Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
(2017-11-05, 22:21)TeDeV Wrote: i reconfigured everything from the start. it is working just fine now. i checked the ambilight new options.

what's the ambi precision? (if i had to guess it would be how accurate the color is.... but what do we "earn" from each option there? i mean should i set it to ultra high?)

is the smoother ambi effect best when it is on 90 or is it just me?

what are the controllers? and why can we set many?

(i know what the controller URLs are, i asked for them Smile ) 

this new version seems to be working much better. great work man

OK, I'm glad it's working. I just tested on Win and Android and to me also seems it's working fine. Now the questions Smile

Ambi precision (decided to call it that) is pretty complex. You get the picture from Kodi. And you process it, count the colors, get the average color, brightness etc. This picture is ofcourse NOT in native resolution, because it would take too much time to process full HD image, and there are like 24 a second Smile So, you request the image in smaller size. The examples I saw were like 16 pixels wide. Excellent for fast processing. So the image, in scaling is losing information. It has some algorithm to compensate for the color etc. But how much can we trust that algorithm? Info is lost in all cases. Best would be if we could process full image, but that would take too much time. I think the theory here is the bigger the image, the closer to original it is. So this option sets the processed image's size in pixels, wide. You can lower it if there are speed problems. I woudn't expect earth shattering results with Ultra high setting compared to Regular. But it should be precise.

I was very sceptical on smoothen option, but couple of weeks ago I tested it and it looked better. From what I tried even 100-120 is good.

Controllers are for my own use, I have tablet that controls the Yeelights. It has several screens, one with on off switches for all lights and second for remote control of Kodi (just widget from Yatse). These controller options send command to tablet so it switches screen from switches to kodi control, when you play a movie (also there is a nice poster of the movie etc). I get it by Tasker and execute command.

Messages In This Thread
RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - by User 325245 - 2017-11-05, 23:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2