seems to be crashing transitioning between songs. Debug Log
That's not a debug log.

You need to enable it in Settings>System>Logging
Uh, it was enabled, made obvious by the debug information taking up part of the screen at all times. Is there something else I have to do to enable it?
No, that should have enabled it. The counters on the screen are the indication it is working, which you state you had. It's just the log says it is not...

14:02:47.811 T:3360 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
14:02:47.811 T:3360 NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"

(line 69 & 70 if you want tho check) Maybe you uploaded the Kodi.old.log
A little further on down line 415 "Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 2"

I'm wondering if you could try the visualizations of Waveform or Spectrum, and report back as to their functionality. Seems to be having a problem with Milkdrop "Error getting C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\milkdrop\" http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=166261&page=4
Oh right. Thanks for the heads up. I suppose that is because there was no restart after enabling it?
No, I didn't restart after enabling it that time. I've switched visualizations and I'm waiting for it to crash again. That won't mean anything for the other two machines I have Kodi installed on however. Neither have visualizations installed, and are crashing constantly when playing music.
Took a few hours but it crashed again. Debug Log
If your log is complete, the last call was a window resize, which points at the graphics engine or some graphic memory limitation. There's a number of errors, some networking and some media errors, (84 in total) any one of which might be our issue, and some of those add-ons haven't been properly maintained. Suggestion: running a http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable mode version would eliminate all the add-ons/extras and networking, giving a base plain jane Kodi in which to prove out your hardware, if you provide media locally then let that work for hours or overnight and see if we get a crash with debug on. (memory and heat monitor might be useful).
It is complete assuming Kodi was logging properly at the end. Alright, I'll have to copy some media over to a machine and let it run, since all my media is on my NAS. Then I'll report back.
Well, there wasn't any crashes on either machine I tested it in portable mode. So what should I do now?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
crashes playing music (can't disable visualization)0