• 60(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
I downlaoded your addon from your repo but I think my version is incomplete, I'm missing many items from the menu

I can't set any actions for any bulb
(2019-09-03, 15:36)echan42 Wrote: I downlaoded your addon from your repo but I think my version is incomplete, I'm missing many items from the menu

I can't set any actions for any bulb
Yeah I just read all the last posts and seemingly, I'm not alone.

I edited my settings.xml and it's working perfect! Thanks for your hard work!
I've set my intensity to 20 and 100 and I'm getting very dim light, here's my settings file for anyone that's having trouble configuring theirs, it's a simple, play off, stop on pause on.

Thanks!

<setting id="AmbiOn" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="AmbiPrecision" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1" default="true">192.168.1.120</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_ambipos" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_bias" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_model" default="true">color</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_action" default="true">2</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_bg_action" default="true">2</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_bg_color" default="true">#FFFFFF</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_bg_duration">700</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_bg_effect" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_bg_intensity">100</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_color" default="true">#FFFFFF</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_duration">700</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_effect" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_pause_intensity">100</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_action" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_bg_action" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_bg_color" default="true">#BA2B2B</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_bg_duration">700</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_bg_effect" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_bg_intensity">100</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_color" default="true">#FFFFFF</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_duration">2200</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_effect" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_play_intensity">100</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_action" default="true">2</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_bg_action" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_bg_color" default="true">#FFFFFF</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_bg_duration">700</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_bg_effect" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_bg_intensity">100</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_color" default="true">#FFFFFF</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_duration">700</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_effect" default="true">1</setting>
    <setting id="bulb_1_stop_intensity">100</setting>
I'm late to the party but anxious to get started. Does this work with the new V2 bulbs? Does it work with anything other than Yeelight? thx
(2019-10-04, 01:41)wpbpete Wrote: I'm late to the party but anxious to get started. Does this work with the new V2 bulbs? Does it work with anything other than Yeelight? thx

Yes it does. Also lightstrip v1 and v2, v1 and v2 color bulbs, ceiling 650. And some functionality for ceiling lights 320/450/480, v1 and v2 white bulbs.... (no ambi ofcourse) Smile
Wink 
(2019-10-04, 17:58)DaLanik Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 01:41)wpbpete Wrote: I'm late to the party but anxious to get started. Does this work with the new V2 bulbs? Does it work with anything other than Yeelight? thx

Yes it does. Also lightstrip v1 and v2, v1 and v2 color bulbs, ceiling 650. And some functionality for ceiling lights 320/450/480, v1 and v2 white bulbs.... (no ambi ofcourse) Smile  
That's great! I have a Sylvania smart+ so I'll be trying it out this weekend. Thx

Edit: Sylvania didn't work. Just ordered the Yeelight v2... follow the bouncing ball pete! Smile

Finally got my Yeelight bulb installed  Cool  very high cool factor with this addon. Thanks @DaLanik your work seems flawless. 
ps: might be a good idea to update post 1 with info on the Leia issue
Hi,
I would like use this on netflix, any ideas?
Netflix dont work on 16.x and 17.x
Yeemee dont work on 18.x
(2019-10-15, 21:52)caros Wrote: Hi,
I would like use this on netflix, any ideas?
Netflix dont work on 16.x and 17.x
Yeemee dont work on 18.x

The addon should work in 18.x but the settings don't. This is due to a bug in Kodi... so you can set it up on your PC and copy the settings file to the other device...
Recently I noticed a weird issue with YeeMee+KODI and VPN. If I have VPN turned on YeeMee doesn't work, it turns on the light when playback starts but that's it. It won't change color or anything. When playback is stopped, it'll not turn off the light. When I go in the setting and try to discover the bulb, it can't discover it. All's well when VPN is off, but if VPN is on, all it can do is turn on the light and that's it.

Been trying to figure out how to go around it, but not able to. What's weird is that if I run Yeelight UWP app on the same machine, it can turn the lights on or off, and change the brightness even when VPN is on.

Any ideas what could be the issue and how I can work around it, cause I would much prefer leaving the VPN on as my local ISP has been acting weird and blocking random sites (including some API endpoints like Telegram) causing issue with Sonarr and Jackett.

