Kodi's official DRM stance
Netflix working already in kodi 18.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Netflix runs on Kodi 18 Leia but only up to 720p, 1080p playback is very choppy due to some restrictions from widevine. Also many movies don't play in full HD. It would be nice if this would be supported by, say, using the (legal) dual-boot android system with Widevine level 1 already installed (but this could be totally impossible.)
(2017-11-01, 15:52)Gregoire Wrote: Netflix runs on Kodi 18 Leia but only up to 720p, 1080p playback is very choppy due to some restrictions from widevine. Also many movies don't play in full HD. It would be nice if this would be supported by, say, using the (legal) dual-boot android system with Widevine level 1 already installed (but this could be totally impossible.)

that is not true in general. Only depends on your hardware
(2017-11-01, 18:48)wsnipex Wrote:
(2017-11-01, 15:52)Gregoire Wrote: Netflix runs on Kodi 18 Leia but only up to 720p, 1080p playback is very choppy due to some restrictions from widevine. Also many movies don't play in full HD. It would be nice if this would be supported by, say, using the (legal) dual-boot android system with Widevine level 1 already installed (but this could be totally impossible.)

that is not true in general. Only depends on your hardware

Yes. Sorry. I own a s905x box with widevine level 1 in android.
Adding DRM support to KODI is a very smart move on the part of the XMBC Foundation.

Remove any ideological dilemma and see it for what it is in the most basic sense: a way to help protect KODI from the copyright trolls. Even if it never goes anywhere, at the very least, the KODI team can pass the buck and put the onus on the streaming platforms.

I would be absolutely thrilled to watch Netflix and Amazon without leaving KODI, but I'm not going to hold my breath for Amazon. They sell hardware and have a history of trying to control who/what plays their content.

Can anyone behind the scenes comment on what sort of feedback this news has generated with DRM-protected content providers (i.e. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc)?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi's official DRM stance43