Why so cluttered interface?
Isn't it basically just a skin issue, Confluence by default didn't have Movies and TV Shows, it just showed Videos. Movies and TV Shows were only added once the Library had been scraped. So the OP could simply use Confluence with Videos/Files to access their content. I don't really think anything needs changing other than the OP using a different skin.
Thank you "da-anda" for the constructive reply.
I totally agree that KODI currently is "built for people that are willing to create and maintain a long term ibrary". And it is built in such a way that it is not flexible enough to be used differently - something that I was trying to point out.

"FXB78" - no it is not a skin issue. If you use the Videos section the movie/show information is not displayed if you select the folder. You have to go inside the folder and select the file to have the information from the moviedb displayed which is very inconvenient if you have every video/show in a separate folder which usually is the case.

I do not think that making an option to list unscraped files in the list along with the other files with some default icon is so hard to implement. It can be optional and will also help the guys that want to maintain a long-term library to easier identify poorly named and/or organized files and fix them.
Implementing that to identify which movies are NOT scraped is not a good reason when missing movie scanner addon exists and works.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-01-16, 21:33)nickr Wrote: Implementing that to identify which movies are NOT scraped is not a good reason when missing movie scanner addon exists and works.
 Suggesting missing movie scanner is silly and totally unneeded to even begin with cause Kodi reports all the stuff it missed already.
It's called " even log"  and it's big HUGE button in settings.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
yes, it's in the event log Martijn, but this log is currently quite hidden. We unfortunately never spent more time on it and added the initially planned "notification center" like system based on the event log. I at least recall we talked about having this thing eventually.

@mcdr I know you're right now happy with Archos player, but in case you'd like to get your idea in and if you think you have the skillset (or are willing to learn it), please let us know and we're really happy to help and guide in any way. I'm myself not a software egineer (doing websites in PHP is far from it), but that also didn't stop me from learning some C++ and work on stuff that I wanted to see changed/fixed. But a fair warning in advance - scrapers might not be the easiest task to start with (ofc depending on your skill set).
You make some good points, certainly there is work to be done on the interface and making it simpler for the new user.

Our wiki guides can help a bit getting started but the ultimate aim is of course to simplify things _AND_ keep the advanced use cases such as nodes and smart playlists.

The skin can help a lot with these things.

But you are correct to point out that some are core code changes needed, which is why Martijn rightly points out the source code Smile Many developers will find it hard to make a big change like that though as it requires consensus and a deep knowledge of the internals of the codebase. Sometimes things like this cannot be changed as too many people get used to doing it a certain way.

All it takes is someone to propose a change with a pull request though, at least then people can have the discussion Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why so cluttered interface?2