EDIT: If it be any help, I'm using NordVPN and it's running as app on the HTPC.
(2019-11-14, 15:50)DeadDuck Wrote: Recently I noticed a weird issue with YeeMee+KODI and VPN. If I have VPN turned on YeeMee doesn't work, it turns on the light when playback starts but that's it. It won't change color or anything. When playback is stopped, it'll not turn off the light. When I go in the setting and try to discover the bulb, it can't discover it. All's well when VPN is off, but if VPN is on, all it can do is turn on the light and that's it.

Been trying to figure out how to go around it, but not able to. What's weird is that if I run Yeelight UWP app on the same machine, it can turn the lights on or off, and change the brightness even when VPN is on.

Any ideas what could be the issue and how I can work around it, cause I would much prefer leaving the VPN on as my local ISP has been acting weird and blocking random sites (including some API endpoints like Telegram) causing issue with Sonarr and Jackett.

That's logical, if you use VPN, your IP address changes and it is no longer in the local network.... Maybe Yeelight app works through cloud....
(2019-11-14, 18:49)DaLanik Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 15:50)DeadDuck Wrote: Recently I noticed a weird issue with YeeMee+KODI and VPN. If I have VPN turned on YeeMee doesn't work, it turns on the light when playback starts but that's it. It won't change color or anything. When playback is stopped, it'll not turn off the light. When I go in the setting and try to discover the bulb, it can't discover it. All's well when VPN is off, but if VPN is on, all it can do is turn on the light and that's it.

That's logical, if you use VPN, your IP address changes and it is no longer in the local network.... Maybe Yeelight app works through cloud.... 

Yes, but is there any way to make it work?
(2019-11-14, 15:50)DeadDuck Wrote: If it be any help, I'm using NordVPN and it's running as app on the HTPC.

Please note the VPN policy (wiki) that we have on this forum.
(2019-11-15, 08:25)DeadDuck Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 18:49)DaLanik Wrote:

Yes, but is there any way to make it work? 

Not as far as I know... that is just the way bulbs work. you can't control them if your PC is on a different network (that is why it is called LAN control in Yeelight app) Smile
Hi,
great job with the plugin already! 

I have RGB v2 bulb, amlogic box with coreelec 9.2.0, Kodi 18.4. 
Do you have any tips to make my bulb act less "disco" during Ambi Service setting on? I mean I would really love to make my bulb work less, right now it is too glitchy.. sometimes it starts to change the colors even without much motion on screen. Colours are often missed and even while I set the brightness intensity to 20 it shines for a split second IMO much higher o.0 
I have already read whole topic several times. I know that there are some issues with access to settings on Kodi 18 Leia so I`m trying to edit settings.xls file located in /.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.yeemee . 
Can anyone explain me <setting id="AmbiPrecision" default="true">0</setting> function? What are the options for that? 
Right now settings file looks like in this paste: https://paste.kodi.tv/nimubimayu

I`ll be very gratefull for any sugestions, right now it rather can be set to change the color during the stop/pause and play of a video.  
/BTW
Anyone asked Yeelight support if it is possible to do the downgrade to firmware with better for us music play configuration?
I think  <setting id="YeeSmoothen">300</setting> did a lot for me, I`ll try to watch a move now as a test if my eyes will be fine with that.
(2019-11-20, 21:42)JimmyTrivette Wrote: Hi,
great job with the plugin already! 

I have RGB v2 bulb, amlogic box with coreelec 9.2.0, Kodi 18.4. 
Do you have any tips to make my bulb act less "disco" during Ambi Service setting on? I mean I would really love to make my bulb work less, right now it is too glitchy.. sometimes it starts to change the colors even without much motion on screen. Colours are often missed and even while I set the brightness intensity to 20 it shines for a split second IMO much higher o.0 
I have already read whole topic several times. I know that there are some issues with access to settings on Kodi 18 Leia so I`m trying to edit settings.xls file located in /.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.yeemee . 
Can anyone explain me <setting id="AmbiPrecision" default="true">0</setting> function? What are the options for that? 
Right now settings file looks like in this paste: https://paste.kodi.tv/nimubimayu

I`ll be very gratefull for any sugestions, right now it rather can be set to change the color during the stop/pause and play of a video.  
/BTW
Anyone asked Yeelight support if it is possible to do the downgrade to firmware with better for us music play configuration?
Yes, they ask at Yeelight forum all the time, but no company is going to downgrade their product Smile Smile
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2