Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
(2018-01-01, 19:57)primitivereason Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 18:12)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 14:30)primitivereason Wrote: I have just turned off the debug render capture option and my Yeelights are now both with the right color.  Huh  There is still a bit of a lag in comparison with my Hyperion+Raspberry Pi based ambilight system. I use the Pi to control a LED strip around the TV through Hyperion. Image is captured through a program running in windows (independent from Kodi). 

Also, would it be possible to turn the YeeMee ambilight always on, to always capture the screen instead of having it only work when videos are playing?
 That is strange. The capture is Kodi function, not much I can do about it Smile

I don't understand what you want - to capture even Kodi interface? That is not possible, because render capture works only when video is played.... At least I thijnk so. But maybe someone from Kodi Team can correct me?  
I'll explain what I meant, even if there's no possibility to do it. I have an homemade Ambilight system powered by a Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC and Hyperion server installed in it. Hyperion captures the whole screen and reflects it to the LEDs. I was wondering if it could be done also with your addon.

I also feed my Kodi and Windows image from my HTPC to my Raspberry with the Hyperion Addon through the network, and have a image in system with a rca capture usb stick connected to the Pi, a HDMI splitter, HDMI-RCA converter and a HDMI switch. With that I am able to have ambilight also with games and external image sources.

About the capture, maybe by reducing the captured image's resolution we could decrease the lag between image and LED. It should work, in theory, by reducing the size of the image processed. For example, my ambi system captures only 64x64 pixels for the external sources. 

If it would work, it would be an amazing way to combine both systems, the LEDs behind the TV and the Yeelights producing an 360 ambilight system. That is my goal. There has been some movement towards that in the Hyperion headquarters, but almost no one knows or has an Yeelight yet, and my Python knowledge is yet not good enough to fiddle with that. 

Also, it would be amazing to have an option on your addon to turn off the lights when the system is turned off. Whenever I shutdown my HTPC, the lights stay on and I have to turn them off with the switch. Not a problem, but it would be cool to have. 

If you want to check out the hyperion forum, go here: https://hyperion-project.org/threads/xia...ution.529/

I am cmvac over there! Wink 
No, reducing the image wouldn't help. It works fine just the way it is. And it is lower than 64x64, I think it goest from 16x16. Processing isn't the problem, it is your network. There will always be small delay. If you set the quality to lowest, it is 16x16, so you see it makes no difference. Even of you set it to highest, it will work just fine because processing is not a problem.

If it doesn't turn off the lights than it probably can't because the system is shutting down and it didn't manage to send the command to the bulbs. But there is an option to do just that - "turn off at Kodi exit". but there is no guarantee it will work because as I said the system is shutting down and it might kill my addon.

I still don't understand what you are trying to acomplish with hyperion? This addon also takes video capture and is able to send color parts of screen to certain bulbs, ofcourse not as much as hyperion, first of all because there's no need - you won't be using 250 Yeelight bulbs Smile but just a few. Come to think of it maybe you have bigger lag because both YeeMee and Hyperion are doing the same thing?

Messages In This Thread
RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - by User 325245 - 2018-01-01, 23:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2