v17 Kodi crashes when I play a video from my USB
(2017-05-03, 20:05)Karellen Wrote: Just had a quick look at your debug log. Couldn't see anything amiss there.

Just confirm that you replicated the problem when you ran debug mode? It crashed, then you uploaded the log?

Hi Karellen

Yes, so I followed previous instructions to enable logging and debug mode, I replicated the crash by going to video > file > usb0 > file.mkv

After kodi kicks me out, I open kodi again and go to log file uploader where I got the above URL for.

Are there additional logs you are expecting? Would it help repeating my steps? Although my previous replications include banned addons, is there anything from there that may assist in troubleshooting?

Thanks for your help
Ok, there lies the problem.

The Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. The kodi.log is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

So in your case, you cleared the log when you restarted Kodi to run the uploader.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site
(2017-05-04, 22:49)Karellen Wrote: Ok, there lies the problem.

The Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. The kodi.log is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

So in your case, you cleared the log when you restarted Kodi to run the uploader.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site

*facepalm*

Anyways, I've redone this and checked the content matches up what I have on my local machine. This should be the correct links now

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24519694/ -> kodi.old.log
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24519699/ -> the accompanying crash log
I dont see anything obvious in the log,

Does it only happen with x265 videos?

Can you copy a movie/show to the local storage and see if you get the same result?
(2017-05-06, 14:43)helta Wrote: I dont see anything obvious in the log,

Does it only happen with x265 videos?

Can you copy a movie/show to the local storage and see if you get the same result?

I've tried local but same result. I don't know if I have any other x265 videos to give it a try, but does seem apparent the older video files don't seem to have this problem. Is there any other way around it? Or could there be any other problem?
Hi

I guess we're pretty much at the end point here, the problem seems to lie with the video codecs. Is there any way I can watch these videos on kodi, maybe converting said files or a setting within kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes when I play a video from my USB0