[split] Is this KODI Box useless?
I bought an MXQ box, which uses the MBOX launcher and am now unable to watch most of the tv programs we like to watch. I have no idea how to download the 17.1 Krypton onto it. I tried to do it using the tv, but had no success (because I have no idea about what I am doing) and I also took the chip out of the box and tried to download the Krypton onto it using my computer hard drive.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg
@gregb98 don't hijack another users thread. Please provide a debug log (wiki) via a pastebin.com link for further assistance.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I assume mxq runs android. If so load kodi from the play store.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Before you get too frustrated, you may want to check what version of android you are running. A standard MXQ box (not MXQ PRO /4k) is probably running KitKat. If you are running Kit Kat, you can't run Krypton anyways.
Running Kodi on Arch 64bit Linux (Leia 18.9) ,  Android Nougat (Leia 18.9) CoreELEC (S905 community builds Leia 18.9)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Is this KODI Box useless?0