• 67(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
Guys, this addon works with kodi v19 matrix on my old mibox 3.
this works on android tv too??

so i imagine this schemes

I am interested to know if there is any way to synchronize the audio with yeelight of the following schemes:

1. From my android tv with yeelight by means of some token with the yeelight music function so that I can reproduce the audio of the television synchronized with the movement of the colored lights of my yeelight led strip and my yeelight rgb bulb.

2. From the spotify app installed on my tv, I can reproduce the colors synchronized with the spotify music through some token between spotify and yeelight music.

3. Reproduce the colors from my yeelight led strip and my yeelight rgb bulb synchronized with the sound of my amazon echo dot, using the yeelight skill in amazon.

4. On my android tv I can connect via bluetooth the audio output with my amazon echo dot to listen to music, is there any way to synchronize this sound with the yeelight lights?

(2017-04-26, 08:39)User 325245 Wrote: http://projects.lanik.org/KodiProject_YeeMee.htm

YeeMee addon

This addon controls Xiaomi Yeelight from Kodi. It is possible to set addon to turn on/off light(s) on video start, stop or pause. Also you can specify whether to turn it on/off immediately or smoothly and specify time in which to perform the transition (is smooth transition specified). You can also specify light color for all operation(s) individually as well as light intensity in percent.

If option is stop (video stopped), you can set to return to previous state (if it was on it will return to on if it was off it will return to off).

Advanced features allow you to specify time-frame i.e. turn lights on/off only between 10pm and 7am, and you can also disable light activation/deactivation for videos shorter than specified time.

You can set up to 4 YeeLights, and each can be set and controlled individually, i.e. different operation, color and intensity.

There is also Ambi option, so 1 or more Yeelights can be used as ambi lights during video play.

In order to install it, first install my REPO: Lanik Repo

Then install add-on, and configure it:

First set up how many Yeelights you have (1-4). Then set IP address for each Yeelight. There is an option to automatically search for bulbs but it doesn't work every time. Try it several times if it doesn't work. Eventually it will find the bulbs Smile DO NOT FORGET TO TURN ON THE DEVELOPER MODE ON THE BULBS! Finally, set actions and options (color, transition, effect, brightness) for play, pause and stop.

This should work on all platforms. Any comments welcome.

Like addon Facebook page!

If it does not work on Android AMLogic Boxes, you just need to disable hardware decoding..... (all 3 options) i.e. for Jarvis: settings -> video -> acceleration,  or Krypton: settings -> player -> video on Krypton

RENDER CAPTURE DEBUGGING:

For RenderCapture debug (to see if screen capturing is working at all - i.e. Ambi function not working):

* In YeeMee settings, first set only 1 bulb (not necessary, but best for testing) and set "use as YeeMee Ambi" to "whole screen".
* Set, under "Ambi Options", "Ambi precision" to "Ultra High"
* Under "Testing" tab, set "Debug Render Capture" to "on"

Now, once you play a video, this will create JPEG image captures in your TEMP folder (please google where that is in Kodi), small JPG image files. These files should be CAPTURED screenshots of the movie played. Just open them and you will see either black/white pictures or the actual screens from your played movie. There will be many since naming is bulb IP - date-time, they should be sorted by bulb and then time. If capture works, you should get small thumbnails of your played video. If you just get black JPGs, then it doesn't work....

After debug, these JPGs are safe to delete. Just don't forget to turn off this option since it will keep creating JPGs until you run out of space

Video demo and tutorials on Youtube:

Control Lights from Kodi and Ambilight effect with Yeelight bulbs

Configuring bulbs in YeeMee addon for Kodi

Donate Here

mod edit - as the author has closed his account and deleted his repo, this addon is no longer supported or available
(2021-02-22, 17:41)earthloon1998 Wrote: Guys, this addon works with kodi v19 matrix on my old mibox 3.

Apology as it just turn on the first color shoen when the movie start and that's it. It's not changing afterwards.
Big Grin 
(2021-02-22, 17:41)earthloon1998 Wrote: Guys, this addon works with kodi v19 matrix on my old mibox 3
confirmed working  Cool
thanks
My Kodi updated automatically for version 19 and it says the add on Yeemee is not compatible with this version and it was disabled. 
It is a pity because it worked well with Kodi 18. Any solution?

Thx
(2021-03-06, 01:04)Kenichi Wrote: My Kodi updated automatically for version 19 and it says the add on Yeemee is not compatible with this version and it was disabled. 
It is a pity because it worked well with Kodi 18. Any solution?

Thx

Take v5 here
https://thirdparty.yeelight.com/topics/2...ight-addon
sadly it seems i cant get ambilight to work at all with my mi box s with kodi 19 and yeelight celling20. sadly only ceeling4 is available in the options and im getting an error when testing the bulb itself (even though at least turning them on or off seems to work) any ideas whats missing?
It work well with Matrix version.
But there's a little procedure to follow
You have to install Kodi 17 (Krypton version), configure your lights in this version.
Then upgrade your Kodi to Kodi 18 (Leia version) and finally upgrade to Matrix.
You can keep the yeemee folders located in addon_data and addons to another Kodi folder.
For me, for example, I configured yeemee addon in a Kodi test. Then i pasted the two folders in my active Kodi.
Now all work perfectly.
thanks for the tip. when i have some time i will spin up a linux vm and try getting it to work with kodi17. hope this gets fixed soon though since this seems rather cumbersome
yeah sadly same error with a fresh vm and kodi17. seems the addon just does not support celling20 lamps
(2020-04-22, 05:05)9millygilly Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for the addon. I am using the Color 1S bulbs with Kodi 18.6. Will these bulbs always be a washed-out white color on dark scenes? (I am streaming video btw) Also is there a way to make the light a bit more dim while playing? I have brightness bias setting at 0. Thanks guys
Hi, is the white color on dark scenes issue fixed?
Is there a way to get this t work with hardware acceleration? Most recent movies need this....
Doesn't even try to find my bulbs, it gives error instantly
Hello,

is this Addon under Libreelec not working?

Kodi 19.3 on Mac OS Catalina
Start Kodi = lights go on
Exit Kodi = lights go off
Videos = Ambilight works

Latest Libreelec Stable Generetic x86
Start LE = light go on with a delay
Shutdown LE = lights dont go off
Videos = Ambilight dont work

May some People use this Addon under Libreelec and can help me or the Author can help here

Regards
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2