Rii mini i25 remote help
Hey guys..

So I have been using Jarvis for a long time, and been using this remote for a long time too. Everything was working after I finally found a set of instructions here in the forums about needing to replace/add a few files in the ~./kodi/userdata/keymaps folder (namely files called "keyboard.xml" and "mouse.xml". By updating/editing/adding these files, I was able to eliminate the obtrusive and annoying air mouse pointer, and all the buttons on the front face of the remote worked (back, stop, context menu, subtitles, etc).

I got a new SD card so I can dabble with Krypton without losing my existing set up. It's been a huge task getting things set up. I was originally using a keyboard so I could get things looking the way I wanted with the skin prior to tackling the remote. But now, here I am. I started by simply moving a copy of my edited keyboard/mouse files into the folder, but that didn't do any good. A lot of the navigation was messed up, and that mouse pointer still exists. So I downloaded the official keymap editor addon and tried to change the buttons with that. It worked for a lot of the buttons, but not the BACK button. It's giving me so much trouble.

The strange thing is, when I press the button I want to use as a back button, it's actually more like in Windows when you ALT+F4 to close a window. No matter what screen I'm in, it seems to want to close out to the root of that screen. Meaning, if I'm in 3 submenus of a radio addon, pressing it closes me back to the "radio addons" menu. I'm in Local Radio -> Search -> my zip -> and playing a station. I want to change it, so I would press BACK to go back to the list of other stations in my area. But instead, it takes me clear back to the addons menu. If I re-open the addon, it takes me right back to the zip code lists. It does this in my video library as well... going clear out rather than back 1 menu. It's almost like the BACK button may be double-clicking or something. If I flip the remote over and use the keyboard though, the BACKSPACE button only goes back 1 menu like it should. So I'm not sure why, when I have it remapped correctly, the button isn't working right. Has anybody had any experience with this in Krypton?

Something I noticed, after I moved in the modified keyboard/mouse files, Kodi renamed them to .old and created a "gen.xml" file. THIS file has the modified keymaps from when I used the keymap editor addon.. but doesn't have the mouse entries. I tried manually editing it to look like this, but it didn't help:

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="61630">stop</key>
            <key id="61654">contextmenu</key>
            <key id="61620">showsubtitles</key>
            <key id="65446">Back</key>
        </keyboard>
        <mouse>
            <key id="mousedrag">noop</key>
            <key id="mousemove">noop</key>
        </mouse>
    </global>
</keymap>

Can somebody help me? PLEASE?! Smile
Although I cannot really help you with all this, as it is a little too on the "expert" level for me, I do use the i25A with Krypton (and the Eminence skin), but I have not edited keyboard.xml and mouse.xml.
I have only used Keymap Editor to modify the functionality of some keys (Page Up = Krypton's home page, Page Down = the home page an add on I have), but it's frustrating that I cannot map that power key this remote has.

So, have you actually managed (at least in Jarvis) to completely disable the air mouse pointer ?
Because there is nothing more irritating with this remote, than the automatic waking up / re-enabling function of the mouse pointer after some time of inactivity, regardless of the fact that you have previously disabled it by clicking on the air mouse key.
I use the same remote on some libreelec setups.
You do not mention the OS you are using the remote with, but since you mention an sdcard i am going to assume you are using libreelec.

I did not have to do anything other than assign a home function to a button ( i choose the 'menu' button). I used the Keymap editor for this task. Done.

So...it seems to solve your main issue you can just map the home function. Let us know how it went.

Btw my rii25 does not wake up the mouse functions by itself. I had one that did...once...that went straight in the bin...
I just made a hwdb file for rii25 in libreelec
PHP Code:
###########################################################
# Rii i25
###########################################################
# i25 Remote

evdev:input:b0003v1997p1221*
keyboard:usb:v1997p1221*

KEYBOARD_KEY_090001=stop                       # Left Click: Stop

KEYBOARD_KEY_090002=back                       # Right Click: Back

KEYBOARD_KEY_0c018a=red                        # Mail: red

KEYBOARD_KEY_070065=green                      # Compose: green

KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0221=yellow                     # Search: yellow

KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0223=blue                       # Home: blue 

I have a separate xml for the mouse
mouse.xml
PHP Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <
mouse>
    <
leftclick></leftclick>
    <
mousedragend></mousedragend>
    <
rightclick></rightclick>
    <
mouserdragend></mouserdragend>
    <
mousemove>noop</mousemove>
    <
mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
    <
wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
    <
wheelup>noop</wheelup>
    </
mouse>
  </global>
  <
fullscreenvideo>
      <
mouse>
    <
leftclick></leftclick>
    <
mousedragend></mousedragend>
    <
rightclick></rightclick>
    <
mouserdragend></mouserdragend>
    </
mouse>
  </
fullscreenvideo>
</
keymap

The just map the red,green,yellow,blue to what you need
Red, yellow,green,blue?
Are we talking about the same remote? Dont think so.

