• 19(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
(2017-10-13, 19:25)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-10-13, 18:38)g13drius Wrote: Hi!

I have a problem. YeeMee works for me in PC, but it does not in my Philips android TV. The reason why is 'could not connect to repository' when trying to install addon form repository (btw. same error msg with others addons). Tried almost everything. Internet service provider is not blocking repository. But I did install one addon directly from .zip file (not repository from .zip, but addon directly (without connecting to repository)). So maybe you guys could help me and add YeeMee addon directly to .zip file? Would be graceful for doing that. Cheers!

P.S. Will be waiting for answer Smile

http://kodi.lanik.org/_repo/service.yeem...ee-3.4.zip
It works! Thank you very much!
(2017-09-23, 10:53)Zwick Wrote: DaLanik - your work is superb thank you.
I do however have a small issue.
On first play it seems my settings are ignored.
I have play set to a blue colour, pause to red and stop to a neutral white.
When i play the first time with any video it sets the colour to 80% slighly cool white (not what i set), when i pause and it goes red then when i play again it goes to the blue colour I selected.

Cant for the life of me work out why its being ignored on first play.
Doesnt matter what i set (besides off, that works) my settings are ignored.

Any thoughts?
Dalibore svaka čast na ovome Smile
Baš čekam yeelight strip da mi dodje i naletim na ovo..covjece..saljem bar za pivu cim isprobam.

Hvala
English only or add English translation to post please.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
YeeMee transitions of color is not smooth enough, at least when one light source is on like my setup.

Is there a way to become smoother? Even with 90ms on settings the effect is sudden.

This is a dealbreaker for me, and I assume there is a way to fix. If you believe not, what are the shortcomings?

Thank you anyway for creating this plugin that is so plug and play!
(2017-10-18, 07:19)ageorgios Wrote: YeeMee transitions of color is not smooth enough, at least when one light source is on like my setup.

Is there a way to become smoother? Even with 90ms on settings the effect is sudden.

This is a dealbreaker for me, and I assume there is a way to fix. If you believe not, what are the shortcomings?

@ageorgios

I noticed you posted a message, then immediately posted it again in the form of a quote. I have been noticing this happening quite a bit the last few days throughout the forum.

Is there some operations that is potentially confusing to new users when posting a messge?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-18, 07:19)ageorgios Wrote: YeeMee transitions of color is not smooth enough, at least when one light source is on like my setup.

It must be fast in order to follow the screen changes... I simply can't see a way to make it "smooth" without it lagging
(2017-10-17, 23:07)llonca13 Wrote: Dalibore svaka čast na ovome Smile
Baš čekam yeelight strip da mi dodje i naletim na ovo..covjece..saljem bar za pivu cim isprobam.
Hvala
-translation-
thank you alot Dalibor Smile
I was waiting for my strip light to come and found this..woow...thank you
(2017-10-18, 12:08)llonca13 Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 23:07)llonca13 Wrote: Dalibore svaka čast na ovome Smile
Hvala
-translation-
thank you alot Dalibor Smile
I was waiting for my strip light to come and found this..woow...thank you

Hope it works fine for you, enjoy Smile
(2017-10-18, 07:23)Karellen Wrote: @ageorgios

I noticed you posted a message, then immediately posted it again in the form of a quote. I have been noticing this happening quite a bit the last few days throughout the forum.

Is there some operations that is potentially confusing to new users when posting a messge?

I must have pressed the reply button instead of edit message,
I originally wanted to edit the message, so I edited the reply message without noticing it is into quotes
A new user does not know that there is an interface for inline editing so it is easy to be confused.
Although if you learn about the inline editing you dont make the same mistake again
(2017-10-18, 08:39)DaLanik Wrote:

It must be fast in order to follow the screen changes... I simply can't see a way to make it "smooth" without it lagging

Which lag is longer between these?
kodi computational lag -> wifi communication lag -> yeelight computation -> color transition lag

Some users find the sudden color change more disturbing than the small inaccuracy/lag of the color change. Maybe you should consider giving a choice to users maybe by increasing the YeeSmoothen value options to 120 maybe 180?
(2017-10-18, 16:35)ageorgios Wrote:
(2017-10-18, 08:39)DaLanik Wrote:

Which lag is longer between these?
kodi computational lag -> wifi communication lag -> yeelight computation -> color transition lag

Some users find the sudden color change more disturbing than the small inaccuracy/lag of the color change. Maybe you should consider giving a choice to users maybe by increasing the YeeSmoothen value options to 120 maybe 180?

I'd say Kodi computational, there can be lag in WiFi, depending how many devices you have connected (not onlyYeelights but all clients), but capture of screen and computation of color must be fast in order to keep up with rapid scene changes....

Yes, it shouldn't be a problem to increase it, I remember testing long time ago when I implemented this and deciding on 90ms because all higher values looked weird. But I will retest and I can increase if that helps...
Since there were no complaints, I'm updating the latest version from the test repo to regular repo...

v3.5
- Option to turn off lights at Kodi exit
- Option for turn on lights at Kodi start to only turn on if in time-frame
- Option "Return to original state" on video stop
- Bug fix when Ambi and standard service used together - on stop event didn't work
- Couple of typos fixed
Facebook page
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2