• 58(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
Up ? (return to previous state question in my previous post, somewhat the same as @unacceptable asked)
Hi DaLanik, All
i use yeemee for a long time now, it's a great tool!!
Since a couple of days, i meet a problem with video playback (nvidia shield and last version of Kodi).

Video with framerate at 23,9hz is stuttering and so, unreadable. I find that if i disable Ambi service of Yeemee, videos are back smooth.
Is there a bug ?

Do you need more information ?

Regards!
(2019-04-09, 10:52)stban1983 Wrote: Hi DaLanik, All
Since a couple of days, i meet a problem with video playback (nvidia shield and last version of Kodi).

Video with framerate at 23,9hz is stuttering and so, unreadable. I find that if i disable Ambi service of Yeemee, videos are back smooth.
Is there a bug ?

Regards!

did you upgrade Kodi or installed anything new when it started happening?
Just one question. How is it possible that you guys can use this addon without hardware acceleration. If i turn hardware acceleration off on my Nvidia Shield, it is not possible to play a video higher then 720p? It must be enbaled to play any video higher then 720p.
(2019-04-10, 08:55)DaLanik Wrote:
(2019-04-09, 10:52)stban1983 Wrote: Hi DaLanik, All

Is there a bug ?

Regards!

did you upgrade Kodi or installed anything new when it started happening? 
Maybe an update from the ShieldTV.
I use Kodi 18.1, build 2019/03/11
(2019-04-10, 10:36)chkdsk Wrote: Just one question. How is it possible that you guys can use this addon without hardware acceleration. If i turn hardware acceleration off on my Nvidia Shield, it is not possible to play a video higher then 720p? It must be enbaled to play any video higher then 720p.

MmmMMm what is your problem when you play video higer than 720p ? Is it stuttering ? Have you try to change the framerate to 60hz ?
(2019-04-11, 10:14)stban1983 Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 10:36)chkdsk Wrote: Just one question. How is it possible that you guys can use this addon without hardware acceleration. If i turn hardware acceleration off on my Nvidia Shield, it is not possible to play a video higher then 720p? It must be enbaled to play any video higher then 720p.

MmmMMm what is your problem when you play video higer than 720p ? Is it stuttering ? Have you try to change the framerate to 60hz ? 

I have an Nvidia Shield TV. And for that running addon, it is necessary to turn off hardware acceleration right? But when i do that, i cant play videos higher than 720p. All movies, even 1080p are stuttering like hell. Some 4k movies quit immediately. It doesn't matter which kodi version i choose. Most movies are h264 or h265. so i cant use the yeemee addon. Any solutions for that? Nvidia Shield TV and Kodi are running on 60Hz
(2019-04-11, 11:11)chkdsk Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 10:14)stban1983 Wrote:

I have an Nvidia Shield TV. And for that running addon, it is necessary to turn off hardware acceleration right? But when i do that, i cant play videos higher than 720p. All movies, even 1080p are stuttering like hell. Some 4k movies quit immediately. It doesn't matter which kodi version i choose. Most movies are h264 or h265. so i cant use the yeemee addon. Any solutions for that? Nvidia Shield TV and Kodi are running on 60Hz 

Yes you need to turn off HW acceleration but it should work with Full HD and 4K videos. On my shield, it has always work since a few week. (see my post below)
Are you sur that movies are play @60hz ? add full hd@60hz resolution to your white liste in kodi
(2019-04-11, 11:52)stban1983 Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 10:14)stban1983 Wrote: MmmMMm what is your problem when you play video higer than 720p ? Is it stuttering ? Have you try to change the framerate to 60hz ?  

Yes you need to turn off HW acceleration but it should work with Full HD and 4K videos. On my shield, it has always work since a few week. (see my post below)
Are you sur that movies are play @60hz ? add full hd@60hz resolution to your white liste in kodi 
can you post or send me a screenshot of your settings? I would really appreciate it.
(2019-04-11, 12:40)chkdsk Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 11:11)chkdsk Wrote: I have an Nvidia Shield TV. And for that running addon, it is necessary to turn off hardware acceleration right? But when i do that, i cant play videos higher than 720p. All movies, even 1080p are stuttering like hell. Some 4k movies quit immediately. It doesn't matter which kodi version i choose. Most movies are h264 or h265. so i cant use the yeemee addon. Any solutions for that? Nvidia Shield TV and Kodi are running on 60Hz  

can you post or send me a screenshot of your settings? I would really appreciate it. 

I just remembered, if i disable hardware acceleration , is it possible to play 4k hdr movies as well?
(2019-04-11, 10:14)stban1983 Wrote: MmmMMm what is your problem when you play video higer than 720p ? Is it stuttering ? Have you try to change the framerate to 60hz ?  

I did a test at home. Without hardware acceleration it is not possible to play a 4k movie. In settings I have choosen 1080p 60hz
I think it's (was) working for me, but no HDR if you don't use hardware acceleration
On my old AMlogic 905 box it is possible to play 1080 videos... I never play 4K.... LibreELEC... Kodi 17.x
I still have the issue with a ShieldTV. With yeemee ambilight service activate, videos are unplayable @ 24hz.
Any ideas?
Hi DaLanik  !
First, your piece of software seems very nice !

I'm a Vero4k box user with stripe yeelight: I can't set all parameters in addon it's seems to be **ked up:
Iit works only on start of a movie with static light and it turns off when stoping the movie: I can't change this behavior at all : i.e. no ambilight : only static.

I will try to disable hardware acceleration but as i mostly play 4K HEVC / x265 movies, it's not a viable solution. any idea ?
I saw earlier I can edit settings.xml in addon directory.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2