I use this remote without any elaborate keymaps.
Same remote i just mapped the bottom 4 keys to red,green,yellow,blue like you'd see on a normal remote then map those colours to what i need
I'm sorry I never got back to this. After posting, I did a little more troubleshooting and figured out a working xml.

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="65446">back</key>
        </keyboard>
        <mouse>
            <leftclick>Select</leftclick>
            <rightclick>back</rightclick>
            <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
            <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
        </mouse>
    </global>
</keymap>

All I had to do was re-word the mouse bits. I had it originally using a "<key id>" format, which isn't how the MOUSE worked. Just moving the brackets around a bit and reworking it, I now have it working. So this file is called gen.xml and is located inside the /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ folder. What this does is program the bottom left button (mail letter icon) to STOP, 3-lines to CONTEXT MENU, hourglass to ACTIVATE SUBTITLES, and the bottom right button (house icon) to HOME. The rounded "back" button goes back a menu. This button is also picked up as a "RIGHT CLICK", so I had to map the mouse bits to say right click is BACK. The "bouncing" back button is used to (de)activate the air mouse. But, by setting "mousedrag" and "mousemove" to NOOP, that disables Kodi from recognizing input from it. The OK button is Select, but also LEFT CLICK, so I had to remap that too. Works perfectly now.

I just had to fix "<key id="mousedrag">noop</key>" to "<mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>" and it worked! I also had to add the button clicks to fix the back button. All good now! Hope it helps somebody!
(2017-04-24, 18:45)Atreyu Wrote: I use the same remote on some libreelec setups.

Btw my rii25 does not wake up the mouse functions by itself. I had one that did...once...that went straight in the bin...

Could please share with us what exactly the difference is (regarding the model maybe ?) between the one that did wake up the mouse function by itself and the other one that did / does not ?

Thanks in advance.
(2017-04-24, 19:38)komplex Wrote: Same remote i just mapped the bottom 4 keys to red,green,yellow,blue like you'd see on a normal remote then map those colours to what i need

Ah, i see.
(2017-04-25, 05:43)starkman Wrote:
(2017-04-24, 18:45)Atreyu Wrote: I use the same remote on some libreelec setups.

Could please share with us what exactly the difference is (regarding the model maybe ?) between the one that did wake up the mouse function by itself and the other one that did / does not ?

Thanks in advance.
Well, i think there may be different versions of the same model.
I have ordered many different remotes (this one, one called MX and some others).

When i ordered the same type remote some time later it would have some different 'properties'.
Have not yet received a rii25 that wakes the mouse functions, though. The mx did.
I think i am on my third Rii, really like that one...
Some info that may help others choose the right model of this (and other similar) air mouses / remotes.

I did not like my Riitek i25A ( this model: http://www.riitek.com/product/i25a.html ) waking up the mouse function by itself, so I sold it.

I bought the Rikomagic RKM MK705 ( http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/show...id_17.html ) which supposedly is a licensed clone of the older Riitek i25 model (be cautious RKM MK705 is a clone of the Riitek i25 and NOT of the newer Riitek i25A) and it works as it should, without waking up the mouse function unless I want to.

So a safe choice would be the Rikomagic RKM MK705
...and maybe the old Riitek i25

However the Riitek i25 model is very hard to find nowadays.

I can also see that Riitek has replaced the old Riitek i25 model with a Riitek i25 V02 but I have not used it so I do not know if this new V02 model has fixed the issue with the mouse function.
How did you get these keycodes?

Code:
           <key id="65446">Back</key>

I am trying to do something simular but when I try to determine the key codes I need using "showkey"  I am only getting 3 digit codes that don't work.  So, how did you get these?  Where are they listed?  How can i determine what keypress on my remote is what code?  Please help.  I have been trying for days to figure out how to get my remote to work and none of the documentation I can find is working.
You really helped me out here man!  I had no idea why my own XMLs weren't being used by Kodi.  THANK YOU!

Just trying to remap the power and search buttons now but at least I know where to start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rii mini i25 remote help1