Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
(2017-12-29, 00:37)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-12-28, 23:40)primitivereason Wrote: Hi DaLanik, I've been using your add-on for the past few days since I got my Yeelights. I noticed a considerable lag between the colours on the screen and the Yeelights when the ambilight option is on. Also, while one of the lamps responds with the correct colors, the other doesn't. Is this caused by a hardware limitation, or is it a software issue? It might have something to do with the screen capture. Hyperion uses a frame grabber resolution of 64x64 pixels for a Raspberry Pi 3 based ambilight system. Maybe the frame capture resolution is set too high on your addon. 

I am trying to combine my RasPi ambilight with my HTPC and the Yeelights, but it's been a hard road so far. I hope I can help and that you can help me too. You did that already by developing this amazing addon! Wink
 I don't know, I only know my setup which is pretty average and from both Android box and PC I don't have delay. It is probably caused by network.

Can you put both lamps to the same setup? I.e. whole screen for both lamps? There is an option to help you see what is grabbed. It is under testing->debug render capture. This will create small jpg files in the temp folder of EXACTLY what is grabbed from screen. BE carefull though, this only creates files and can fill up your disk/storage pretty quickly Smile So after test don't forget to delete the files. There should be separate file for EACH bulb, named as IP adress of the bulb.

You can specify resoulution for capture. It is not too high, on my cheap 25$ Android tv box it works just fine with highest setting. But you can lower it in settings.  
Both lamps are connected with the same setup, with ambi precision set to "ultra high" for the screen capture (before it was at "regular" which is the lower setting and was still giving off a lag and a color error). 

After seeing the images captured, I noticed that my first lamp (192.168.1.31) is capturing a negative image of the video, and the second one is right (.32). 

See it here:
https://imgur.com/a/iAwqS

https://imgur.com/a/6V3v1

Messages In This Thread
RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - by primitivereason - 2017-12-30, 14:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2