• 4(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
Exactly DaLanik. Well, you could try to "overload" your network or maybe create a Wi-Fi hotspot for a GSM connection. I may be able to test that.

There's another feature I'd like to suggest: an option to choose "active days" (weekdays, weekend, everyday). What do you think?

Thanks again.
Unfortunately, HasDuration doesn't return anything in my tests. But neither does "VideoPlayer.Duration", which is good - because if VideoPlayer.Duration is empty, it means it is a real live stream Smile
v2.2
- Disable for live streams

in test repo.
Hi Lanik,

I have finally had time to play around with your "service-start" and "service-stop" action commands.
They work just fine! Thank you!

Right now, when i use the addon://home/addons/service.yeemee/standalone.py,service-start or stop command in CinemaVision it enables or disables the service BUT it shows me the yeemee addon settings page which i have to click away by hitting "OK"
Would it be possible to somehow send the service-start command in a "stealthy" way, so that it doesnt show the addon settings page?

If someone is using LibreELEC, the proper path to run any action would be: "addon://storage/.kodi/addons/service.yeemee/standalone.py,testyee1"
Just so that other people dont have to figure that out Wink

I also have a strange problem with your addon. I have set an "on video play" action in your addon. The settings are:
Action: On
Level: 10
Color HEX Code: #cc9000
Effect: Smooth
Transition duration: 2000ms

#cc9000 is a warm white color tone.
When i start a movie, the bulb immediately goes to Level:1000 and shows a very very cold white.

I also use a dimmed red color as a video pause action. So after the movie starts, the bulb goes full level cold white, then i hit pause, the bulb goes to red as expected, when i hit play again, the bulb goes to my wanted warm white at level 10.

Please tell me if you need just a debug log of this happening or if i should enable any other component specific debugging options beside the video component.

Thanks again for all the work on this great addon!
The settings popup shouldn't be a problem to solve it is overlook on my side. Ill have a look at the color problem. But i am working on something much more difficult right now... will post the details soon... if it works itll be really cool... Smile so just patience Smile

Sent from my N7100
Okay, thanks, patience it is :-)
2587614 (post)
Wow, that stuff is really cool, already building a dedicated ambilight so unfortunately no use for this. But you did a great job!
I am planning on getting a dedicated ambilight as wel, but I still may use yeelight(s) for additional lighting Wink
v2.3
- Bug fix when more then 3 bulbs

Finally installed the strip and found the bug when you have 3 devices Smile
Hi, thank you for the great add-on.
Is it necessary to reset the bulb for discovery?
I have the bulb linked with other apps as well, will it be affected?
I just can't get my bulb discovered even though I had switched on the developer mode.
Hello,

Nope, if you see it in Yeelight App, it should be discoverable. From my experience, MiHome app is not compatible with Yeelight app, so if you use MiHome you have to rediscover and maybe reset bulbs if you switch to Yeelight app. But if you see bulbs from Yeelight you should see them from my addon.

The easiest way is to assign them static IP adresses (reservation) on your router and just add them manually to YeeMee addon, if discovery doesn't work. In my experience the discovery from YeeMee works only sometmes. Sometimes I try 3 times in a row and it works, sometimes it takes 10 tries to discover. (from my Addon, not the Yeelight app!!)
Hi DaLanik,

i just wanted to thank you for your hard work on this. i have just ordered 3 Yeelight lamps myself. i am trying to make my space as automated as possible. i like the IFTTT service a lot (i hope they could do AND cases though) and when i saw that these cheap lights support IFTTT... it was a deal for me. then i looked for a way to connect my Kodi with these lamps and here you are!

i am planning (if everything goes well and the lights arrive) to install one of the 3 lamps on my ceiling and use it as an ambilight for Kodi through your application (hopefully). i am thinking of using the other two at the left and right of my tv if you manage to make this thing work Smile

also i saw that you two are planning on buying a dedicated ambilight system. can you please tell me what the best value-for-money option is?

thank you
Ted
I'm kinda stuck with ambilight right now, can't get to set music mode on either lamp or the LED strip, will try resetting everything and see how it goes...

As for the real ambilight, since I am more softare than hardware persion, decided not to build one, even though that is probably the best option... this one is cheaper than the rest : Dreamscreen but they'll have a new version soon so I'm waiting to see how it goes Smile
i gave a look at the screenbloom but philips hue's price is a joke.

hopefully you will get the answer to your problems soon Smile your ambilight project video looks very promising

(fingers crossed)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2