Time to upgrade... 1080p w/ full HD audio bitstreaming + HVEC all in KODI
I wouldn't use a chromebox at all for a backend. Get a desktop/workstation machine that you can pack with sata hard drives. Disk IO is the king.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks Nickr,

It seems to work fine so far and is very light. I have a 9 bay Qnap for media so don't want another large machine running all the time for something as light as a DVR.
Well small update, I finally swapped out my Minix for the Mini MX V1 box running Libreelec and it's fantastic... big difference in speed, and so far it plays everything I've tried (that was problematic for my old box) so far.

Before the swap I also setup mysql on my media server for Libreelec/XBMC to save to, along with detailed sources.xml, etc so I can keep the same config throughout other boxes if I add more.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out yet is, how to take the watched status of the old box and put it on the new box... Apparently exporting the library is supposed to do this, and I did that but it didn't work. Not a huge deal I suppose but would have been nice to have the work out of the box.

Only thing I wasn't happy with about the box, it came with a laughably short HDMI (didn't need it) and power cable, which for my situation doesn't work so I will have to extend the power cable. Not sure what they were thinking when they thought short cables were fine, but I guess that is China for you.

Either way for about $55 USD I'm very happy so far, thanks again for the discussion!..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time to upgrade... 1080p w/ full HD audio bitstreaming + HVEC all in KODI0