Kodi and NextPVR Channels
Hi there, I have setup Kodi and NextPVR using a Hauppage quad TV tuner. I just set it up following the instructions I found on howtogeek.com and I noticed that in the NextPVR interface my channels are normal like 2.1, 2.2, 4.1, 4.2, etc. but in Kodi the channels are totally out of order like 2,22,4,42, etc. Any ideas on how do I fix this?

Thank you!
In the PVR and Live TV settings (Kodi 17 - I think in 16 it was called Live TV) look in the general section. There are options for use channel order and use channel numbers from backend. If you enable both those I think that will get you both the channel numbers and order you see when in NextPVR.
All I see under General is option to Synchronize channel groups with backend and it's turned on.
(2017-04-27, 06:36)ComputerSnack Wrote: All I see under General is option to Synchronize channel groups with backend and it's turned on.
See the setting called 'Use channel numbers from backend'

You may need to switch to 'advanced mode' to see this setting.
How do I switch to advanced mode?
I found it. Advanced mode worked and allowed me to see that setting. Once I turned it on worked like a charm. I was surprised that it isn't turned on by default.
What are you using NextPVR on,what Windows,I have had so many problems with it,I don't think NextPVR likes Windows 10 Pro..??
AVer Media DVB-T USB2.0 X2 ( 2 Tuners) and MXQ PRO G9CX(for TV only) With Kodi 17.1 Krypton running Windows Media Center and ServerWMC on Windows 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.138.

I love Kodi,been using it for years when it was called Xbox Media Center (XBMC),I still have it on my Xbox Original.I still have the first version on it.

Kodi is "Helpful" in a lot of ways..:)
(2017-04-28, 12:03)spannernick1 Wrote: What are you using NextPVR on,what Windows,I have had so many problems with it,I don't think NextPVR likes Windows 10 Pro..??
All the development for NextPVR is actually done on Win 10 Pro, so you shouldn't be encountering problems with it not liking Win 10.
I've had okay luck...except for the EPG not updating, but I read I need to change time from 2AM. I am also looking to enhance the guide with more info...see my other post.
Ok so the channels are now working, and I even have my tv remote working now...woohoo. One issue I noticed is when I want to manually enter channel number like 2.1 it won't let me type in the dot, it seems to only accept integers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and NextPVR Channels0