Setting up MySQL
Can you grab a debug log of you trying to do exactly what you just did?
(2017-04-27, 15:48)helta Wrote: Can you grab a debug log of you trying to do exactly what you just did?

I looked through the debug file and found an error in my IP settings in the advanced settings. FML. Problem seems to be resolved for now, and the library is updating. Marvelous!

I am very grateful for you help, I might have given up before finding this otherwise! Big Grin

I will probably have some more issuses before everything is up and running properly in the network, but it sure looks a lot brighter at the moment.

But on a side note, how does this MySQL function practically? Let's say i watch an unwatched movie on my android device/computer - what do I need to do for this to sync to my other connected devices? The same goes for I want to change a title or a fanart.. Is everything instantaneous or do I have to restart the software?

Once again, thank you very much for your time and patience!
All you have to do is ensure that a valid advancedsettings.xml gets copied over to all your other devices. Everything should be instantaneous (aside from caching of artwork, which may take 24 hours etc). Also, if you use a skin with widgets, you may have to enter into a section and back out before your widgets get updated.

The main thing with mySQL is that you HAVE TO BE USING THE SAME VERSION between all devices! Other then that, let us know if you have anymore problems.
Ok, the joy was short lived. I'm currently trying to rebuild my library but I'm having some troubles with one of my TV-show folders. It's a rather large folder which contain around 200 different shows - all of them with meta data in the vicinity of the video files. So it should go rather smoothly to rebuild the library.

Unfortunately it doesn't. Around 30 of the shows are identified - and some are skipped alfabetically. Then it just abruptly stops, and when I hit refresh - nothing happens. The majority of my shows are in other words unable to fall into the library. I can see them clearly under the files section.

Is this a known error?

Edit: Might be worth mentioning that my smaller (HD) folder has no problems and all shows are updated properly. All files has been recognized by kodi before.

Edit2: I've tried moving the entire library into a new folder and add this folder. The same thing happens. Even the same TV-shows are recognised (or not). I've also tried to map them without a network path. Same thing. Unfortunately, I am unable to create an error log, since there seem to be some sort of server problem.
Its probably tripping up on a series it cant identify, if i were you, I would wipe the source from Kodi, physically move all but 10 of the shows, then let Kodi scrape it. If all went well, add another 10 shows, etc.
(2017-04-27, 19:28)helta Wrote: Its probably tripping up on a series it cant identify, if i were you, I would wipe the source from Kodi, physically move all but 10 of the shows, then let Kodi scrape it. If all went well, add another 10 shows, etc.

You were right, a couple of (self-created).nfo to some obscure Swedish TV shows had somehow been corrupted.

The watched status of some of my shows seems to have been disrupted somehow. A few episodes here and there had been marked as unwatched. Easily restored I've been trying to locate where this information is stored, but with little success. Do you know if there is someway to store the watched/unwathced status in the nfos?

This would allow me to avoid future meta data loss..

Thank you again for a quick and solid reply! Smile
If you had exported your .nfos previously, your watch history should have gone with it. You would need to add the following to your advancedsettings:

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

To get it back into your new library.
Ok, I believe I had it set up like that - and all my movies and 98% of my episodes tagged along perfectly, just can't understand what happened to the remaining 2%. Well - No harm done. Smile I just haven't been able to pinpoint which syntax that refers to the watched status in the .nfo's- that's why I'm curious
<lastplayed><lastplayed> and a <playcount></playcount>

Should be in the nfo I believe after a quick google search
(2017-04-27, 21:11)helta Wrote: <lastplayed><lastplayed> and a <playcount></playcount>

Should be in the nfo I believe after a quick google search

Aha, yes, that makes sense! Smile

Thanks! Big Grin
Hello again!

Finally got my new Android Shield TV on which I want to set up Kodi. I've managed to install the android version 17.1 Git 20170320-fc1619b (exactly the same version and build as I have now on both my computers (which btw are working very well - thank you very much!)). I've also placed my advancedsettings.xml file inte the correct folder.

I can open kodi and see all my video files - although completely without fanart/posters. As soon as I try to open a file I get a dialog saying "The file is no longer available - would you like to remove it from the library." I have no troubles finding and playing files from my second computer,

There seems to be some troubles with my sources or network access. I believe it has something to do with passwords - but I am not sure. I've tried to change the sharing options so that "everyone" has read access - but without success.

Both my computers are logged into the same account and I'm logged on to the same e-mail (username) in my shield, but with a different password. If this is the problem, I don't know how to resolve it.

Do you know how to resolve this - or should I perhaps open a new thread?

Edit: I've been doing some further prodding and deduced that it is seems indeed to be password related. I've added the sources.xml file to my secondary computer and the Android devoce. When browsing the secondary computer I have no problems entering the file browser - but when trying to do the same on the android device I am sent to "lock preferences" and aksed for a username and password. I am not able to crack this username/passwords - I just can't figure it out. I've tried, among others, my computer login (same used in sharing). I've also tried to tweak my sharing options.

Edit2: Solved it by turning off password protection sharing - would still appreciate to have to have it protected if anyone know how..

My MySQL is now working flawlessly! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up MySQL0