Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
(2018-01-10, 14:12)DaLanik Wrote: Yes, that seems correct.

Reset could help. Server is not important, since we are accessing the blubs (strip) localy, via LAN. 

Hey again. Yesterday evening I did some testing again.

Music Mode with App
When I came home, suddenly my strips were offline in the Yeelight app. Strange thing is, they still worked within Domoticz and Kodi (normal operation).
So I decided to reset the strips and reconfig them in the app. Suddenly the strips werent able to find my normal WiFi network, but only my Guest network. Both are on the same router and in the same ip range, both have 2.4ghz  (normal network also 5ghz) so thats really strange.
Anyway, I connected them to the guest network and made sure in the router that the ip's were static again. They didnt even change anyway, but just to be sure I resetted that aswell.

So I tested music mode. It worked immediately, but my phone was connected with my normal network.
I couldnt get music mode to work when I was connected with my normal network, but also the strips didnt work in Domoticz and Kodi anymore. Then it hit me that the Guest network disables intranet acccess, so after enabling that all works !
Music mode works from the app, no matter what network my phone is in. 

Testing the yeemee addon

So, after that I did some tests again with the addon. 
All normal operations work. 
After the succesfull music mode tests I was confident that Ambilight should also work now in the addon.
But nope, it didnt Sad

In the log I get the same result as last time, an empty response:

Code:

21:49:36.024 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> MESSAGE TO 192.168.1.77: {u'params': [u'power', u'music_on'], u'id': 1, u'method': u'get_prop'}
21:49:36.025 T:948   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> SERVER >> 192.168.1.76 WAITING FOR CONNECTION...
21:49:36.030 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> RESPONSE FROM 192.168.1.77: on, 0
21:49:36.030 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> MESSAGE TO 192.168.1.77: {u'params': [1, u'192.168.1.76', 55440], u'id': 1, u'method': u'set_music'}
21:49:54.070 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> RESPONSE FROM 192.168.1.77: ,

I even resetted the settings again and tried automatic discovery. Suddenly that worked, for both strips ! 
But, still, ambilight is no success.

Also, again, when turning on ambi and then exitting Kodi... Kodi crashes. Not that big a deal but pretty annoying :p

(2018-01-11, 09:46)DaLanik Wrote:
(2018-01-11, 01:43)paokoutsa Wrote: Finally managed to make the add-on and Ambi option work! So that are the steps that I followed:
-Disabled Wired Network Connection in Kodi
-Enabled Wireless Network Connection in Kodi
-Installed the add-on again and went through the configuration

Strangely enough the strip could be found when I was using the Ethernet interface, but Ambi option didn't work. Maybe the exceptions reported where also due to the fact that eth interface was used. It won't be difficult to make some more checks in the code and make it work for Ethernet interface also.

Thank's again, it's working fine now!
The addon doesn't care which interface it uses. It is a thing with your box or your router.  

I figured the addon doesn't care about the interface, but after reading the story from paokoutsa and my experiences with the App and the different WiFi networks  (though same router, lan, ip range), it must have something to do with my ambilight problems in Kodi.
My Windows HTPC is connected with cable, it doesnt even have wireless. And ofcourse I'm not planning to add wireless to that system. 

I really hope we can nail this thing, if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
If changing something in the router could help, I can try that aswell. I have an ASUS RT-AC86U with Asuswrt-Merlin software. With that software pretty much everything can be controlled.

Messages In This Thread
RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - by plenkske - 2018-01-11, 10:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2