nfo watched state updater
just to update, i got it to work by adding     
cpp:
<jsonrpc>
    <compactoutput>false</compactoutput>
    <tcpport>9090</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>
to the advancedsettings.xml the settings was already setup the exact same in the plugin and the controls was turned on. however the default http port is 80 so i tried to change it in the addon but it didnt work. after adding the above with 9090 back to the addon, it worked.
Great that is working now.

Others will be able to solve it now if they have a problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just saw this thread and it seems like a great idea. Installed fine and worked straight away, as I already had the dependent settings in place. However...

Although watched status is updated I note something fishy with respect to the last played date, which presumably should be today if I just watched the media file.

Here's an extract from the nfo of a video I have watched and later did an Kodi export:

<playcount>1</playcount>
<lastplayed>2018-05-01</lastplayed>

Here is what an unwatched video nfo looks like:

<playcount>0</playcount>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>

Here is what the above looks like after I watched the video and this addon did its thing:

<playcount>1</playcount>
<lastplayed/>

I don't know that this would necessarily cause a problem, per se, but it's not ideal...

Cheers,
Robert
(2018-05-07, 01:21)WildPhydeaux Wrote: Here is what the above looks like after I watched the video and this addon did its thing:
<playcount>1</playcount>
<lastplayed/>

(2018-05-06, 06:14)Karellen Wrote: It would be great if it also added <lastplayed></lastplayed> date

Yes I got the same when I tested. I don't know if this add-on is being maintained anymore, but it would be a nice addition, especially as the two tags usually go hand in hand.

I'll move this thread to the Service Add-on forum and adjust the title slightly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
FYI, further to my earlier comment, I looked more closely at an nfo file affected by the addon and found a number of tags that had similar non-valid changes. I don't have one in front of me now but same sort of issue as above, single malformed tags:

<something/>

Also note that after uninstalling the addon it continued to work until I removed its section from userdata and rebooted.

I hope the originator of the addon updates it because it has merit and could well be useful, but not in its current state with Kodi Krypton.

Cheers,
Robert
Tried the settings listed here and can't get it to work.  Had it working for a few minutes yesterday (go figure Huh ) now it's a no go on Leia.  Shame...a great addon!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-05-05, 02:59)Karellen Wrote: Yes it re-writes the NFO Files completely if you choose Overwrite Existing Files, but if you don't choose that option, then you won't get the required information exported if a NFO File already exists for that movie

Why is overwriting the NFO File such a bad thing. This point seems to be so misunderstood by so many members.

You used the Ember created NFO Files to populate the library. That means that Kodi has imported the information from the Ember NFO File into the Library. So the Library data is the same as the NFO Data. So, except for some dynamic tags like Watched, PlayCount and a few others that are more system data than user data, then the data that it exports will be the same as the original Ember nfo.

Plus you get NFO Files that are up to date and correctly formatted. See for yourself, compare an Ember (or TMM or MediaElch or any other manager) NFO file to the one Kodi generated and see the difference. And be aware that Kodi is always updating its scanning and scraping processes, so if your NFO Files are a few years old then incompatabilities creep in, and some tags and data are no longer imported.
I have read this several times and unfortunately I am not quite sure I get the disadvantage of overwriting the files. If exporting a library saves the watched state, if you do not overwrite your NFO files, it would appear the watched state does not get updated. Hence it would seem the thing to do is overwrite them. The only negative I would see if you had a NFO file you HAD NOT imported first, you would lose that; or overwriting takes a bit more time.

What am I missing? Why not overwrite them?
For a standard setup, there is no disadvantage to overwriting your nfo files. My post you quoted was not meant to imply that there was any disadvantage. Quite the opposite.

Many members seem to have a strange understanding of NFO Files and their uses.
My Signature
Great, thank you very much for the clarification!
Any chance someone with the sills could look at this and possibly make it a workable/reliable service.  I have zero skills, but really like thisas I imagine a lot of other users do as well.  Thanks!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
please?
Hi ! sorry to dig out this old post but I have just updated kodi from 18.9 to 19.3 on my nvidia shield and my addon nfo-watchedstate-updater don't work anymore... I would like to know if there is any other addon that could do the same thing (eg. update ONLY the watchedstate info in the nfo of the video that has just been read.) because i use the nfo to keep track of the watched movie and it take a hella time to check all the database (plus i'm not the only user so i can't be on guard duty all time).

thanks in advance!
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
(2021-12-20, 02:25)Levi59 Wrote: .. I would like to know if there is any other addon that could do the same thing
Try the Metadata Editor... https://kodi.tv/addons/matrix/script.metadata.editor
The Github Wiki page states it can be enabled to update watched states
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nfo watched state updater0