Is there a file that controls the screen resolution of kodi?
Hi All,

Sometimes when tweaking kodi on a raspbian + kodi install or osmc or librelec install I have to fully reset the pi or upgrade to a higher version of kodi. It is a pain to have to do a video calibration. I was wondering if there is a file that controls the screen size and/or resolution of kodi? I would make sure I always restore this after tweaks or upgrades and not have it reset all the time back to the desktop resolution.
normally the screen does not have to be calibrated. Why do you do that? Is the Kodi GUI bigger than the screen of the TV? If yes, disable overscan on your TV.

Many tweaks are done at the config.txt file. At least for LibreELEC. But I would look at the TV settings first. As this is a known thing and that has to be done on your TV and not inside Kodi. Using the calibration function inside Kodi should be the last resort if the Kodi GUI doesn't fit the screen and if you have checked all the zoom options on your TV. Normal (actual) LCD-TVs are easily able to display the native resolution of your Pi. If it doesn't, check the TV settings.
(2017-04-23, 19:17)DaVu Wrote: normally the screen does not have to be calibrated. Why do you do that? Is the Kodi GUI bigger than the screen of the TV? If yes, disable overscan on your TV.

Many tweaks are done at the config.txt file. At least for LibreELEC. But I would look at the TV settings first. As this is a known thing and that has to be done on your TV and not inside Kodi. Using the calibration function inside Kodi should be the last resort if the Kodi GUI doesn't fit the screen and if you have checked all the zoom options on your TV. Normal (actual) LCD-TVs are easily able to display the native resolution of your Pi. If it doesn't, check the TV settings.
Its not a TV thing when all my other devices fit on the screen normally. Even raspbian fits, just not kodi running on raspbian. Chaning the tv settings isnt an option as I would have to do this everytime I switch to using another device such as xbox or ps3 or wii u. I will look into the config.txt file to see if this is what I need to look at. Thanks for you help.
You can back up all of your settings in Libreelec if that's what you want to do. Don't know if that includes calibration but I'd assume it does. My old LG used to randomly and spontaneously set itself to 16:9 from a one-to-one pixel mapping. Never worked out why. In that case it really was the tv. Does your tv have a 1-1 mode? Different brands have different words for it.
Try to edit the /flash/config.txt and add:

Code:
force_overscan=0
disable_overscan=1

Sometimes the overscan support from the pi for Composite out is on!
RPi3 | RPi4 | LibreElec Kodi
(2017-09-24, 20:39)nojoe Wrote: Try to edit the /flash/config.txt and add:

Code:
force_overscan=0
disable_overscan=1

Sometimes the overscan support from the pi for Composite out is on!

config.txt overscan settings only affect the console/X framebuffer. This will have no effect on Kodi.
You should fix overscan issues on the TV itself.
(it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1")

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a file that controls the screen resolution of kodi?0